St Mirren v Hearts, Sat 28th Sept

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Aberdeen also got two penalties last night, so I think the chances of us getting awarded anything are even slimmer now.

Getting a penalty would be a great bonus as it's the best chance of us scoring a goal.

Not quite sure last nights decisions will have any say in what we get, or don't get, on Saturday right enough.

Hope our players had their feet up last night and didn't walk to the kitchen or toilet, saving energy is going to be a deciding factor. :wink:

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Getting a penalty would be a great bonus as it's the best chance of us scoring a goal.

Not quite sure last nights decisions will have any say in what we get, or don't get, on Saturday right enough.

Hope our players had their feet up last night and didn't walk to the kitchen or toilet, saving energy is going to be a deciding factor. :wink:

Cause 120mins plus penalties uses the same amount of energy as going for leak. 

4 favourite wins I've seen against them in no particular order
  1. 87 Cup, S/F
  2.  87/88 1-0 win at Tynecastle to keep us up
  3.  2013 LC Final.
  4. 85/86 6-2 win @ Love Street to dent their goal difference - just in case! [emoji83]

Add the 5-2 win at Love Street on last day of 84/85 season to clinch a spot in Europe and I’m in agreement

27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

4 favourite wins I've seen against them in no particular order

1. 87 Cup, S/F
  2.  87/88 1-0 win at Tynecastle to keep us up
  3.  2013 LC Final.
  4. 85/86 6-2 win @ Love Street to dent their goal difference - just in case! 👹

I missed the 6..2 game as I was at a family wedding in Fife. Kept popping out to catch up on the score on my car radio. 

20 hours ago, munoz said:

Not too bad a record considering the disparity in support and finances.

We forget that we don't have the fan base or financial muscle of the Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen Teams. We can compete with them in one off games  from time to time but sustaining a challenge over a season. As you say, not a bad record in the circumstances. Is there any footage of the 6..2 victory? 

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I missed the 6..2 game as I was at a family wedding in Fife. Kept popping out to catch up on the score on my car radio. 

I too missed the game as I was at a wedding reception in the Grange Manor Hotel near Falkirk/Grangemouth and kept nipping out to the car to hear the radio.

The only footage I can find is this

Guest TPAFKATS
No chance .Hearts are struggling just now so will beat us it's the Saint Mirren way to help out teams who are playing shite and to kick start there season.
It is indeed the St. Mirren way to lose whenever we play a team that hasn't won in a number of weeks or is on a terrible run .
Thankfully they beat hibs.