St Mirren v Hearts, Sat 28th Sept

faraway saint

20 minutes ago, munoz said:

I would be more fearful if we weren't creating any chances but in the last 3 games we have. If we can become more clinical in the final 3rd then we can still have a decent season. 

I don't see any reason why we cant pick up points from the next few fixtures,  apart from the Celtic game. 

We have the 4th best defence in the league having played 2 of the top 3 teams, but if we dont start finding the net soon that will count for nothing. 

Excuse me, yesterday? 2 shots on target.

Ross Count, 2 shots on target.

Livvie, fair point, 5 shots on target.

Don't kid yourself, or anybody else, we are creating next to nothing so no team will worry when we play them. 

As for the next games, you really think we can take something from Hearts, Motherwell and Killie? 

Good luck with that at the bookies. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Excuse me, yesterday? 2 shots on target.

Ross Count, 2 shots on target.

Livvie, fair point, 5 shots on target.

Don't kid yourself, or anybody else, we are creating next to nothing so no team will worry when we play them. 

As for the next games, you really think we can take something from Hearts, Motherwell and Killie? 

Good luck with that at the bookies. 

Ross County hit the woodwork twice and had a perfectly good goal disallowed. 

The Livi game was one way traffic in the 2nd half in our favour. 

Yesterday we had 15 efforts but unfortunately as you pointed out , only 2 on target. 

Fine lines in this league if you don't take your chances but we are creating them. 

Ross County hit the woodwork twice and had a perfectly good goal disallowed. 
The Livi game was one way traffic in the 2nd half in our favour. 
Yesterday we had 15 efforts but unfortunately as you pointed out , only 2 on target. 
Fine lines in this league if you don't take your chances but we are creating them. 
Sorry but have to disagree the 2 efforts Kyle had at Ross County can't be classed as chances they were 20 yard strikes that we all have seen have more often ended up closer to the corner flag than the goal.

The disallowed goal came from a goalmouth scramble.

Livingston yes we had most of possession in 2nd half but how many decent chances did we actually create???

The 4 goals conceded against Livingston and Ross County 3 of them were scored from good passes/crosses from those teams that we unfortunately cannot seem to copy, in 6 league games we have created I reckon around 3/4 decent chances and created not 1 clear cut chance from our play.

Our final ball when we eventually stop passing sideways or back the way is absolutely f#####g terrible.

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Sorry but have to disagree the 2 efforts Kyle had at Ross County can't be classed as chances they were 20 yard strikes that we all have seen have more often ended up closer to the corner flag than the goal.

Livingston yes we had most of possession in 2nd half but how many decent chances did we actually create???

The 4 goals conceded against Livingston and Ross County 3 of them were scored from good passes/crosses from those teams that we unfortunately cannot seem to copy, in 6 league games we have created I reckon around 3/4 decent chances and created not 1 clear cut chance from our play.

Our final ball when we eventually stop passing sideways or back the way is absolutely f#####g terrible.

We created at least 5 or 6 decent chances in the first game against Hibs alone. To suggest we have not created 1 clear cut chance is simply wrong. 

We created at least 5 or 6 decent chances in the first game against Hibs alone. To suggest we have not created 1 clear cut chance is simply wrong. 
Evidence??? I was at that game don't remember creating any chances never mind clear cut ones.

A clear cut chance in my opinion is the ones where Dykes and Stewart scored v us where a team mate actually passed/crossed to his striker who when faced with only keeper to beat scored no problem.

We haven't had one chance like that Morais 2 chances v Rangers and Hamilton were as close as we have got and neither were clear cut.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Evidence??? I was at that game don't remember creating any chances never mind clear cut ones.

A clear cut chance in my opinion is the ones where Dykes and Stewart scored v us where a team mate actually passed/crossed to his striker who when faced with only keeper to beat scored no problem.

We haven't had one chance like that Morais 2 chances v Rangers and Hamilton were as close as we have got and neither were clear cut.

First half alone we have 4 or 5 decent chances. 

Too many pre match pints affecting your memory?

First half alone we have 4 or 5 decent chances. 
Too many pre match pints affecting your memory?
Maybe if you didn't drink you would understand the difference between CREATING chances or HAVING chances.

Your original point that I had an issue with was you weren't worried because we are CREATING chances of all the chances in Hibs video you shared we created 2 with our passes (Paul Mcginn first half & Ryan Flynn 2nd half header from corner).

I could argue with you again that none of them were anywhere near (good/great/clear cut chances) unlike the 4 (good/great/clear cut chances) Livingston and Ross County had and subsequently easily scored v us.

4 hours ago, munoz said:

If we can improve our accuracy when it comes to shots on goal we will be fine. 

