The January 2020 Transfer Window

Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

The difference is Killie and Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot may have been conversing 10 days ago however neither had been in touch before Wed with St Mirren  (kind of like the BoD and Kibble :) ) . That is why Jim said on national radio that he was so angry as the first St Mirren knew about it was a phone call, not from Killie but Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot, on the Wed leaving the club little time to do much about it.

But Killie are not allowed to be in touch with a contracted (18 months contracted) player without permission . . . 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I am certainly not challenging that. Wank Wank Broadfoot did what he thought was right for himself. My challenge is that St Mirren knew about it 10 days in advance. Goodwin was pushed about the 'strange transfer' at 10:45pm on the Fri night Sportsound. Goodwin said the Club was not aware of anything until that Wed morning phone call. I cannot see Goodwin lying in public about the timing. In fact he was becoming rather emotional about it and wanted to change the subject.

Maybes he thought it has been settled, we were not letting him go - then the tantrum about not trying a leg and sitting in the reserves on decent money came into play...

Maybes the initial approach was not to JG . . .

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Baird believed that he was coming back and frankly I thought that would be a wsie move, given that we were playing a midfielder and a FB at CB due to injuries and only having 3 CB's before the window. We did get away with it well, but was it not a bit risky? AND now we are in that same predicament - 3 recognised CB's . Personally I think it is worse this time as this is the part of the league where the prizes and relegation are handed out. We are now stuck with 3 or with bringing an out of contract CB in - I do hope it does not come back to bite us...

And it was only my opinion that Famewo would be 4th choice. Did anyone else expect him to be 1st or 2nd choice? Given that Gary is injured and our other CB has left - it is no surprise that Famewo has played in every game. Actually he is far better than I expected - my opinion of his ability to slot straight in was wrong - it does not mean I should be hung drawn and quartered for having a wrong opinion. You have posted things which did not happen either (e.g. "5 in and 3 more out tomorrow") :spud7

When Famewo signed on loan, did you honestly believe  he was going to play every game,  if you know who had been fully fit (and not left us) and Gary had been also ?

Baird didn’t believe he was coming back. You’re just making that up as well!

I believed that Famewo would be first choice centre back when he arrived and said so at the time.

He wasn’t coming up here to sit on the bench you buffoon!

He’s our only left sided central defender and with Mack perma crocked it was obvious he’d be first choice.

And surely you’d have known that if you’d been ITK.

But you’re not ITK. You’re a fantasist and everyone laughs at you! 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You keep harping on about this - do you believe JG only ever tells the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth ?

I have given a clear example of where he was being economical with the truth previously . . . .

Straight question YES or NO?  Before you answer that one, do YOU?   :bounce2

There’s a difference between lying and being economical with the truth. 

I am certainly not challenging that. Wank Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot did what he thought was right for himself. My challenge is that St Mirren knew about it 10 days in advance. Goodwin was pushed about the 'strange transfer' at 10:45pm on the Fri night Sportsound. Goodwin said the Club was not aware of anything until that Wed morning phone call. I cannot see Goodwin lying in public about the timing. In fact he was becoming rather emotional about it and wanted to change the subject.

Maybe the club should come out and say exactly what transpired?

The fact that hasn’t happened (that I’ve seen at least) seems a bit strange.

• Did Kilmarnock contact the club regarding Mr Wank Broadfoot’s availability?

• Did Kilmarnock pay a fee?

• Did Wank Broadfoot buy out his contract?

Ifs buts and maybes, but at the end of the day he wasn’t getting a game so no great loss IMO. We move onwards and hopefully upwards?

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

Maybe the club should come out and say exactly what transpired?

The fact that hasn’t happened (that I’ve seen at least) seems a bit strange.

• Did Kilmarnock contact the club regarding Mr Wank Wank Broadfoot’s availability?

• Did Kilmarnock pay a fee?

• Did Wank Wank Broadfoot buy out his contract?

At the end of the day does it all really matter.  He's history.  

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Maybe in your head - here is a definition on-line :-

economical with the truth

humorous

avoiding stating the true facts about a situation, or lying about it

What is it that you gain from pretending that you are ITK?

Oh and don't kid us on that you don't care that we don't believe you. None of us are buying that either Mr "I used to play football for a living". Apparently we're all meant to be impressed by this for some reason.

People hate a bullshitter almost as much as a boaster. That's why you are getting stick.

Edited by oaksoft

At the end of the day does it all really matter.  He's history.  

Not to me it doesn’t, as you say he’s history.
I made my comments based on,

1. Some suggested JG was being frugal with the truth.
3. There’s about three pages of he said she said, opinions and speculation.

Therefore, there is a lack of clarity (IMO) on the situation, so if the club had made a statement it would have put it to bed and allowed some forum members to move on and berate one another on another topic. [emoji4]

17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Baird believed that he was coming back and frankly I thought that would be a wsie move 

I'll just stop you right there. 

No he didn't. He still didn't know what was happening as soon as 4 days before he was due to come back (after you'd initially said he was coming back).

He knew he had one more game for Morton at that point and didn't know where he'd be for Scottish Cup match. 

26 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Not to me it doesn’t, as you say he’s history.
I made my comments based on,

1. Some suggested JG was being frugal with the truth.
3. There’s about three pages of he said she said, opinions and speculation.

Therefore, there is a lack of clarity (IMO) on the situation, so if the club had made a statement it would have put it to bed and allowed some forum members to move on and berate one another on another topic. emoji4.png

Accurate history is rarely written close to an event. My take was and is that the whole thing stinks. Killie don't come out of it well. Tapping. Wank Broadfoot doesn't come out of it well. Rat/sinking ship? Saints / JG doesn't come out of it well. Losing two, arguably, first choice experienced defenders close to the end of the window doesn't look good. But history it is.. Wank Broadfoot has gone. McGinn has gone. We move on. 

2 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Except that neither were first choice. They were both on the bench before they left.

And we signed 3 defenders during the transfer window to replace them.

Looks good to me. 

Well... John McGinn had been in terrific form. A first pick. Wank Broadfoot was a first pick until his injury. 

As for their replacements. I'm cool with them. 

26 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well... John McGinn had been in terrific form. A first pick. Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot was a first pick until his injury. 

As for their replacements. I'm cool with them. 

John McGinn plays for Aston Villa.

Paul McGinn was on the bench before he left. Flynn had replaced him at right back.

The fact that Wank Wank Broadfoot was previously first pick before injury is irrelevant. We signed 2 new centre backs and they were now first picks with Kirk on the bench.

These are the indisputable facts. You were wrong. 

Edited by Hiram Abiff

I know I posted stuff that folk then went on various rants with...

That was not my intension, but everyone is entitle to spout their thoughts on a forum.

I personally was not trying to have a go at JG or the BOD or for that matter any of the players, past or present. OR seek any kind of acclamation.

Actually, my opinion is we lost a near 36 year old who wanted to be elsewhere and was no doubt on big wages for us. It looks like not only do we save on his big wages, but we also got his signing on fee back. He was injured too much for us and although a good player, other than us now only having 3 first team CB's yet again, overall I think we are better off without him. We still might pick up a cheaper replacement...

Secondly Paul is in  a similar category for me. He has been a great servant here but was clearly going away in the summer. We have replaced him with Hodson, who is also versatile (can cover FB) and we got a fee for him now rather than nothing come the summer.

We have new guys in and there ought to be a positive buzz - the BOD and Management team have done what they have even with things being thrown in that were not in their own planning...

Now we just need to kick on. Passing Killie and Hibs would be phenomenal - even if a bit unlikely - we can hope and if we start banging in the goals, may just be a possibility...

C O Y S