Don't buy the Sun

beyond our ken

I couldn't believe the reports that the Sun saw fit to pay a person NOT related to Ben Stokes who claimed to be a "family member" for a story about possibly the worst thing that could occur in a mother's life.

If you buy it, you are as bad as the scum who write it and i feel sorry for the working people who have to print it.  

In my opinion, every English cricket player would be justified in never appearing at an ECB press conference again and the ECB should be banning Newscorp from all future England games & events

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I couldn't believe the reports that the Sun saw fit to pay a person NOT related to Ben Stokes who claimed to be a "family member" for a story about possibly the worst thing that could occur in a mother's life.

If you buy it, you are as bad as the scum who write it and i feel sorry for the working people who have to print it.  

In my opinion, every English cricket player would be justified in never appearing at an ECB press conference again and the ECB should be banning Newscorp from all future England games & events

Seen this yesterday on the news and to give the news credit they didn't go into any detail.

I'm surprised anyone buys the Sun, even without this latest shameful story, it's 90% garbage.

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Seen this yesterday on the news and to give the news credit they didn't go into any detail.

I'm surprised anyone buys the Sun, even without this latest shameful story, it's 90% garbage.

Saw.. Saw this F Man. Don't buy the Sun, Don't buy the Times. 

Other news sources aren't much better once the story has broken (it doesn't even have to be a newspaper these days) then they're all able to condemn the original source then jump into the prurient details.

Similar situation with the Gavin Thomas HIV story with him saying today a journalist parents told his parents about it before he could.

I understand the Ben Stokes story was already in the public domain for those who cared to delve but I thought one of the outcomes of the Levinson enquiry was that newspapers would have to justify that a story was "in the public interest" rather than just one that "interested the public" or did that go by the wayside while I was arguing about whether us paying a transfer fee for Doug Imrie was a good decision? :zipit