Screenshot_20190923-144709_Chrome.jpg

One issue is that most of our shots are from distance. Not always a bad thing. We had a tenancy to try to walk the ball into the net in the past. Problem is that shots from outside the box usually have to be outstanding to beat keepers in the top league. Mind you. Mcgennis can fairly smack that ball. 

On 9/22/2019 at 9:30 PM, munoz said:

I would be more fearful if we weren't creating any chances but in the last 3 games we have. If we can become more clinical in the final 3rd then we can still have a decent season. 

I don't see any reason why we cant pick up points from the next few fixtures,  apart from the Celtic game. 

We have the 4th best defence in the league having played 2 of the top 3 teams, but if we dont start finding the net soon that will count for nothing

I am with you here Munoz. The two IF's above are significant. The 2nd line I highlighted naturally would most likely follow from the 1st one being realised.

I do think we are not creative enough, nor do we move the ball quick enough, and don't play to feet or into spaces nearly enough. I also think the strikers have not had great service and are at that desperate stage where they are over eager - hence the miskicks, straying offside etc. Strikers are strange creatures, and the difference a 1st goal, and getting into a scoring habit makes is incredible. These guys are capable, though the fans are clearly impatient and not too impressed so far.

Can we beat Hearts? On paper they have a better squad and are free scoring in comparison to us - having averaged 2 goals per league game. But they have also averaged losing 1 1/2 goals per game compared to us losing 1 goals per game. We have scored 0.5 goals per game too though.

This is a game NOT to gamble on, though I suspect we will be the underdogs. At some point some of these shots from our players will go in, and if we speed moves up and support our strikers better we will find gaps and chances for the strikers and others.

My worry is Ikpeazu is a real handful and even if he does not score has the potential to make goals. The test for our defence (and our midfield) is how we handle him and their quick breaks.

This has to be seen as an opportunity for 3 points - Hearts have not been great and they have weaknesses - I really hope Goodie and the team take their chance - we could really use a win... 90 minutes cup tie mindset, we are going through!   ST. Mirren 2   v 1 Hearts.. fans break into a wee smile and have something to celebrate for a change.... :turtle

Pre match event in Rock’n’rollas, all welcome. £5 ticket gets you a free drink and entry to the raffle
Dj’s, the drum and Saints songs, should be good fun. 
Send me a pm if you want sorted with a ticket 

B9909D67-C17E-480E-BF9E-1E3979B3A4C3.jpeg.439a8fa58837e548650ea10f7c3ffb67.jpeg

Except it isn’t free is it ?

Pay £5 to enter a place prior to the match , then pay to enter the football

Save the £5 , get yourself a pie n bovril at the game & sing in the stadium [emoji4]

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Except it isn’t free is it ?

Pay £5 to enter a place prior to the match , then pay to enter the football

Save the £5 , get yourself a pie n bovril at the game & sing in the stadium emoji4.png

Expecting a good turnout, sold a lot of tickets, so it should be a fun event for those who enjoy a bit of fun :holiday 

On 9/21/2019 at 11:44 PM, elvis said:

No chance .Hearts are struggling just now so will beat us it's the Saint Mirren way to help out teams who are playing shite and to kick start there season.

So, as Hearts won against Hibs on Sunday to kick start their season, you'll be backing St. Mirren?

Sorry, I forgot is was you Elvis.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Hope it goes well Doakes. I'm pretty sure you would also like this kind of opportunity at the ground. 

I sent an email to the club at the end of last season asking to join the 1877 but I have not heard anything - I would have thought that even if it’s full it would be good to send me an email telling me this. ? 

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

I sent an email to the club at the end of last season asking to join the 1877 but I have not heard anything - I would have thought that even if it’s full it would be good to send me an email telling me this. ? 

I'd have thought so Norrie. I know it is much busier now.  Separate topic, I know, but a friend of mine wanted to pay for a parking place at the ground but was told they have all gone for the season. I'm glad I got into both the 1877 and Parking earlier. I have to say that two of us have membership but our diet coke and Irn Bru purchases, including guests, won't make the club a fortune. I hope more people will be able to enjoy a range of hospitality offerings at the ground, including yourself. There definitely seems to be a demand for it. 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:04 AM, Ronnie said:

So it would be better if we had a shot from two yards and missed by miles.......How can hitting the bar and the post not be a “chance” ?????

Baffling. 

1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:

So it would be better if we had a shot from two yards and missed by miles.......How can hitting the bar and the post not be a “chance” ?????

Baffling. 

Chances? Of course they were but I get what is being said in that we are not creating enough opportunities for strikers in the penalty box. Strikers don't create a chance.. Attempt.. From every opportunity so the problem, for me, starts with the quality of balls into the box from midfield or the wings.