Jack Baird joins Morton

mattman

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Morton have conceded 12 goals in 4 league games, it'll be interesting if Baird can help them reduce that disastrous number.

A short term loan to Morton didnt do Jason Naismith any harm. I would accept though that Jack is more established as a first team player than Jason was back then. I think Jack will do great and will have the right attitude. Better to be playing competitive football and no harm in playing under a different manager. I will feel happier when Kirk actually signs though.

1 minute ago, magnus said:

A short term loan to Morton didnt do Jason Naismith any harm. I would accept though that Jack is more established as a first team player than Jason was back then. I think Jack will do great and will have the right attitude. Better to be playing competitive football and no harm in playing under a different manager. I will feel happier when Kirk actually signs though.

FFS, can you imagine the meltdown if he didn't? :lol:

Bit out of the blue this one. Jack is a great competitor and wears his heart on his sleeve. Great attitude and ball winner, but falls a wee bit short with the ball at his feet. Hope he grows in confidence at Morton and gets the chance to develop his distribution. Wish him the best of luck and hope to see him back.

Looks like Goodwin is "putting his mark on the team"

Baird sent to Greenock, and McGinn sat in the stand.

Oddly enough, similar to what Alex Rae did to freeze Goodwin out when he took over.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Baird playing for us again.

15 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Looks like Goodwin is "putting his mark on the team"

Baird sent to Greenock, and McGinn sat in the stand.

Oddly enough, similar to what Alex Rae did to freeze Goodwin out when he took over.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Baird playing for us again.

11 minutes ago, billyg said:

Agreed , he’s a steady championship player , but as far as the Premiership is concerned , I think that ship has sailed .

Sadly agree also. Been a servant to the club for a good few years but SP is a step too far for him. The cruel nature is he was often shown out of his depth in the a championship as well. 

Who knows though, still relatively young & might continue to develop in the championship but I don’t see it.