Welcome back Kirk Broadfoot

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Are you now suggesting that Broadfoot doesn't/didn't have a contract with Killie..? Dont be such a tit man.

You really are one of the most negative people I’ve had the miss-fortune to come across. Every time someone tries to take your mantle you really up your game. 

I never denied he had a contract, you spinning words doesn’t change that  

you’re making purposeful troll comments on his contract not being paid up yet with apparently zero support evidence... where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, almost every one of your posts. 

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Naismith is more of a full-back, something that we have cover on for that right side. 

Who have we got to cover Waters (who will already be missing for Killie matches) and Paul McGinn?

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

A player that played in 27 league games (would have likely been more if not for suspension) for a team that finished 3rd in the SP last season seems 'meh' to you? He's also likely been signed to challenge our center back pairing and won't be an automatic pick, great signing IMO.

He's done more at higher levels than any of the other three center backs. 

He’s also 35 now and we have no idea how long it’ll be before he starts to go into major decline. Kirk was one of my favourite players back in his early years with us, and his performances after the PCA was signed were phenomenal, but we already have one centre back who is in that stage of his career.

I think he’s got another year left in him Gary, I think we need defensive cover incase of injuries and he would suit the bill, played 27 times for Killie last season, so can’t be too bad!
had my heart set on Popescu coming back but I’m not too disheartened about this, fair signing!

I’m sure Popescu will be back in January - 18month deal !

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Who have we got to cover Waters (who will already be missing for Killie matches) and Paul McGinn?

He’s also 35 now and we have no idea how long it’ll be before he starts to go into major decline. Kirk was one of my favourite players back in his early years with us, and his performances after the PCA was signed were phenomenal, but we already have one centre back who is in that stage of his career.

Kirky can play at left-back if required. Cammy MacPherson can play right-back.

I understand where you are coming from with regards to age, though the difference between Kirky and GMack, is that the latter has had ongoing injuries for most of his career, whereas Broadfoot hasn't. 

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Risks are attached to any player. A 21 year old untested at this level arguably poses more risk than a 35 year old that was playing for a team regularly that finished 8 positions above us four months ago.  

Yes his performance ability could fall off a cliff shortly but it’s not that likely. 

Cammy, p McGinn & Ethan can all cover r/l full back if needed. We don’t have the luxury of being 2 deep in every position 

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Cammy, p McGinn & Ethan can all cover r/l full back if needed. We don’t have the luxury of being 2 deep in every position 

41 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

It’s been proven time and time again that Ethan should be nowhere near the full back slot. Try it long enough with Cammy and we will probably see the same result. Paul McGinn is already the starting fullback so he can’t be considered as cover.

I understand we can’t be two deep in every position, but we are barely anywhere near deep on defence. Aside from youth, we have one defender spare across the back four. 

With Bairdy loaned out, we are confined to playing Waters-McLoughlin-MacKenzie-P.McGinn. If Kirk signs then we have one player as proper cover. We already know Waters is out for Killie matches (and could well be recalled in January). So what’s the plan if we suffer suspension or injury? Cammy and Ethan are not the answer, so unless we have a youth ready to step up, or have another free agent alongside Kirk that we are aiming to bring in, then our defence is going to be dangerously thin until January.

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He played left central defence when he was at Love Street. Doesn’t mean he can play left back!

Nor can I see him making the bombing runs forward he used to be renowned for with us!

Shame, I used to love it when he thought “f**k it, let’s run forward and see what happens”. Absolute quality.

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

I understand where you are coming from with regards to age, though the difference between Kirky and GMack, is that the latter has had ongoing injuries for most of his career, whereas Broadfoot hasn't. 

He did have an unfortunate burn incident and end up with "egg on his face"!!!!

Anyway I will stop being so utterly hilarious for a moment and ask.....has he signed yet?

It would be rather embarrassing if the deal fell through with young Jack already off to ply his trade in the land of heroin, incest and Labour voters.

That would be embarrasing, embarrasing it would be indeed.

1 minute ago, TediousTom said:

Anyway I will stop being so utterly hilarious for a moment and ask.....has he signed yet?

It would be rather embarrassing if the deal fell through with young Jack already off to ply his trade in the land of heroin, incest and Labour voters.

It would indeed, to coin a phrase. 

I believe that there might still be some negotiation going on between Kirk and Killie to finalise the agreement. 

8 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Yep, almost as embarrassing as your spelling.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It’s been proven time and time again that Ethan should be nowhere near the full back slot. Try it long enough with Cammy and we will probably see the same result. Paul McGinn is already the starting fullback so he can’t be considered as cover.

I understand we can’t be two deep in every position, but we are barely anywhere near deep on defence. Aside from youth, we have one defender spare across the back four. 

With Bairdy loaned out, we are confined to playing Waters-McLoughlin-MacKenzie-P.McGinn. If Kirk signs then we have one player as proper cover. We already know Waters is out for Killie matches (and could well be recalled in January). So what’s the plan if we suffer suspension or injury? Cammy and Ethan are not the answer, so unless we have a youth ready to step up, or have another free agent alongside Kirk that we are aiming to bring in, then our defence is going to be dangerously thin until January.

It’s the best we can do, we need three CB & Goody believes Kirky provides a better option than bairdy. 

Ethan & Cammy are improving all the time & will know they may need to take their chances in those positions. 

It isn’t likely we’re in a position to offer a better player a contract as cover. We have what we have & that’s pretty good looking depth in most areas + a couple of players that can play LB/ RB in emergency. Let’s hope we don’t need them to. 

It’s the best we can do, we need three CB & Goody believes Kirky provides a better option than bairdy. 
Ethan & Cammy are improving all the time & will know they may need to take their chances in those positions. 
It isn’t likely we’re in a position to offer a better player a contract as cover. We have what we have & that’s pretty good looking depth in most areas + a couple of players that can play LB/ RB in emergency. Let’s hope we don’t need them to. 

Agreed. We have a finite budget and would find it difficult to have the required cover at every position. We’ve got players who can cover but there will be a drop off in quality. Let’s just hope we don’t lose anyone to a long term injury.🤞

Highly amusing that the Morton media manager decided to announce Broadfoot was signing for Morton....only to realise he had the wrong end of the stick and delete the post!

Morton fans seemed to have their hope up too and aren't too happy getting a St Mirren player on loan instead :lol: