Football On The Telly

shull

I know, I know.... it’s my job, but...

It was just a wee typo...  and also... more than enough of you were piling on at the time.

I HAD noticed it.

i also noticed that there’s an awfy good 1500m runner, surname of Kerr, from scotchland, through to Saturday night’s round of that event in Doha. (And a couple of other Jocks, too).  :)

4 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Pity it was my from my grans side of the family that I get my athleticism from. emoji6.png

http://www.anentscottishrunning.com/robert-mitchell/

That’s a great link.  Thank you VERY much.

I’ve now been down that rabbit hole and wandered round - after reading the link.  Good writing.  Lots more to see.  :]

Some runner (and - ahem - gambler) Mr Mitchell...

2:0.4 in July 1890 for the half mile!  Wow.  BIG WOW!

and that was probably on a cinder track.  Just imagine what he could have on that Doha one.

ps. Three ‘Scots’ runners through last night in the 1500m

Neil Gourley, Jake Wightman and Josh Kerr.  All looked confident and strong.

V. Impressive.  :)

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

I've got his SAAA Championship medal, will post a picture of it later on the thread.

Had got info previously that he had represented St Mirren, and I took that as he'd played football but this information explains it. Including the betting scandal. emoji44.png

Going by that report, I’d also think he would have been making an income from his running.  They were all paid to travel far and wide to events just to bump up the crowds.  Perfectly fair and reasonable.

My income from my (ahem) career in running was mostly tatty t shirts and daft mugs....

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...