Transfer Window Countdown

munoz

As the deadline looms,  will we bring in anyone else or do we go with what we've got ? By the sound of JG's interview after the weekend's game, it sounds like we are still trying to improve the squad. Hopefully we can get 1 or 2 in. 

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

As the deadline looms,  will we bring in anyone else or do we go with what we've got ? By the sound of JG's interview after the weekend's game, it sounds like we are still trying to improve the squad. Hopefully we can get 1 or 2 in. 

Not sure what's the most critical position for us right now.

We're, numbers wise, probably where we should be.

Looking like we've got what we've got and time to make the best of it, down to Goodwin to show his managerial skills. 

I hope we're not looking for a goalie. :wink:

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure what's the most critical position for us right now.

We're, numbers wise, probably where we should be.

Looking like we've got what we've got and time to make the best of it, down to Goodwin to show his managerial skills. 

I hope we're not looking for a goalie. :wink:

Still think we could do with cover for central defence and possibly another forward.  

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Still think we could do with cover for central defence and possibly another forward.  

I think we could do with about 10 players, not sure that's realistic. :wink:

PS Kidding apart a forward that's got a proven record would be ideal but I fear that ships sailed.

Back to hoping someone turns out to be more than average. 

Edited by faraway saint

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

I think you are right. A player who can play Central defence or fullback. Another with a different style up front to Danny, Obika and Morias. A touch of speed would help. 

7 minutes ago, David Mc said:

LB, CH, Left side MF and Striker who's good in the air.  All on the basis of watching one game on BT Sport 😊.  Squad looks quite thin in those areas.  January window will be important as ever.

We're fine in midfield, up front and in wide areas. It is the defence that needs cover, as Saturday proved. We only have five natural defenders on the books, not counting youngsters. Would like to see an extra centre half, particularly given Mackenzie's injury record, and cover at full back.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

We're fine in midfield, up front and in wide areas. It is the defence that needs cover, as Saturday proved. We only have five natural defenders on the books, not counting youngsters. Would like to see an extra centre half, particularly given Mackenzie's injury record, and cover at full back.

We have created a host of good chances for Andreu, Morias and Obika to blow. None of these guys look like they have any idea where the back of the net is. We either need to rapidly build up their confidence and match sharpness, or bring in someone to play alongside Danny Mullen.

Andreu in particular could do with a bit of competition for his place.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

We have created a host of good chances for Andreu, Morias and Obika to blow. None of these guys look like they have any idea where the back of the net is. We either need to rapidly build up their confidence and match sharpness, or bring in someone to play alongside Danny Mullen.

Andreu in particular could do with a bit of competition for his place.

Extremely harsh given the number of games these guys have played. They’re showing capability in getting into scoring positions. as they settle there’s every chance they’ll come good. Its hardly like Mullen has never missed good chances in his time at the club.

It still beggars belief that some people continue to jump the gun on stuff like this.  :lol:

Edited by bazil85

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Extremely harsh given the number of games these guys have played. They’re showing capability in getting into scoring positions. as they settle there’s every chance they’ll come good. Its hardly like Mullen has never missed good chances in his time at the club.

It still beggars belief that some people continue to jump the gun on stuff like this.  :lol:

Indeed, imagine we had signed players earlier, like most teams. :lol:

8 minutes ago, GeordieBuddie said:

For me Djorkaef will be like a new player :) Can't understand when he hasn't got any minutes yet! Current midfield hasn't exactly started with a bang.

His dads flew in twice and he hasn't even got off the bench!

But I think a CD and a proven striker is probably needed!

Not quite sure why, seeing as he's hardly kicked a ball for us, that you see him in this light?

As for his dad being here, feck all to do with the team. 

6 minutes ago, GeordieBuddie said:

I think that's Vladky staying put!

Capture.JPG

This would be the best news we could get.

mentioned before I rate this guy as one on the best players we've signed for years and worth a bag of points at the end of the season. 

Edited by faraway saint

12 minutes ago, GeordieBuddie said:

For me Djorkaef will be like a new player :) Can't understand when he hasn't got any minutes yet! Current midfield hasn't exactly started with a bang.

His dads flew in twice and he hasn't even got off the bench!

But I think a CD and a proven striker is probably needed!

I'm sure Djorkaeff will get his chance soon. Has looked decent enough in his time on the park. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not quite sure why, seeing as he's hardly kicked a ball for us, that you see him in this light?

As for his dad being here, feck all to do with the team. 

This would be the best news we could get.

mentioned before I rate this guy as one on the best players we've signed for years and worth a bag of points at the end of the season. 

Exactly if he's hardly kicked a ball he would be like a new player! Seemed lively and creative when he has got on the pitch.

Just don't want JG to leave him benched and not use him especially if we continue to not pick up points.

Pride before a fall & all that!

Club have signed him & I doubt it was to be a bench warmer!

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

WGAF about Hibs? :lol:

Well what about signing players earlier? It assumes the current players would have been available or better ones would have been. Your post was irrelevant. 

Hibs are proof signing early doesn’t mean signing better. You know who else is proof? Saints of last summer :rolleyes: