The January 2020 Transfer Window

Sweeper07

Early doors for this, but we can begin to consider who might be away and what we need on this thread...

CB  -  Unless their is a marked improvement, I think McLoughlin will be away (loan not extended) and Baird will be back... though JG might punt him too..

A better LB needed too, unless Waters improves a lot...

Kellerman and Cooke should be back fit - will the former be away on loan and the later be back playing again for us?

Will we manage to persuade Hladky to sign a contract extension??????

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Early doors for this, but we can begin to consider who might be away and what we need on this thread...

CB  -  Unless their is a marked improvement, I think McLoughlin will be away (loan not extended) and Baird will be back... though JG might punt him too..

Kellerman and Cooke should be back fit - will the former be away on loan and the later be back playing again for us?

Starting at the back. I hope Hladky stays. As for centre backs, I think others are better judges than I am but would like to see how Broadfoot fits in with the plans and play before commiting. Full back. Cover in front of the full backs is critical for me so I'll also hold fire on that for now. Sadly though I think Jack Baird may not be back. I love his commitment and tackling. For Kellerman.. Loan deal and Cody Cooke to stay. One forward might go though.. Again unfortunately maybe Danny. 

9 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Goody was down in Cumbria last night watching Carlisle vs Forest Green.

Someone on Twitter suggested he was there watching ex Villa youngster Harry McKirdy who has 4 goals & 5 assists in 8 games for Carlisle.

Yeah like we could buy a player from Carlisle 🙄

Edited by insaintee

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Make a phone call.

Beggars belief that 5 games in and we have a January transfer thread already!

If I remember right we done the same earlier in the season and said we need 2 strikers :) look how that's turned out so far.

It doesn't matter how good your strikers are, if they do not get any service they won't get goals.

We need to build from the back, stop conceding goals is a start!

There is no way in the world Vladky will sign a new deal if we are struggling, why would he ? Would you ?

Kellerman has never been given a chance, if he's not going to get one get rid.

I'd like to see Cooke given a chance, if Ross Stewart can bang them in I see no reason why Cooke can't if given the service.

Let's see where we are come January! Let's be honest for stability we'd all take 10th Place now, personally I think we will avoid relegation & the play off's.

8 hours ago, GeordieBuddie said:

If I remember right we done the same earlier in the season and said we need 2 strikers :) look how that's turned out so far.

It doesn't matter how good your strikers are, if they do not get any service they won't get goals.

There is no way in the world Vladky will sign a new deal if we are struggling, why would he ? Would you ?

I'd like to see Cooke given a chance, if Ross Stewart can bang them in I see no reason why Cooke can't if given the service.

Let's see where we are come January! Let's be honest for stability we'd all take 10th Place now, personally I think we will avoid relegation & the play off's.

10th place would be an improvement on last season so that would be a decent target. More would be a bonus. 

Cooke showed character to fight his way into contention before injury so fair enough. I'd like to give the present squad time to gel before suggesting improvements in the way of moving players on or bringing new ones in. 

On 9/19/2019 at 9:25 AM, GeordieBuddie said:

JG said the minute this window was closed he would be planning for the January window. I know he is saying that he is happy with the squad, but the truth is he wants it to keep on improving. That can only happen by shuffling folks out and bringing new ones in.. it is an ever ending process.... :ninja

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

JG said the minute this window was closed he would be planning for the January window. I know he is saying that he is happy with the squad, but the truth is he wants it to keep on improving. That can only happen by shuffling folks out and bringing new ones in.. it is an ever ending process.... :ninja

😂

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I don't think anybody could disagree with this. Its what people have asked for.. Forward planning. 

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Wishlist

Mbappe

Messi

C.Ronaldo

Brazilian Ronaldo

Cannavaro

Robben

Jordi Alba

Will Grigg

Realistically

Some bloke from Dunfermline

John Rankin

Some guy Goody knows

A couple of guys who play in English League Two as benchwarmers

Garry Brady

Now this is funny. How many ciders have you had? 

When Goodie came in he claimed to have a list as long as his arm right . . .?  :bounce2

1. So most of these guys did not come to us during the last window . . . some, even 1 or 2 might be keener in the January window. (But maybes not if we are in the bottom 2 or 3)

2.I think there won't be the regular exodus this time though. So maybes 4 - 6 out/in rather than the 10-16 range.

3. Given that 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th choices might not want to sign for us, Goodie's list might still be as long as his arm . . . 💪

So Hoping Gus, Tony, Lee and Goodie are scouting regularly as the window opens in just under   13 and a 1/2 weeks time.... 🙌

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

When Goodie came in he claimed to have a list as long as his arm right . . .?  :bounce2

1. So most of these guys did not come to us during the last window . . . some, even 1 or 2 might be keener in the January window. (But maybes not if we are in the bottom 2 or 3)

2.I think there won't be the regular exodus this time though. So maybes 4 - 6 out/in rather than the 10-16 range.

3. Given that 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th choices might not want to sign for us, Goodie's list might still be as long as his arm . . . 💪

So Hoping Gus, Tony, Lee and Goodie are scouting regularly as the window opens in just under   13 and a 1/2 weeks time.... 🙌

Makes sense to me that we keep up the search to improve the squad. But also build a core that is in place over 2 years. A long contract these days. 

23 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Makes sense to me that we keep up the search to improve the squad. But also build a core that is in place over 2 years. A long contract these days. 

I think we need to find some top guys on the way up and have them on 4 year contracts. first year they get into the team a bit a first then claim a starting spot, next season they are stars and they either perform great a 3rd season and get sold or go after the 2nd season for big money with good sell on clauses

50 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think we need to find some top guys on the way up and have them on 4 year contracts. first year they get into the team a bit a first then claim a starting spot, next season they are stars and they either perform great a 3rd season and get sold or go after the 2nd season for big money with good sell on clauses

Sounds like a plan. 

• 1 month later...

Kellerman away

McLoughlin extend or away (not fully in our hands)

Baird return, loaned out or punted ?

Morais ?

Djorkaeff ?

Some of the younger guys out on loan a possibly too...

I still see about 4 spaces being made for new recruits... I know Cooke is returning to fitness, but another goal scorer surely has to be high on the agenda...

65 days till the window opens...