The January 2020 Transfer Window

Sweeper07

49 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know I posted stuff that folk then went on various rants with...

That was not my intension, but everyone is entitle to spout their thoughts on a forum.

I personally was not trying to have a go at JG or the BOD or for that matter any of the players, past or present. OR seek any kind of acclamation.

Actually, my opinion is we lost a near 36 year old who wanted to be elsewhere and was no doubt on big wages for us. It looks like not only do we save on his big wages, but we also got his signing on fee back. He was injured too much for us and although a good player, other than us now only having 3 first team CB's yet again, overall I think we are better off without him. We still might pick up a cheaper replacement...

Secondly Paul is in  a similar category for me. He has been a great servant here but was clearly going away in the summer. We have replaced him with Hodson, who is also versatile (can cover FB) and we got a fee for him now rather than nothing come the summer.

We have new guys in and there ought to be a positive buzz - the BOD and Management team have done what they have even with things being thrown in that were not in their own planning...

Now we just need to kick on. Passing Killie and Hibs would be phenomenal - even if a bit unlikely - we can hope and if we start banging in the goals, may just be a possibility...

C O Y S

Never mind all that shite, any inside info? 😉

17 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

But you knew Gary was injured and you apparently knew that Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot was on his way. Why did you think Famewo would be 4th choice out of 3?

Not even Broad_foot knew he was going back to Ayrshire when we signed Famewo, I made the comment when Famewo was just signed and not many of us had a clue whether he would be any good or not!  :bounce2   So did you think he would be a 1st or 2nd choice CB for us when he arrived ? 

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not even Broad_foot knew he was going back to Ayrshire when we signed Famewo, I made the comment when Famewo was just signed and not many of us had a clue whether he would be any good or not!  :bounce2   So did you think he would be a 1st or 2nd choice CB for us when he arrived ? 

Thank goodness the management did.

2 hours ago, pod said:

Thank goodness the management did.

agreed . . .   but there is an element of chance with every player . . . some don't settle away from home, some don't take to team mates, some pick up injuries.

Last night was Famewo's best game for us to date - he is a player !

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

agreed . . .   but there is an element of chance with every player . . . some don't settle away from home, some don't take to team mates, some pick up injuries.

Last night was Famewo's best game for us to date - he is a player !

Totally agree. Famewo looked fitter last night and is now getting up to game speed. We have two excellant young centre halfs. 

27 minutes ago, Taylor Edgar said:

I reckon we need to get at least 2 free agents a right back and central midfielder as we only have foley, macpherson and hodson for those positions now with an always injured 
Stephen McGinn

In fairness, we played him several times through injury. So has probably never had time to fully recover.  

1 hour ago, Taylor Edgar said:

I reckon we need to get at least 2 free agents a right back and central midfielder as we only have foley, macpherson and hodson for those positions now with an always injured s
Stephen McGinn

Mostly in agreement. Not sure when Stephen of Big Mac will be back and fully fit. Stephen soldiered onwards when others might have taken a break. 

3 hours ago, Taylor Edgar said:

I reckon we need to get at least 2 free agents a right back and central midfielder as we only have foley, macpherson and hodson for those positions now with an always injured s
Stephen McGinn

Add in a C/H as well. 

• 2 weeks later...