cockles1987

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies, Saturday 21st September.

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

It's what Hamilton do. Horrible to watch. But we are very poor. 

1 point from 9 we should have had a fighting chance to collect - usual Hammer thrower defensive battling and we never hit the target nearly enough...

I do hope we spend all week doing shooting practice for the strikers and passing to strikers for the midfield . . .

We are struggling and no where near good enough . . . Thank lady luck we beat Aberdeen or we would have 1 point from a rubbish Hamilton team...

FT 0-0

Brutal stuff. Accies were playing for 0-0 before they went down to 10 men, the sending off of their striker didn’t change much, just nullified their attacking threat.

Sadly we just weren’t good enough to beat a 10 man defence and a draw was a fair result.

10 years ago I was on this forum raging about Accies defensive football and shithousery under Billy Reid. I actually quite admire them now, they’ve stuck to it and they have 10th place written all over them (again). Must admit I enjoyed their fans singing and dancing in the 89th minute when their goalkeeper was booked for time wasting.

We are a better team than we were last year, but the leagues better too. We will need to improve hugely if we are going to stay up.

Talking about Stewart who at the time was let go as deemed not good enough but is now developing or Shankland who is scoring 2 in 4 mins against a part time team in a division below isnt going to get us goals we are poor up front right now and can only hope it changes but these 2 players are not ours and in my opinion i couldn't care what they now do. 

50 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Was never a 2nd yellow although he could have easily got a straight red for his earlier challenge on Flynn

Ref has been awful

And he was poor throughout. Good first half by Saints but dissappointing in the second half. On balance a fair result. 

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Usual Hamilton time wasting from early didn’t take any of our chances early in the game and didn’t do enough when they went down to 10 men.

Disappointing but only positive I seen today was Hamilton are awful confident we will finish above them.

We didn't change anything when Hanilton went down to 10 men. No courage to take a chance and no-one who can make a forward pass. Please also stop the shite short corners. If we are too short arsed to compete in the air find a way to get a centre back up and whip it in. Frustrating day.

What exactly are we doing in training, playing f**king pool is my guess because it certainly isn’t finishing?

That is not good enough against 10 men, I get Accies are hard to beat but we had plenty of chances and never looked like taking any of them.

Just now, John Gotti said:

What exactly are we doing in training, playing f**king pool is my guess because it certainly isn’t finishing?

That is not good enough against 10 men, I get Accies are hard to beat but we had plenty of chances and never looked like taking any of them.

Morais and Obika look stunned every time they get a chance.

4 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

How long before we start to look at Goodwin? Very poor tactically and seems to have no plan on how break down defences. If he hadn't played for us the usual suspects would be baying for blood

A while I hope

2 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

How long before we start to look at Goodwin? Very poor tactically and seems to have no plan on how break down defences. If he hadn't played for us the usual suspects would be baying for blood

Looked to me like  he doesn't want to lose rather than push for a win. Seemed to lack confidence in the players even against a 10 man Hamilton.

Hamilton Academical - a truly awful football team. I'm just grateful I only need to watch their anti-football a few times a year whilst enduring their fans celebrating a draw away from home at the footballing giants - St Mirren... cringe!

Onto the game - we pass the ball about nicely, have some tidy footballers and a good defensive unit... then you venture beyond the halfway line and we have a shitshow. Morias wouldn't get a game out my back garden. Andreu doesn't touch the ball most of the game and as a result Magennis doesn't know where he's meant to be because as our best player he's shunted out wide to give Andreu a place.

Danny Mullen should definitely be starting next week, Magennis inside, Andreu riding pine and 2 wingers from the start please. If not then Mullen behind the striker and Obika up top. That was murder on the eye today.

As a closing note; Ross County won again today with non other than Ross Stewart scoring... thanks Allan Stubbs, thanks a lot.

Edited by W6Saint