The January 2020 Transfer Window

Sweeper07

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Exactly where has it been said that Killie made the approach 10 days before the window shut? I missed that.

I heard it . . . whether you think I did or not - even if JG only heard he was planning to go for sure on the Wed, he still had time to consider a replacement Thursday and Friday surely...? Truth is Killie did not wait until 2 days before the window closed to try to get him - that would be crazy . . .

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Heard it? thats the voices in your head. 

Believe what you like - it does not bother me.

Lovely how fans are so quick to attack fellow fans because they cannot believe something . . . you probably believe in aliens or that the world is against you.. ha ha :bounce2

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I heard it . . . whether you think I did or not - even if JG only heard he was planning to go for sure on the Wed, he still had time to consider a replacement Thursday and Friday surely...? Truth is Killie did not wait until 2 days before the window closed to try to get him - that would be crazy . . .

Like they grow on trees or waiting to make themselves available.   :unsure:

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Aye cause JG said he was only looking to bring in 1 or 2 players several times before the Window arrived - You must believe everything JG says then . . . 

or maybe you are thinking sh*te . . .  :hammer

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

^^^^^ doesn’t even make any sense 😂

He made up so much pish that he can't remember the difference between his fantasy world and the real world.:lol:

11 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Believe what you like - it does not bother me.

Lovely how fans are so quick to attack fellow fans because they cannot believe something . . . you probably believe in aliens or that the world is against you.. ha ha :bounce2

I don't think that's the case and you can be a LOT more specific with this. 

Fans are so quick to attack because they don't believe YOU in particular. 

And why should they? You have a long history of coming up with statements that are clearly made up. In the last window alone, you said that Baird returning from loan was one of the two centre halves coming in and Famewo would only be called on in emergencies.

Baird never came back and Famewo has played every minute since he signed.

So why should folk believe you when you continually say that we'd known the Wank Wank Broadfoot situation 10 days in advance without so much as a quote as proof of this? 

Edited by djchapsticks

55 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

And why should they? You have a long history of coming up with statements that are clearly made up. In the last window alone, you said that Baird returning from loan was one of the two centre halves coming in and Famewo would only be called on in emergencies.

So why should folk believe you when you continually say that we'd known the Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot situation 10 days in advance without so much as a quote as proof of this? 

He also said Goodwin was a liar and that we did try to get Middleton in this window.

He keeps going against public statements, yet never offers up anything credible. 

So why should folk believe you when you continually say that we'd known the Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot situation 10 days in advance without so much as a quote as proof of this? 

To be fair to him I did post a week past Friday that Killie had been In touch with him but I didn’t think it was a possibility. Please don’t ask who the source is as I won’t name the person, but believe me I was disappointed when he left

19 hours ago, Yflab said:

I’m sorry I doubt you. It’s just the first time anyone has said that it occurred 10 days before the window closed.
So what source did you hear it from? 

IF St. Mirren genuinely did not know about this 10 days before the end of the window, then I am genuinely surprised... there was certainly talk in Ayrshire by then...

17 hours ago, pod said:

Like they grow on trees or waiting to make themselves available.   :unsure:

There are plenty of players out of contract at the moment - as we have discovered before when Oran came in and the window was closed !

Are you determined to be a twat by trying to have a pop at me?

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Baird believed that he was coming back and frankly I thought that would be a wsie move, given that we were playing a midfielder and a FB at CB due to injuries and only having 3 CB's before the window. We did get away with it well, but was it not a bit risky? AND now we are in that same predicament - 3 recognised CB's . Personally I think it is worse this time as this is the part of the league where the prizes and relegation are handed out. We are now stuck with 3 or with bringing an out of contract CB in - I do hope it does not come back to bite us...

And it was only my opinion that Famewo would be 4th choice. Did anyone else expect him to be 1st or 2nd choice? Given that Gary is injured and our other CB has left - it is no surprise that Famewo has played in every game. Actually he is far better than I expected - my opinion of his ability to slot straight in was wrong - it does not mean I should be hung drawn and quartered for having a wrong opinion. You have posted things which did not happen either (e.g. "5 in and 3 more out tomorrow") :spud7

When Famewo signed on loan, did you honestly believe  he was going to play every game,  if you know who had been fully fit (and not left us) and Gary had been also ?

Anyway, we all surely want St. Mirren to do well !  

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

And calling the manager a liar is the way to do that? 

You keep harping on about this - do you believe JG only ever tells the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth ?

I have given a clear example of where he was being economical with the truth previously . . . .

Straight question YES or NO?  Before you answer that one, do YOU?   :bounce2

3 hours ago, Lethal89 said:

To be fair to him I did post a week past Friday that Killie had been In touch with him but I didn’t think it was a possibility. Please don’t ask who the source is as I won’t name the person, but believe me I was disappointed when he left

:cheers  BUT why ain't you getting the same abuse as me?

SO we both heard about this long before JG if everybody believes that or not, it does not affect me one little bit !  :ninja

41 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

:cheers  BUT why ain't you getting the same abuse as me?

SO we both heard about this long before JG if everybody believes that or not, it does not affect me one little bit !  :ninja

The difference is Killie and Wank Wank Broadfoot may have been conversing 10 days ago however neither had been in touch before Wed with St Mirren  (kind of like the BoD and Kibble :) ) . That is why Jim said on national radio that he was so angry as the first St Mirren knew about it was a phone call, not from Killie but Wank Wank Broadfoot, on the Wed leaving the club little time to do much about it.

The difference is Killie and Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot may have been conversing 10 days ago however neither had been in touch before Wed with St Mirren  (kind of like the BoD and Kibble [emoji4] ) . That is why Jim said on national radio that he was so angry as the first St Mirren knew about it was a phone call, not from Killie but Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot, on the Wed leaving the club little time to do much about it.

He 100% went into speak to JG on the last day of the window, I assume to seek assurances that at 35 he would be first choice CB. I am not privy to that conversation but it would appear that he didn’t get the answer he wanted hence why he asked to leave. He wanted to get into the hall of fame.

At the end of the day there is two sides to every story and the truth is located somewhere in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Lethal89 said:

He 100% went into speak to JG on the last day of the window, I assume to seek assurances that at 35 he would be first choice CB. I am not privy to that conversation but it would appear that he didn’t get the answer he wanted hence why he asked to leave. He wanted to get into the hall of fame.

At the end of the day there is two sides to every story and the truth is located somewhere in the middle.

I am certainly not challenging that. Wank Broadfoot did what he thought was right for himself. My challenge is that St Mirren knew about it 10 days in advance. Goodwin was pushed about the 'strange transfer' at 10:45pm on the Fri night Sportsound. Goodwin said the Club was not aware of anything until that Wed morning phone call. I cannot see Goodwin lying in public about the timing. In fact he was becoming rather emotional about it and wanted to change the subject.