We can finish the season in the top 6

dr rotund

I know many will doubt this is possible but i think we are one win away from going on a run. Wins breed confidence and i think as the team get used to each other as the season progresses, we'll see more points on board. I've not seen anything to be scared of so far and with a little bit of luck we'd have more points on board. The more the new players play together, the better they'll gel and we'll start to climb the table.

17 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

I know many will doubt this is possible but i think we are one win away from going on a run. Wins breed confidence and i think as the team get used to each other as the season progresses, we'll see more points on board. I've not seen anything to be scared of so far and with a little bit of luck we'd have more points on board. The more the new players play together, the better they'll gel and we'll start to climb the table.

:lol:

20 minutes ago, dr rotund said:

Don't disagree. Games so far have been close and. In most of them could have gone in our favour or at least a draw. 

I think our chance of being top 6 are (a) None  (b) So slim they equate to none.

I know it is early days too. But Waters and McLoughlin are a lot worse than Muzek and Popescu. I even believe Baird is better either at RB with McGinn LB,  or playing at CB...

Midfield, and defence recently have not been providing many chances or breaking to attack very swiftly - Hence, the strikers have been starving. They need to get off the mark soon.

In the last 2 games Magennis scored a goal he made virtually himself and he also pushed on and took 2 shots which hit the woodwork. Andreu's goal was a keeper error. Other than that it is not great is it?

The fast attacking with Durmus needs to return, along with Magennis, Andreu, Foley, McAllister, P. McGinn support when we attack..(depending on who is playing)

We really need to get in front and add at least one more to build some platform on Saturday - Hope we manage it... Most of the players can play 20% better than they have recently...  Get the Old Captain onto the bench...:ninja

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think our chance of being top 6 are (a) None  (b) So slim they equate to none.

I know it is early days too. But Waters and McLoughlin are a lot worse than Muzek and Popescu. I even believe Baird is better either at RB with McGinn LB,  or playing at CB...

Midfield, and defence recently have not been providing many chances or breaking to attack very swiftly - Hence, the strikers have been starving. They need to get off the mark soon.

In the last 2 games Magennis scored a goal he made virtually himself and he also pushed on and took 2 shots which hit the woodwork. Andreu's goal was a keeper error. Other than that it is not great is it?

The fast attacking with Durmus needs to return, along with Magennis, Andreu, Foley, McAllister, P. McGinn support when we attack..(depending on who is playing)

We really need to get in front and add at least one more to build some platform on Saturday - Hope we manage it... Most of the players can play 20% better than they have recently...  Get the Old Captain onto the bench...:ninja

I'm going to wait and see how our next 2 games go before i write it off completely.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm going to wait and see how our next 2 games go before i write it off completely.

That's fair enough. We may well go on a run, but RC should have been a safe 3 points or at worst 1.

I think our realistic target is 7th - 10th. Any of these is better than last year and with some more players in place already for next season that is in part progress.

Would love us to be higher, I just would be pleasantly surprised if we managed it. :turtle

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Them damn pessimistic bookies........................

image.png.494c45ff782adfb56a16db1b37fb17d8.png

Same bookies who had us dead and buried in Jack Ross's first season and even last season. I'll wait a few more games before conceding that there will be yet another relegation battle. I think Jim has brought in good players who will get better with more games, time will tell.

8 hours ago, Hands of stone said:

Saints have hardly had a shot at goal in 5 games, deluded is more like it. Need to start scoring goals first and by doing that need to make chances. 

Lot's of new players still getting to know each others game, it would be great if it all clicked at once but sometimes it doesn't....it didn't happen right away for Ross or Kearney.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Same bookies who had us dead and buried in Jack Ross's first season and even last season. I'll wait a few more games before conceding that there will be yet another relegation battle. I think Jim has brought in good players who will get better with more games, time will tell.

Aye, sure if they had us a favourites for the drop and we managed 11th, not too far away.

This thread :lol: has people talking about top 6, well, I'll refrain. :hammer

Just now, faraway saint said:

Aye, sure if they had us a favourites for the drop and we managed 11th, not too far away.

This thread :lol: has people talking about top 6, well, I'll refrain. :hammer

The difference is this season we got our players in at the start of the season, not saying we'll definitely reach top 6 but it's a bit early to say we;ll finish 11th or 12th. 

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

The difference is this season we got our players in at the start of the season, not saying we'll definitely reach top 6 but it's a bit early to say we;ll finish 11th or 12th. 

You're making an assumption these players are good, and we didn't get them at the start of the season. :1eye

Ok, let me rephrase it, there's no fecking chance we will be top 6. :wink:

There's more of a chance we can go down. 

How's that? :byebye

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're making an assumption these players are good, and we didn't get them at the start of the season. :1eye

Ok, let me rephrase it, there's no fecking chance we will be top 6. :wink:

There's more of a chance we can go down. 

How's that? :byebye

I'm happy to accept that but equally i don't think we'll be in the bottom 2. We didn't buy them in January so that's a change from the last 2 seasons.:booty

6 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

Still early days to be writing off Goodwins team . Granted the team could do better but we still have time at the moment

I think that there is a better balance in the squad and that cover in most positions has improved. Whilst I wouldn't write off too six, finishing higher than last year will be a achievement and with players signed for longer than a year, give us a platform to build on. 

I read this thread 20 mins ago and I was going to reply then but alas I needed a poo.

Touching cloth I made my way to the bathroom, pondering our teams chances.  Sitting on the pan, defecation now in "full slip" I started to give this matter real thought.  With my sphincter loosened and the pleasant enlightment occuring my mind was cast over the strength and depth we have in each area of the squad.  With the pan now full I had already pondered my contentment in the goal keeping dept and I was through the full backs and centre halves also.  Wiping away I thought in detail about the midfield, the options, the dynamic (and how Sam Foley rhymes with big Toley).  All was going well until I stared into the defecate and paper filled pan, tugging lightly on the flush as I thought of the striking options and our apparent weakness in attack.  

Backside suitably wiped, hands washed (of course, Im not from Greenock), pantaloons and trousers back in place I shuffled my way back to the PC to join this pleasant conversation.

Anyway, the squad appears decent but after a terrific result vs Aberdeen, the team have been as rotten as the smell  in my cludgie for the next 5 minutes.  Personally I hope to see a lot more of Danny Mullen.

As usual we are being dissapointed, it really is the norm!