cockles1987

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies, Saturday 21st September.

Assuming he's fit, i think the way Goodwin has handled Stephen McGinn is spot on. He needs to show the hunger and desire to get his place back in the team, he's better than what he showed last season. Also, with Mullen same effect hopefully... giving the new guys a chance is the right thing to do and it's up to Danny to force his way in because of his form.

43 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Assuming he's fit, i think the way Goodwin has handled Stephen McGinn is spot on. He needs to show the hunger and desire to get his place back in the team, he's better than what he showed last season. Also, with Mullen same effect hopefully... giving the new guys a chance is the right thing to do and it's up to Danny to force his way in because of his form.

McGinn does not even get in the reserves.  Does not get on the bench. Been fit for weeks. Have a bad feeling Goodwin will ship him out in January.  

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McGinn does not even get in the reserves.  Does not get on the bench. Been fit for weeks. Have a bad feeling Goodwin will ship him out in January.  

If he can't rise to the challenge then there's no room for sentiment. Jim Goodwin stated that he wanted every player fighting for their place, quite rightly.

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In the championship he was the fulcrum point to reset, and set off attacks. In the Premiership every opposition side knows his game, his lack of pace and vulnerabilities. He isnt suited to a quick counterattack style of play. Possibly, for his benefit he will need to move to a team and manager that want to build around his style.

he has certainly played his part in our resurrection, i am sure he wouldnt want to be accused of being part of any decline?

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

If he can't rise to the challenge then there's no room for sentiment. Jim Goodwin stated that he wanted every player fighting for their place, quite rightly.

Have seen enough of S McGinn to know what quality he can bring to the team . Edit Can I ask how he can rise to the challenge if he not on the bench or game time on the pitch or get a game in the reserves  not even on the bench. To me he is  frozen out. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have seen enough of S McGinn to know what quality he can bring to the team . Edit Can I ask how he can rise to the challenge if he not on the bench or game time on the pitch or get a game in the reserves  not even on the bench. To me he is  frozen out. 

That's too dramatic a description IMO. He's been injured and came back and the coaching team between them don't see enough to merit putting him back in. I trust Jim's judgement and that he wants the best for our club,  Stephen has to up it in training or this won't change.

46 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

That's too dramatic a description IMO. He's been injured and came back and the coaching team between them don't see enough to merit putting him back in. I trust Jim's judgement and that he wants the best for our club,  Stephen has to up it in training or this won't change.

He was in the stand at Easter Road with the fans declaring himself fit. How many weeks is that ?  He can be seen playing a bounce game on buddie vision with the first team. Since the Hibs game he has been watching the team from the stand . Does that sound like a player being given a chance to prove himself  ? 

He was in the stand at Easter Road with the fans declaring himself fit. How many weeks is that ?  He can be seen playing a bounce game on buddie vision with the first team. Since the Hibs game he has been watching the team from the stand . Does that sound like a player being given a chance to prove himself  ? 

Can he not prove himself in the bounce games?

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:
Hladky

McGinn
Broadfoot
McLoughlin
Waters

Foley
Magennis

Durmus
Andreu
McAllister

Morias

4-2-3-1

Harsh on Flynn

I'm glad the manager sets up the structure and picks the team. The squad now has competition for places. Each player, playing for their place in the match day squad, let alone the team. Got to be good news but tough on the players left out. Same for others I Guess, when they are in the team or squad. 

22 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Can he not prove himself in the bounce games?

Yes , Just find it strange why would you have such a talented player sitting in the stand. Opinion may be split on his talents for me he is one of our top players. 

Yes , Just find it strange why would you have such a talented player sitting in the stand. Opinion may be split on his talents for me he is one of our top players. 
One thing I'm mindful of is that none of us see what happens in training, and we all know that makes a huge difference in a managers mind.

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
6 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:
Hladky

McGinn
Broadfoot
McLoughlin
Waters

Foley
Magennis

Durmus
Andreu
McAllister

Morias

4-2-3-1

Harsh on 

Side issues make this more interesting with Brian Rice leading Hamilton led by Jim Goodwin for the first time and Andreu against his old team. Fascinating. 

Edited by St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

They might just click tomorrow,  you never know. 

Indeed, you never know........................and the bookies think we will win so that's a good sign. :wink:

Scoring 3 goals, however, is a tad optimistic IMO. 

PS And again below, FFS, Mod, please get rid. :thumbsdown

Edited by faraway saint