Club Captain?

Kemp

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Man for man we are better than last season. Had we won or drawn today (only taken away in the last seconds and would be 3 positions higher in the league. You are right though that heads to head with our closest competitors need to show improved results. 

Are we?

Last season's team went on a great run that made us comfortably 11th. 

There is nothing to suggest the current team can do the same, despite buying quality and lots of money on long term deals. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Are we?

There is nothing to suggest the current team can do the same, despite buying quality and lots of money on long term deals. 

Says the man who started the thread Oran must go. Your opinion is clearly faulty and should be ignored. 

48 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Look at state of u...on here checking all the time...do u not have a television sad-act? At least im nightshift..ur setting alarm to check this site...sad-act!

Hilarious you are not. You are right up there with the biggest moaners on the forum but lack the very occasional wit of the other candidates. 

On 9/14/2019 at 11:27 PM, St.Ricky said:

Man for man we are better than last season. Had we won or drawn today (only taken away in the last seconds and would be 3 positions higher in the league. You are right though that heads to head with our closest competitors need to show improved results. 

I think we do have a better squad and a better starting 11 than last season.  

That being said - they still need to make it work. The pressure is on for them to gel and start working as a team and getting results.

The longer it takes, the more pressure will come and confidence will drain. 

3 points on Saturday would help and I reckon we'll get them. That would set us up nicely for another home game the following week against Hearts. 

On 9/14/2019 at 11:32 PM, faraway saint said:

Are we?

I'd counter that as until we did go on that run there was nothing to suggest that the team were capable of it. 

I think we were very fortunate with some of those results, sendings off going in our favour, last minute goals, etc. and coming up against a number of teams that had nothing to play for at that stage of the season. 

23 minutes ago, Maboza said:

That being said - they still need to make it work. The pressure is on for them to gel and start working as a team and getting results.

3 points on Saturday would help and I reckon we'll get them. That would set us up nicely for another home game the following week against Hearts. 

I'd counter that as until we did go on that run there was nothing to suggest that the team were capable of it. 

I think we were very fortunate with some of those results, sendings off going in our favour, last minute goals, etc. and coming up against a number of teams that had nothing to play for at that stage of the season. 

C'mon you cant be serious with that last paragraph! Ffs last minute goals are the stuff dreams are made of!

Kearney's team went from losing 7/8 on the trot, to unbeaten in last what was it eight? Games. That is what kept us up, that and Hldaky and Dun utd penalty takers.

29 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I agree 100%, my term "comfortably 11th" was a tad sarcastic as the run we went on, according to some, had us top 4 team, or some other shit, used to take the previous manager to almost god like status.

As for this crop, jury's still out, although, again, plenty were salivating when we signed any player who most had never heard of, but were great on a You Tube compilation. 

24 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

C'mon you cant be serious with that last paragraph! Ffs last minute goals are the stuff dreams are made of!

Kearney's team went from losing 7/8 on the trot, to unbeaten in last what was it eight? Games. That is what kept us up, that and Hldaky and Dun utd penalty takers.

And OK has kept that run going into this season- 2nd top and undefeated in the league. 

On 9/13/2019 at 11:52 PM, lenziebud said:

So who are we going to drop in midfield for McGinn ??

Good question to ask, but we are neither creative enough nor supportive enough going forwards from the midfield over the last 2 games.

Foley is a good holding player, Flynn is different and a real worker. Magennis and McAllister are potential match winners but can be lacking with their defensive duties.

The answer is it depends on the opposition and how the manager wants us to play?

Could McGinn play Foley's recent role and let him push on a bit? (That might mean playing 3 in the middle and say dropping McAllister to the bench)

An other option is dropping Morais or Obika - they are not playing great together or getting much service currently.

I'd like to see  Durmus (out wide),    Magennis, Flynn or McGinn,  McAllister (across the middle) with Foley in behind or pushing on at times and Magennis doing similarly. Obika or Morais in the middle. Andreu is a replacement for Durmus, McAllister or Magennis. But whatever formation, we need to break more quickly and stretch the opposition out of their formations better..

33 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Good question to ask, but we are neither creative enough nor supportive enough going forwards from the midfield over the last 2 games.

Foley is a good holding player, Flynn is different and a real worker. Magennis and McAllister are potential match winners but can be lacking with their defensive duties.

The answer is it depends on the opposition and how the manager wants us to play?

Could McGinn play Foley's recent role and let him push on a bit? (That might mean playing 3 in the middle and say dropping McAllister to the bench)

An other option is dropping Morais or Obika - they are not playing great together or getting much service currently.

I'd like to see  Durmus (out wide),    Magennis, Flynn or McGinn,  McAllister (across the middle) with Foley in behind or pushing on at times and Magennis doing similarly. Obika or Morais in the middle. Andreu is a replacement for Durmus, McAllister or Magennis. But whatever formation, we need to break more quickly and stretch the opposition out of their formations better..

That last paragraph hurt my head

37 minutes ago, mattman said:

That last paragraph hurt my head

Sorry about that - I do admit it is not the best way of expressing it, but suspect you and others know what I meant. Do you disagree with my conclusion - i.e. we need to break more quickly and stretch the opposition out of their formations better..  Or don't you like the fact that I think we have a number of options?

I suspect that you are NOT a walloper like the smokie twat!

Sorry about that - I do admit it is not the best way of expressing it, but suspect you and others know what I meant. Do you disagree with my conclusion - i.e. we need to break more quickly and stretch the opposition out of their formations better..  Or don't you like the fact that I think we have a number of options?
I suspect Goodie himself will not only agree with your conclusion, but have been preaching it for weeks.

I reckon it will be the focus of training, although work on the defence might take precedence for a while.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I agree with your point it was just hard to understand the last bit 😂 felt like we where playing with 8 in midfield 🤣 not getting involved in tit for tat battles on here it’s not worth the time 😂

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I agree 100%, my term "comfortably 11th" was a tad sarcastic as the run we went on, according to some, had us top 4 team, or some other shit, used to take the previous manager to almost god like status.

As for this crop, jury's still out, although, again, plenty were salivating when we signed any player who most had never heard of, but were great on a You Tube compilation. 

Kearny must go thread starter strikes again