Danny Mullen

Kemp

On 9/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, Sweeper07 said:

At the time we let him go, he was not mature enough for the Premiership. He knew he would not be played regularly and we got offered money for him - it was a decision the club made for the right reasons at the time.

Is he a better player now - for sure. He has scored 3 goals in 5 League games so far. That equals our total over the same period.

I like Danny Mullen and I think Obika and Morais will score a few over the season (though I suspect neither will be prolific), but suspect Ross will score more... whether we could have re-signed him during the summer is unlikely - my point was not whether we should have let him go - simply that he is doing what we need from our strikers in this league... (Someone was talking about how hard it was to get a 10 goal plus striker these days - Ross already has 10 including the cup games...)

So we should re sign him when his contract is up, before Well or the Fakes or a n other do . . .

As for Shankland - was totally ineffective against Ayr last week who whipped Utd - joy and celebrations . . . the jury is still out on him at this level....  :magic

Aye, usual brainless post, one game. :lol:

He's now scored 12 goals this season, and we're not out of September. :byebye

On 9/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, paisleysaint1973 said:

No one knows what we paid to get McAllister back. Shankland was not for free DUFC are paying him a hefty wedge the American owners up there are throwing money at it to get back up. And as much as i would liked to have him back the money mooted is just silly money 

I think the point about Shankland is that we had him on loan twice and Jack Ross punted him to bring in Rory Loy.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, usual brainless post, one game. :lol:

He's now scored 12 goals this season, and we're not out of September. :byebye

You anger has blinded your text - I clearly said at Premiership level - the fact is he was useless last week and managed 2 goals against the mighty Arbroath - well fabby do you dumpling . . . 🤡

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Should be Danny Mullen's turn next week.

A point regarding Ross Stewart - County (Goals - F8 A9) seem to be playing more open football than us (Goals - F3 A6) maybe that is a factor.

TBH we're that poor it could be your turn. :wink:

As for Ross County, how is it possible they are playing more open football, we've signed quality, should be able to beat the last 3 diddy teams, shouldn't they? :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Should be Danny Mullen's turn next week.

A point regarding Ross Stewart - County (Goals - F8 A9) seem to be playing more open football than us (Goals - F3 A6) maybe that is a factor.

Definitely an argument there that Danny gets a start and might well as JG used all three available striker's. We played some great football in the first half yesterday without getting a breakthrough. Second half we played more cross field passes. I guess looking for holes in the Hamilton defence. There were none. 

If Morais and Obika aren’t doing anything then maybe Danny deserves his chance.

It does concern me though that some are desperate for him to start over the other two - doesn’t say much for Morais and Obika if fans want Mullen (8 goals in 22 months) on the pitch to sort our striker problem.

Disagree. Danny is decent but falls over all too easily. Always looking for the foul rather than the goal which, to me, looks like a player void of confidence in his own ability to score..unfortunately, great strikers are few and far between and not likely to be found at St. Mirren. And if so, not likely to remain there for long..stick with obika..if nothing else, W7 song is great...on that subject, why did W7 walkout out in first half for last week [emoji848]

Danny Mullen is a proven goal scorer. He is a better player than Andreu, Obika and Morias combined.
If it wasn't for Mullen's goals at the end of last season we would have been relegated.
Why is he not starting every week?
I think Goodwin is trying a bit hard to put his mark on the team. Get McGinn and Mullen back on the pitch as of next week!

Fair play to wee Danny today. 

Came on a did the basics well. That was more than could be said for Morias - albeit that Mullen had Obika for company so wasn’t as isolated. 

I think Danny has shown the last couple of sub appearances that he maybe should be starting ahead of Morias but whether he should be starting ahead of Obika as a lone striker is a different question.