Welcome back Kirk Broadfoot

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Not sure about this. 35 years old. If we sign him I hope does well. But I think jes past it. Just my opinion. Coys

I think he’s got another year left in him Gary, I think we need defensive cover incase of injuries and he would suit the bill, played 27 times for Killie last season, so can’t be too bad!

had my heart set on Popescu coming back but I’m not too disheartened about this, fair signing!

7 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Not sure about this. 35 years old. If we sign him I hope does well. But I think jes past it. Just my opinion. Coys

Super Steven Thompson played, cough cough, till he was almost 38, not too many thought he was past it at 35. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Super Steven Thompson played, cough cough, till he was almost 38, not too many thought he was past it at 35. 

Steven Thompson always looked fit and still does tbf but I think, and hope, that Kirk Broadfoot has always looked after himself, is genuinely match fit, and has a good couple of seasons in him. Hope it happens - potentially a great signing for us.

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

Steven Thompson always looked fit and still does tbf but I think, and hope, that Kirk Broadfoot has always looked after himself, is genuinely match fit, and has a good couple of seasons in him. Hope it happens - potentially a great signing for us.

Broadfoot is a known player, has what it takes in this league and while he's getting on will be able to read the game and give us reliability.

No disrespect but the majority of players we sign are less experienced and more of a gamble.

If he turns out to be a dud I'll delete this pile of shite. :lol:

Broadfoot would be a very good signing indeed. Plenty of experience, still got a bit in the tank and has been a very good player for us in the past. 

I had no idea he was as old as 35. Assumed he was about 32 or 33 but then I can't believe it was 13 years ago that he left us. If we get a good season out of him, why not? He was a regular in the 3rd best team in Scotland last season and he'd probably walk into one of the starting centre half roles of most of the rest of the bottom six. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Not a bad consolation signing instead of Popescu. Only concern would be the 2 year contract for reasons already noted by others. It is however understandable that we are trying to avoid 1 year deals as it leaves us having to replace too many of the squad each year.

Broadfoot would be a very good signing indeed. Plenty of experience, still got a bit in the tank and has been a very good player for us in the past. 
I had no idea he was as old as 35. Assumed he was about 32 or 33 but then I can't believe it was 13 years ago that he left us. If we get a good season out of him, why not? He was a regular in the 3rd best team in Scotland last season and he'd probably walk into one of the starting centre half roles of most of the rest of the bottom six. 

Andy Millen must have been about 65 when he stopped playing, so if he’s looked after himself then I don’t see a problem with a two year contract.
I guess for the likes of Broadfoot though I wouldn’t be expecting him to be making lung bursting runs from box to box, so in his position I don’t believe the same energy levels are required. I’d expect him to be more clearing the lines or passing the ball on to one of our many creative midfielders.
Good signing if it happens. Should give us plenty options in that role.

As the earlier post said, Kirky could have easily downed tools after agreeing to join Rangers but he didn't and put some cracking performances in between March and the end of the season.

He was a key member of that 2005-06 team that done the League & Cup double so it will be great to see the big man back in Black and White.

Given McLoughlin's efforts on Saturday, this is reassuring. Loved big Kirkie the first time round and his song must be resurrected!

I remember him bursting onto the scene as a teenager scoring 2 excellent goals from outside the box at Somerset. I think he may have played midfield that day? Even after settling into being a centre-half he was partial to the odd marauding run through the midfield.

Gus talked him up as being one of the most committed players at the club. Would always stay behind after training when others were away home. No surprise he's had a good career, even managing a goal for Scotland.