Transfer Window Countdown

munoz

9 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I like Kirk but I don’t see this as a great move on our part. 35 now, Killie happy enough to release him is a sign that the legs are gone, unless we plan to offer a player-coach role then I can’t see many positives in this. 

He told the club he didn't want to play for the new manager , so they got him off the books so they could afford a replacement !

31 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I like Kirk but I don’t see this as a great move on our part. 35 now, Killie happy enough to release him is a sign that the legs are gone, unless we plan to offer a player-coach role then I can’t see many positives in this. 

I take your point CS but he does fit the bill of being an experienced CH. 

I think the young lad is only contracted till January. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I take your point CS but he does fit the bill of being an experienced CH. 

I think the young lad is only contracted till January. 

He's hardly young and it's longer than January. :whistle :lol:

Edited by pod

Don't know why but I got the impression that Jason's final season with us wasn't a happy one and I suspect he wouldn't come back to us even if we could afford him. If Kirk joins I would rather see us try and bring in a goal scoring forward. Early days but I dont see enough goals goals coming from Danny, Cody, John or Junior. 

3 minutes ago, magnus said:

Don't know why but I got the impression that Jason's final season with us wasn't a happy one and I suspect he wouldn't come back to us even if we could afford him. If Kirk joins I would rather see us try and bring in a goal scoring forward. Early days but I dont see enough goals goals coming from Danny, Cody, John or Junior. 

It is early but nothing to indicate there's bags of goals from our current forwards IMO.

Very hard these days for a club with our resources to get a forward who's got the experience like Broadfoot for example.

7 minutes ago, magnus said:

I would take him back.. No question and build a solid and experienced defence. Give our forwards service and, my feeling is, they will score goals. 

Guest TPAFKATS
It is early but nothing to indicate there's bags of goals from our current forwards IMO.
Very hard these days for a club with our resources to get a forward who's got the experience like Broadfoot for example.
Thankfully we never went down the Kenny Miller route either last season or this season.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Thankfully we never went down the Kenny Miller route either last season or this season.

In your opinion, I would have taken Miller over the players we had any day, all about opinions. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

3 minutes ago, mattman said:

think it’s early doors to judge the strikers considering the competition we’ve had recently (livi aside), all I takes is one goal to give a striker confidence to push on, seen it with Mullen towards the end of last season.

Aye, we know. :P

41 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Wonderful, having a go at Celtic for being sectarian by making a sectarian comment yourself.

Where is the sectarian comment ? 

Not many Oapostrophes seemed to have lasted the distance at Ibrox. 

It's just sectarian fact. 

O'dafty