Mugabe's Deid part 2

faraway saint

An outsiders view.

He was a very senior Tribal Leader in East and Southern Africa. He carried out enforced transfers of land from white to black farmers. Both of these ensured the non intervention of neighbouring countries in his domestic affairs.

Not untypical of other emerging, newly independent countries. Nor was he untypical of their leaders in hanging on to power and the methods used. 

A number of my zimbabwian friends and contacts will not be sad to see him go, others won't be so sure. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

An outsiders view.

He was a very senior Tribal Leader in East and Southern Africa. He carried out enforced transfers of land from white to black farmers. Both of these ensured the non intervention of neighbouring countries in his domestic affairs.

Not untypical of other emerging, newly independent countries. Nor was he untypical of their leaders in hanging on to power and the methods used. 

A number of my zimbabwian friends and contacts will not be sad to see him go, others won't be so sure. 

As you said on another thread , UDi by Smith let the door open for Mugabe and it was Harold Wilson who let Smith get away with it . .

8 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

As you said on another thread , UDi by Smith let the door open for Mugabe and it was Harold Wilson who let Smith get away with it . .

Absolutely. Smith led an oppressive regime until then giving way to Mugabe. Not surprising that there was then a severe reaction by the black majority. 

Absolutely. Smith led an oppressive regime until then giving way to Mugabe. Not surprising that there was then a severe reaction by the black majority. 

You'll probably remember Smith met Wilson aboard a Royal Navy vessel ( effectively "British soil") and should have has him arrested for treason instead of letting him return to Rhodesia.  

5 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

You'll probably remember Smith met Wilson aboard a Royal Navy vessel ( effectively "British soil") and should have has him arrested for treason instead of letting him return to Rhodesia.  

I do recall. By then Britain was happy to divest itself of commonwealth countries. So.. I guess that this, in some way, suited our agenda. They were more worried at the time about communist activity in Africa than white supremacists. 

I do recall. By then Britain was happy to divest itself of commonwealth countries. So.. I guess that this, in some way, suited our agenda. They were more worried at the time about communist activity in Africa than white supremacists. 

And in the end , they got an extreme Marxist regime anyway. .

11 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

I believe Mugabe was that much of a C**t he deserves a place on both threads.
South Africa seems to be going the same way WRT the white farmers.

Indeed, all the smoke and mirrors surrounding him don't hide the fact he was an utter cnut.

Hid reign of terror, and greed, lasted such a long time tens of thousands were living in fear and these scars will never leave them.

If there is a bad fire I hope he's burnt to a frazzle.