The January 2020 Transfer Window

Sweeper07

7 minutes ago, norman said:

Paul McGinn has played every game he's been fit and has played 3 positions well enough. Why do you think the manager doesn't see a future for him?

I think Buddie in EK has it pretty much right to be honest, though I can see Waters leaving if we get a capable replacement, especially with McGinn covering LB reasonably well. I also think Djork will stay. He's cheap cover for a couple of positions. We might mutual consent him if it's what he wants and someone else wants to sign him I suppose, but otherwise I think he'll stay.

I think he's talking about S McGinn. 

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

My prediction...

In...
Left back
Two centre halfs
Winger
Striker

Out...
McLaughlin
Djorkaev
S. McGinn
J. Baird

Spot on with the 'ins' from what Tony Fitz described pre-match yesterday,

Would not be surprised if adding to the outs, a couple go out on loan. Goody has said that he would prefer Erhahon to be developed in his natural position (defensive midfield), though as it stands, imo he is not going to force his way into the starting lineup, especially with MacPherson now staking a place. Development could be better served on loan elsewhere. May also send out a couple of other young fringe players to give them experience to push closer to the first team next season.

Djorkaeff is getting no game time in the first team and seems surplus to requirements imo.

Mullen? - If its true we are looking to recruit another striker, that would give us 5/6 first team options upfront (Mullen, Obika, Cooke, Morias + possibly Andreu). Mullen has fallen behind the mentioned. I'm a big fan of Dannys though he seems to be down the pecking order.

Spot on with the 'ins' from what Tony Fitz described pre-match yesterday,
Would not be surprised if adding to the outs, a couple go out on loan. Goody has said that he would prefer Erhahon to be developed in his natural position (defensive midfield), though as it stands, imo he is not going to force his way into the starting lineup, especially with MacPherson now staking a place. Development could be better served on loan elsewhere. May also send out a couple of other young fringe players to give them experience to push closer to the first team next season.
Djorkaeff is getting no game time in the first team and seems surplus to requirements imo.
Mullen? - If its true we are looking to recruit another striker, that would give us 5/6 first team options upfront (Mullen, Obika, Cooke, Morias + possibly Andreu). Mullen has fallen behind the mentioned. I'm a big fan of Dannys though he seems to be down the pecking order.

All sounds spot on to me sir.

McLoughlin definitely going . . .  tough as he has really come on to be one of our best/most reliable players - and in defence where we are down to the bare bones - and playing midfielders in their.

Baird back to stay and Popescu in bound - or an other !

Window opens tomorrow 

I knew there would be grumblings when this was announced and it didn't take long... Facebook is even more poisonous than the forum!

He's a young player still developing.

The gaffer obviously rates him.

That is good(ie) enough for me.

I do hope he will develop in the same way Dummett did tho, as I reckoned he was very poor for his first couple of months with us... No positional sense at all.

Worked out not too terrible in the end! [emoji12]

23 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I knew there would be grumblings when this was announced and it didn't take long... Facebook is even more poisonous than the forum!

I do hope he will develop in the same way Dummett did tho, as I reckoned he was very poor for his first couple of months with us... No positional sense at all.

Worked out not too terrible in the end! emoji12.png

As you said , still and developing.  

The experience of the first half of the season will hopefully help him. 

On 1/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Worked out not too terrible in the end! emoji12.png

Waters is a decent, competent footballer. His lack of height can be exploited, but we now have another player who can play left back who is much taller, so he could play there if it becomes an issue against certain teams.

Edited by Hendo

18 hours ago, Hendo said:

Waters is a decent, competent footballer. His lack of height can be exploited, but we now have another player who can play left back who is much taller, so he could play there if it becomes an issue against certain teams.

I think he has an excellent first touch. Not very tall, clearly and lightly built but he has picked up his share of bookings, so no softy. 

20 hours ago, Hendo said:

JG and Killie obviously see something in him. However, I am glad he is signed for them for another year when he goes back in the summer - I think we can do better and with the summer window, we will hopefully manage someone who is better all round . . .

I would love it if Famewo got in at LB and proved to be more constructive going forwards and a better all round defender... then Waters can be a back up, instead of us giving a Killie player more experience and development - I know Famewo is not ours either, but he is not a player from a team that we are in direct competition with . . .

To me he is steady (mostly) but unexciting otherwise . . .   

I'm not sure Norwich have sent this boy to play out of position at LB. Yes he has done it before but he is primarily a CB. From what I gather Goody like Waters and I expect him to be 1st choice LB whether people like that or not.

JG and Killie obviously see something in him. However, I am glad he is signed for them for another year when he goes back in the summer - I think we can do better and with the summer window, we will hopefully manage someone who is better all round . . .
I would love it if Famewo got in at LB and proved to be more constructive going forwards and a better all round defender... then Waters can be a back up, instead of us giving a Killie player more experience and development - I know Famewo is not ours either, but he is not a player from a team that we are in direct competition with . . .
To me he is steady (mostly) but unexciting otherwise . . .   [emoji460]

Famewo isn't going to play at LB unless in a pinch... he's a direct replacement of Mcloughlin in that he's our left sided centre half. Goodwin has already been on record as saying that Waters is staying as he didn't fancy further upsetting the left side of the defence even further with Famewo already in moving into that left side of centre half.