Danny Mullen

Kemp

1 hour ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

They blew everyone out the water with there signing on fee and wage over the course of his contract. The American owner in there is throwing money at DUFC and Neilson to get up. Reputedly 600k thats a lot on a big hope he started like train this season but still only joint top of their league.

So Shankland is the highest paid player in Scotland at £600k??? Ffs man get a grip £11.5k a week aye yir maw.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So Shankland is the highest paid player in Scotland at £600k??? Ffs man get a grip £11.5k a week aye yir maw.

If you actually read the post its Reputedly 600k over his contract and signing on so do the math how the hell is that 11.5k a week try your abacus again before the attempted smart pants retort. And as you maybe read its Reputedly did i say i knew it was 

What did we pay for Kyle ? First I've seen mention of anything big and Shankland is equally unproven at our level. Our strikers may yet score the half dozen or so a season that will mark them as pretty much SPFL standard.

Where has he shown he’s capable at this level?

On 9/16/2019 at 1:01 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

So let me get this straight.

We have a thread going telling us that the DoF failed because we didn’t get the 2 strikers we signed in in time for the League Cup.

And now we have another one calling for them both to be dropped in favour of a striker who did play in the League Cup.

You couldn’t make it up. emoji1.png

default_1eye.gif

Just as well you don't have to. 

On 9/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, Kemp said:
On 9/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Kemp says half a dozen posts back that Morais and Obika have been missing chance after chance yet here we have someone else watching the same games saying they have hardly had a shot . I personally tend to agree more with Santaponsa, I don't recall either getting too many chances possibly one each a game at most which is awful service to be judging strikers on.

I include Andreu in the places that Mullen could take. Aberdeen (multiple times), Rangers & Livingston games all had excellent chances created that Mullen would have put in the net. Actually, I would have put them in the net - some of these were tap ins really.

Our playing style obviously isn't shoot on sight. We are trying to work the ball in to good positions in the box. It is not true to state big chances haven't been created, we would have several more points on the board had Mullen been on the pitch to put away those chances.

That may well be true, re Mullen, however the only way the new strikers are going to gel is to play them and give them the chance, frustrating? yes it is but we need to persevere, I think Obika physically looks to be a handful and Morais is a dynamo who I feel could come right.  Is it a gamble? yes of course we are st mirren, what do you expect.

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
On 9/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Point i was making is that even if they were playing to the maximum level of expected non OF goals last season after 5 games they would be averaging 1 at most. Anyone expecting us to unearth a striker at this level who is going to score every 3 or 4 games is living in cloud cuckoo land. They are rare as hens teeth !

So we paid a lot to sign a perennially injured McAllister.... when we could have got Shankland for free! Right there is your regular scorer capable at this level.

I d. w... y.. w.... g. f... a d... a.. l.... t.. r... o. u. i. p....

work out what that means and gie us aw a break

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
9 hours ago, ged62 said:

Where has he shown he’s capable at this level?

At the level, and the success our current strikers play at, Shankland is a stick on to score. He isnt a simple poacher, he makes goals for himself. Something we dont have. Are you suggesting he couldn't cut it with us at the Bottom end of the premiership?

Quite clearly Shankland himself doubts his ability otherwise why would he turn down offers from a premier club?   I dont; indeed can't deny he is scoring goals.............but why in the championship...............down to the lad himself...............surely?

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
10 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Lets see how many he has come May

Agree - that is when the totals are finalised. I do think both Obika and Morais will get into the goals, but not sure if they will pass Ross.

I think he did us more damage on Saturday than the other two did combined - but it was only one game...

We need to let the 'Ross thing go' sometimes you call it right ...........and sometimes ...........NOT.

11 hours ago, jaybee said:

Quite clearly Shankland himself doubts his ability otherwise why would he turn down offers from a premier club?   I dont; indeed can't deny he is scoring goals.............but why in the championship...............down to the lad himself...............surely?

Which clubs do you know in the premiership that Shankland has turned down? Were you copied in on their offers to his agent?

so lets suppose one or more did, if Dun Utd offered him the best deal, and he believes he'll get promoted with them, isnt that possibly the best option for him? Coming into the league as championship winner.

its funny how many people discard some players who have/ are doing well in the championship when our club are that level at best just now... and taking into account we cant see off non league clubs..! Get real, think our side could top the championship right now?

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Which clubs do you know in the premiership that Shankland has turned down? (2)  Were you copied in on their offers to his agent?  Yes.

so lets suppose one or more did, if Dun Utd offered him the best deal, and he believes he'll get promoted with them, isnt that possibly the best option for him? Coming into the league as championship winner.  In my opinion; no.

Quite clearly Shankland himself doubts his ability otherwise why would he turn down offers from a premier club?  also in my opinion

its funny how many people discard some players who have/ are doing well in the championship when our club are that level at best just now... and taking into account we cant see off non league clubs..! Get real, think our side could top the championship right now?

These are my opinions...........just as the stuff you write is NOT your opinion but contentious simply for the sake of being contentious........of course that also is simply my opinion.

28 minutes ago, jaybee said:

These are my opinions...........just as the stuff you write is NOT your opinion but contentious simply for the sake of being contentious........of course that also is simply my opinion.

You're Competing with Baz now for the award of most Ludicrous post of the millennium. Pray tell do all registered agents run the clients contract offers past you? Lol...

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

You're Competing with Baz now for the award of most Ludicrous post of the millennium. Pray tell do all registered agents run the clients contract offers past you? Lol...

Am I? surely you must be in there somewhere; I mean all that bullsh*t you post cannot really be in vain, can it? and sorry I don't kiss and tell Lelol  let's just say it came from the horses mouth.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
7 hours ago, jaybee said:

Am I? surely you must be in there somewhere; I mean all that bullsh*t you post cannot really be in vain, can it? and sorry I don't kiss and tell Lelol  let's just say it came from the horses mouth arse.

Fify

You and your garrulous friend frae abroaf need to get together; his favourite is somewhat more abbreviated than your expanded version; being simply ffs, but I am sure you could have a wonderful conversation.

Edited by jaybee
can't punctuate

40 minutes ago, jaybee said:

You and your garrulous friend frae abroaf need to get together; his favourite is somewhat more abbreviated than your expanded version; being simply ffs, but I am sure you could have a wonderful conversation.

Exchanging FFS and FIFY and Emojis would fill their days happily. I may be wrong (often am) but both seem to be Brighter than they Act and seem to Dumb down to what they (mistakenly) think the average fan is like.