cockles1987

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies, Saturday 21st September.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Wouldn't make any difference to yourself, the Arbroath Haddie or the Shullster anyway as you are never there. 

We have two home games coming up that should we win them would move us away from the bottom. First one up is Hamilton. 

I ok...going start winning after getting beaten nearly every week...what planet u on?

5 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

I ok...going start winning after getting beaten nearly every week...what planet u on?

This one. Including the part you and a few others never go to. Simple Digital Arena. The longest journey begins with one step.. Why not this week is the question. 

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I cant see us offering anything up front as such sadly I see Hamilton rooting us to the bottom of the league. My first game in a long time fingers crossed but not confident given our forward line. 

Things have been tight in every game. Midfielder to score. 

11 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Surely Rangers v Celtic would be worse ...or are you an Old Firm fan?

I thats right i support the old firm...fecking hate them...Saints v Hamilton, low crowd, no atmosphere, hoofball, no talent on show..absolute bore-fest!

4 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

I thats right i support the old firm...fecking hate them...Saints v Hamilton, low crowd, no atmosphere, hoofball, no talent on show..absolute bore-fest!

There's always a side. You won't be there, nor will the other two prominent non attending forum posters. 

Really need a positive result in this one, and that means a win. If that is going to happen we're to have to cut out the cheap goals we've shipped in the last 2 games. That and our forwards really need to start finding the net pronto. 

Saints win 3-1.

My first day of semi retirement having leased out the shop to a French lady. Will it be a happy one ? Well it's to be sunny 18c which is a great start.  To win this we will have to work very hard. 
I hope your semi brings you much pleasure and satisfaction!

40 minutes ago, munoz said:

Really need a positive result in this one, and that means a win. If that is going to happen we're to have to cut out the cheap goals we've shipped in the last 2 games. That and our forwards really need to start finding the net pronto. 

Saints win 3-1.

I'd like to think we can get a win here but Hamilton, despite what some people had hoped, are no mugs.

Watched most of the game last Saturday against Celtic and, as you can imagine, Celtic were all over them but still only managed the one goal.

I seriously can't see us magically scoring 3 goals, I'd take a 1-0 right now. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I'd like to think we can get a win here but Hamilton, despite what some people had hoped, are no mugs.

Watched most of the game last Saturday against Celtic and, as you can imagine, Celtic were all over them but still only managed the one goal.

I seriously can't see us magically scoring 3 goals, I'd take a 1-0 right now. 

Yeah seen the highlights and read reports. They seem quite defence. 

Prediction was optimistic more than anything.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Yeah seen the highlights and read reports. They seem quite defence. 

Prediction was optimistic more than anything.

I honestly think we can win it, like you say, we really NEED to win these games, as we've lost the last two which we really should be taking something from if we are to stay up. 

Ah feck it, 6-0. :lol:

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My first day of semi retirement having leased out the shop to a French lady. Will it be a happy one ? Well it's to be sunny 18c which is a great start.  To win this we will have to work very hard. 

Hopefully you will enjoy your semi-retirement. Games against Hamilton have, traditionally, been hard fought and tight. I'd expect this one to be similar. Difficult to call but at home then we should be able to take the points. 

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I honestly think we can win it, like you say, we really NEED to win these games, as we've lost the last two which we really should be taking something from if we are to stay up. 

Ah feck it, 6-0. :lol:

Ooooft 

I agree with you FS, this is one we can win, must win and (hopefully) a thumping 3, 4, 5, or even 6 goal margin in our favour would really set us up for a surge up the league table.

1-0 to us.

8 hours ago, munoz said:

Saints win 3-1.

Strange that our defence, which looked good in the opening two or three games has looked vulnerable in the last two. Despite that scores against us remain low. Scoring at the other end remains to be seen. Sort these and, as you say, a 3...1 looks possible. 

Strange that our defence, which looked good in the opening two or three games has looked vulnerable in the last two. Despite that scores against us remain low. Scoring at the other end remains to be seen. Sort these and, as you say, a 3...1 looks possible. 
The gaffer more or less explained in an interview that early focus in training was on a tight defence.

They had started to put more emphasis on attack, but at a cost.