Danny Mullen

Kemp

Danny Mullen is a proven goal scorer. He is a better player than Andreu, Obika and Morias combined.

If it wasn't for Mullen's goals at the end of last season we would have been relegated.

Why is he not starting every week?

I think Goodwin is trying a bit hard to put his mark on the team. Get McGinn and Mullen back on the pitch as of next week!

going by the wee compilation reels, Morias looked to have some pace.  Unfortunately he seems to be carrying some extra baggage.

Hopefully, he will sharpen up and speed up with a few weeks more training.  We definitely need him to be better and for Obika to dominate more..

In honesty, this team needs to try and get more set-piece opportunities as the only good option from open play seems to be the shots from the likes of McGennis.

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Danny Mullen is a proven goal scorer. He is a better player than Andreu, Obika and Morias combined.

If it wasn't for Mullen's goals at the end of last season we would have been relegated.

I think Goodwin is trying a bit hard to put his mark on the team. Get McGinn and Mullen back on the pitch as of next week!

Proven goal scorer🤣🤣🤣🤣🍌🍌🍌🍌

Danny's a hard worker and gives his all for the team but I'd hardly class him as a proven goal scorer.

5 league goals last season compared to Simeon Jackson who arrived in September and scored six goals before the end of the season.

Hard to see where goals are going to come from this season as both our main strikers (Morias & Obika) have had poor starts and don't seem to offer much up front.

1 minute ago, NB18 said:

Danny's a hard worker and gives his all for the team but I'd hardly class him as a proven goal scorer.

5 league goals last season compared to Simeon Jackson who arrived in September and scored six goals before the end of the season.

Hard to see where goals are going to come from this season as both our main strikers (Morias & Obika) have had poor starts and don't seem to offer much up front.

In fairness. They didn't do a preseason with us and might yet be catching up on sharpness. I still think that the supply to them has been lacking. 

50 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

In fairness. They didn't do a preseason with us and might yet be catching up on sharpness. I still think that the supply to them has been lacking. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 utter tripe sad-act...with or without pre-season a blind man can see they no-where near standard required!

2 hours ago, NB18 said:

Mullen was signed because he is a goalscorer. 33 goals from 87 starts at Livingston. 

Last season we were a shambles other than the final 10 games, Mullen scored 4 important goals in a team set up to play defensively / negatively. 

He will score goals if on the park and given good service. After the way he ended last season I was really looking forward to seeing him this year. Very frustrating to see him on the bench while Obika and Morias miss chance after chance.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Mullen was signed because he is a goalscorer. 33 goals from 87 starts at Livingston. 

Last season we were a shambles other than the final 10 games, Mullen scored 4 important goals in a team set up to play defensively / negatively. 

He will score goals if on the park and given good service. After the way he ended last season I was really looking forward to seeing him this year. Very frustrating to see him on the bench while Obika and Morias miss chance after chance.

Proven goal scorer at League 1 level surely?

From 2012-18 he scored 33 goals (in 5 seasons) in 141 appearances.

He had 10 goals from 33 league appearances when in the Champinship with Livi in 2015-5, and followed that up with 1 league goal from 19 league appearances the following season. When he dropped down to League 1 he scored 14 league goals in 32 games. The following season when he joined us midway through the season he scored 0 league goals when we won the Championship and 4 league goals with Livi before joining us on loan and then signing in January. 

Some season in the Championship Gary MacKenzie will have scored more goals than Danny 'Proven Goalscorer' Mullen.

The bottom line here is we are seriously lacking goals form the team not just the forwards. WE need goals from all around the team, service needs to be better we need more pace in the team. Maybe start with both McAllister and Dumus on either side the forwards dont fill me with alot of confidence but service is needed and others need to step up with goals as well. 

3 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

The bottom line here is we are seriously lacking goals form the team not just the forwards. WE need goals from all around the team, service needs to be better we need more pace in the team. Maybe start with both McAllister and Dumus on either side the forwards dont fill me with alot of confidence but service is needed and others need to step up with goals as well. 

Good analysis in my opinion. 

12 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

I have a feeling with our attacking options in midfield we will see more chances converted in these positions. Tony Andreu if starting or at least having some involvement in a game, could easily see him bag at least 10 goals this season. I'm quite confident of that. 

I still think it's still early days for our front pairing at the moment to judge character. That Obika goal on Saturday was clearly onside.