St Mirren v Hearts, Sat 28th Sept

faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Christ, this is another massive game.

Win and we have some breathing space between us and Hearts, hoping they lose against Hibs tomorrow..

Lose and we'll, what a tragic start to the season that would be. 

2-0 Hearts.

No chance .Hearts are struggling just now so will beat us it's the Saint Mirren way to help out teams who are playing shite and to kick start there season.
Hibs last season is the perfect example 3-1 defeat at home, no victory for months, caretaker manager, St Mirren 1-0 up, Magennis misses sitter to make it 2-0,somehow lose 3-1.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
17 hours ago, elvis said:
No chance .Hearts are struggling just now so will beat us it's the Saint Mirren way to help out teams who are playing shite and to kick start there season.

Hibs last season is the perfect example 3-1 defeat at home, no victory for months, caretaker manager, St Mirren 1-0 up, Magennis misses sitter to make it 2-0,somehow lose 3-1.

The past isn't always a good guide to the future. Different manager, different players.  There are 6 points covering every team from 6th to 12th. This is a highly competitive league. Emotions will be all over the place. A better squad here now. No guarantees other than its going to be a bumpy and exciting journey. 

Edited by St.Ricky

One small glimmer of light gentlemen, while we have been very poor we are still very much in with another 5 or 6 teams.

Hibs play Celtic next week, got to think that's zero points for them.

St Johnstone are at home to Motherwell, a point at best IMO.

Hamilton are at home to Livingstone, could go anyway TBH. 

All of the above mean little if we don't beat Hearts. 

Team P GD Pts
1   Celtic 6 17 18

2   Rangers 6 11 15
3   Aberdeen 6 5 11

4   Motherwell 6 2 10
5   Ross County 6 -1 10
6   Livingston 6 0 8
7   Kilmarnock 6 -2 7
8   Hearts 6 -3 5
9   Hamilton 6 -4 5
10   St Mirren 6 -3 4

11   Hibernian 6 -10 4

12   St Johnstone 6 -12 3

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I love your optimism but as I posted on the Hamilton matchday thread to score goals you need the ball in the box & we just don't do that enough during games.

I struggle to see us scoring 1 never mind 2.

The reason i think we'll fair better is that Hearts will try to attack us and we'll get more space, looking for the 2 Kyle's to be on form too.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I love your optimism but as I posted on the Hamilton matchday thread to score goals you need the ball in the box & we just don't do that enough during games.

I struggle to see us scoring 1 never mind 2.

14 minutes ago, munoz said:

Having watched most of the Edinburgh derby today, I think Hearts will prove to be a more difficult task than Hamilton were yesterday. 

Indeed gentlemen, there were predictions of us scoring 3 against Hamilton, eh @munoz, which was more in hope than belief.

Like munoz said, Hearts, as shite as they were in the first half, opened up in the 2nd and played at a pace, which we lack.

It's difficult, but not impossible, to see us winning this and with the next 5 games looming up, where I can only see us taking something from St Johnstone, I fear by the first set of games this quarter we will be in a position that we will be in for the rest of the season, a dogfight trying to escape relegation, despite us signing quality. :rolleyes:

I have noticed this quality debate has subsided recently after us playing the 3 diddy teams that were meant to offer us lots of points. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed gentlemen, there were predictions of us scoring 3 against Hamilton, eh @munoz, which was more in hope than belief.

Like munoz said, Hearts, as shite as they were in the first half, opened up in the 2nd and played at a pace, which we lack.

It's difficult, but not impossible, to see us winning this and with the next 5 games looming up, where I can only see us taking something from St Johnstone, I fear by the first set of games this quarter we will be in a position that we will be in for the rest of the season, a dogfight trying to escape relegation, despite us signing quality. :rolleyes:

I have noticed this quality debate has subsided recently after us playing the 3 diddy teams that were meant to offer us lots of points. 

I would be more fearful if we weren't creating any chances but in the last 3 games we have. If we can become more clinical in the final 3rd then we can still have a decent season. 

I don't see any reason why we cant pick up points from the next few fixtures,  apart from the Celtic game. 

We have the 4th best defence in the league having played 2 of the top 3 teams, but if we dont start finding the net soon that will count for nothing. 

21 hours ago, elvis said:

Tbf we actually managed to beat them before the Jan transfer window last season thanks to supergoal Hammill.

It is the only glimmer of hope I can find, but it’s there!