Sweeper07

The January 2020 Transfer Window

On 2/3/2020 at 8:37 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Like peaches?

Sorry, forgot ... peaches grow in tins.

You've got me thinking about tinned peaches in syrup now.

Off to Asda today I think.

Slurp!

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Maybe in your head - here is a definition on-line :-

economical with the truth

humorous

avoiding stating the true facts about a situation, or lying about it

What is it that you gain from pretending that you are ITK?

Oh and don't kid us on that you don't care that we don't believe you. None of us are buying that either Mr "I used to play football for a living". Apparently we're all meant to be impressed by this for some reason.

People hate a bullshitter almost as much as a boaster. That's why you are getting stick.

Edited by oaksoft

At the end of the day does it all really matter.  He's history.  

Not to me it doesn’t, as you say he’s history.
I made my comments based on,

1. Some suggested JG was being frugal with the truth.
3. There’s about three pages of he said she said, opinions and speculation.

Therefore, there is a lack of clarity (IMO) on the situation, so if the club had made a statement it would have put it to bed and allowed some forum members to move on and berate one another on another topic.

17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Baird believed that he was coming back and frankly I thought that would be a wsie move 

I'll just stop you right there. 

No he didn't. He still didn't know what was happening as soon as 4 days before he was due to come back (after you'd initially said he was coming back).

He knew he had one more game for Morton at that point and didn't know where he'd be for Scottish Cup match. 

26 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Not to me it doesn’t, as you say he’s history.
I made my comments based on,

1. Some suggested JG was being frugal with the truth.
3. There’s about three pages of he said she said, opinions and speculation.

Therefore, there is a lack of clarity (IMO) on the situation, so if the club had made a statement it would have put it to bed and allowed some forum members to move on and berate one another on another topic. emoji4.png

Accurate history is rarely written close to an event. My take was and is that the whole thing stinks. Killie don't come out of it well. Tapping. Wank Broadfoot doesn't come out of it well. Rat/sinking ship? Saints / JG doesn't come out of it well. Losing two, arguably, first choice experienced defenders close to the end of the window doesn't look good. But history it is.. Wank Broadfoot has gone. McGinn has gone. We move on. 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Losing two, arguably, first choice experienced defenders close to the end of the window doesn't look good. 

Except that neither were first choice. They were both on the bench before they left.

And we signed 3 defenders during the transfer window to replace them.

Looks good to me. 

2 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Except that neither were first choice. They were both on the bench before they left.

And we signed 3 defenders during the transfer window to replace them.

Looks good to me. 

Well... John McGinn had been in terrific form. A first pick. Wank Broadfoot was a first pick until his injury. 

As for their replacements. I'm cool with them. 

26 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well... John McGinn had been in terrific form. A first pick. Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot was a first pick until his injury. 

John McGinn plays for Aston Villa.

Paul McGinn was on the bench before he left. Flynn had replaced him at right back.

The fact that Wank Wank Broadfoot was previously first pick before injury is irrelevant. We signed 2 new centre backs and they were now first picks with Kirk on the bench.

These are the indisputable facts. You were wrong. 

Edited by Hiram Abiff

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well... John McGinn had been in terrific form. A first pick. Wank Wank Broadfoot was a first pick until his injury. 

O dear. Bad sign. 

I know I posted stuff that folk then went on various rants with...

That was not my intension, but everyone is entitle to spout their thoughts on a forum.

I personally was not trying to have a go at JG or the BOD or for that matter any of the players, past or present. OR seek any kind of acclamation.

Actually, my opinion is we lost a near 36 year old who wanted to be elsewhere and was no doubt on big wages for us. It looks like not only do we save on his big wages, but we also got his signing on fee back. He was injured too much for us and although a good player, other than us now only having 3 first team CB's yet again, overall I think we are better off without him. We still might pick up a cheaper replacement...

Secondly Paul is in  a similar category for me. He has been a great servant here but was clearly going away in the summer. We have replaced him with Hodson, who is also versatile (can cover FB) and we got a fee for him now rather than nothing come the summer.

We have new guys in and there ought to be a positive buzz - the BOD and Management team have done what they have even with things being thrown in that were not in their own planning...

Now we just need to kick on. Passing Killie and Hibs would be phenomenal - even if a bit unlikely - we can hope and if we start banging in the goals, may just be a possibility...

C O Y S

49 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know I posted stuff that folk then went on various rants with...

That was not my intension, but everyone is entitle to spout their thoughts on a forum.

I personally was not trying to have a go at JG or the BOD or for that matter any of the players, past or present. OR seek any kind of acclamation.

Actually, my opinion is we lost a near 36 year old who wanted to be elsewhere and was no doubt on big wages for us. It looks like not only do we save on his big wages, but we also got his signing on fee back. He was injured too much for us and although a good player, other than us now only having 3 first team CB's yet again, overall I think we are better off without him. We still might pick up a cheaper replacement...

Secondly Paul is in  a similar category for me. He has been a great servant here but was clearly going away in the summer. We have replaced him with Hodson, who is also versatile (can cover FB) and we got a fee for him now rather than nothing come the summer.

We have new guys in and there ought to be a positive buzz - the BOD and Management team have done what they have even with things being thrown in that were not in their own planning...

Now we just need to kick on. Passing Killie and Hibs would be phenomenal - even if a bit unlikely - we can hope and if we start banging in the goals, may just be a possibility...

C O Y S

Never mind all that shite, any inside info? 😉

As the window is now closed can't this thread be closed and the rest of us can get some peace?

Edited by Danny

17 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

But you knew Gary was injured and you apparently knew that Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot was on his way. Why did you think Famewo would be 4th choice out of 3?

Not even Broad_foot knew he was going back to Ayrshire when we signed Famewo, I made the comment when Famewo was just signed and not many of us had a clue whether he would be any good or not!  :bounce2   So did you think he would be a 1st or 2nd choice CB for us when he arrived ? 

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not even Broad_foot knew he was going back to Ayrshire when we signed Famewo, I made the comment when Famewo was just signed and not many of us had a clue whether he would be any good or not!  :bounce2   So did you think he would be a 1st or 2nd choice CB for us when he arrived ? 

Thank goodness the management did.

2 hours ago, pod said:

Thank goodness the management did.

agreed . . .   but there is an element of chance with every player . . . some don't settle away from home, some don't take to team mates, some pick up injuries.

Last night was Famewo's best game for us to date - he is a player !

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

agreed . . .   but there is an element of chance with every player . . . some don't settle away from home, some don't take to team mates, some pick up injuries.

Last night was Famewo's best game for us to date - he is a player !

Totally agree. Famewo looked fitter last night and is now getting up to game speed. We have two excellant young centre halfs.