Jack Baird joins Morton

mattman

Suits everyone, Morton need a central defender and Jack is more than good enough for the championship. We also get to keep what would be our 4th choice centre half match sharp and will have the option of recalling a player who is already up to speed if anyone gets injured.

All the best, Jack!

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wonder how he feels about this after playing for us through some difficult periods? 

He's not done much wrong tbf,  but if he's out of the managers plans for now, he's probably best playing every week. He's still relatively young and if he can improve on certain parts of his game, he can still be a big player for us. 

Not sure how he'll feel about the move. If it were me , I'd try and use it as motivation. 

6 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Let’s face it, Baird is pish, never good enough for The SPL, Morton is his level, best of luck Jack.

Jack never gives less than 100% and is one of my favourite players of recent years. He is still young and still learning. Plays better alongside a more experienced centre back. 

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Jack never gives less than 100% and is one of my favourite players of recent years. He is still young and still learning. Plays better alongside a more experienced centre back. 

Got to agree here, always gives 110% wears his heart on his sleeve.  But can't help feel its left us short at the back, hopefully its just about keeping him fit and balancing the books.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Cant help feeling it should be S McGinn on this move. We are paper thin and vulnerable in central defence unless an out of contract comes in?

It’s been said Broadfoot is a done deal from someone that is very rarely wrong & I wouldn’t imagine they would complete such a deal unless someone was coming in. 

McGinn was instrumental in the run in last season. One poor league cup group campaign (along with everyone else) and an injury doesn’t suggest he won’t be an important player for us this season.

Edited by bazil85

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He has 129 appearances for us like you he is also one of my favourite players. He still has a bright future with St Mirren.