The January 2020 Transfer Window

Sweeper07

9 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I think we should concentrate on the Irish market it’s been quite good so far.

Do you think that with the possibility of you know who wanting to leave 10 days before the deadline ended that we did not have potential replacements already under consideration . . . ? Does not matter which market they come from as others signed have come from various places - only matters if they can do the business when they get game time... 

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Do you think that with the possibility of you know who wanting to leave 10 days before the deadline ended that we did not have potential replacements already under consideration . . . ? Does not matter which market they come from as others signed have come from various places - only matters if they can do the business when they get game time... 

Ten days?

Really?

Jim calls the Wank Broadfoot situation completely bizarre, one unlike anything he's ever been involved in and was out of the blue. Call from Wank Broadfoot on Wednesday and asked to leave. Jim quite open that he was raging at him doing so at the point he did.

22 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

O dear :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

10 days?    Are you just using binary to be a smart arse?

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Ten days?   Really? 

I am not claiming he was definitely going 10 days before the window shut - But it has been said that Killie made the 1st approach 10 days before the window shut and JG had said no way...

Given how it ended up, you think our management team had though that that was definitely the end of it ?

Given that they have been planning for months to bring in players, do you think they did not have others on their list, just in case one or two fell through OR something like this happened ?

17 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You lost me here , I’m only saying I think that it will be a good market to get decent young players cheap , McGrath and McCarthy look to be good additions

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Exactly where has it been said that Killie made the approach 10 days before the window shut? I missed that.

It hasn't.

I can imagine we have been working but as he (Jim Goodwin) said, we've focused the last 2 weeks on forward areas, last thing we expected to be looking for was another CB at this point.

This a good game.

I think I'll call it "How to prove Sweeper is talking shite".

I am not claiming he was definitely going 10 days before the window shut - But it has been said that Killie made the 1st approach 10 days before the window shut and JG had said no way...
Given how it ended up, you think our management team had though that that was definitely the end of it ?
Given that they have been planning for months to bring in players, do you think they did not have others on their list, just in case one or two fell through OR something like this happened ?
Jim Goodwin on national radio said the first the Club knew about Wank Broadfoot was on Wed morning when Wank Broadfoot phoned Jim. Jim was raging at the request and the timing. Not 10 days.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Jim Goodwin on national radio said the first the Club knew about Wank Wank Broadfoot was on Wed morning when Wank Wank Broadfoot phoned Jim. Jim was raging at the request and the timing. Not 10 days.

What I don't get out of this is why Saints haven't complained that Wank Broadfoot was clearly tapped up by Kilmarnock 

2 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

You lost me here , I’m only saying I think that it will be a good market to get decent young players cheap , McGrath and McCarthy look to be good additions

And I don't disagree but Chabbi has not come from that market for example.  Our nets are cast wider than one market, though I agree the Irish market is an attractive one...

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

It hasn't.   This a good game.

I think I'll call it "How to prove Sweeper is talking shite".

Aye cause JG said he was only looking to bring in 1 or 2 players several times before the Window arrived - You must believe everything JG says then . . . 

or maybe you are thinking sh*te . . .  :hammer