St Mirren v Hearts, Sat 28th Sept

faraway saint

FT 0-0

Second half followed much the same pattern as the first, scrappy. Hearts had a good chance half way through on the volley, over the bar.

We are, well organised. 7 games, every single 1 of them close. Not more than a goal in it either way In every game. We are fine defensively, thought Broadfoot was excellent last week and today. What a signing he looks.

We just lack that bit of quality and spark going forward. When/if we find that, we will be fine. If we don’t, there’s going to be a lot more 0-0 draws.

Seen it all before, I remember 90/91 when our top scorers were Kinnaird, McDowell & Torfason with 5 each - I luv Saints! :wub:

League

Scottish

Cup

League

Cup

Total

Kinnaird

-

McDowall

-

Torfason

-

McWalter

-

-

Archibald

-

-

Black

-

-

Martin

-

-

Victor

-

Stickroth

-

Lambert

-

-

Godfrey

-

-

Shaw

-

-

McIntyre

-

-

McEwan

-

-

St Mirren 0- Football Club

As stated last week - we are solid defensively. We seem to have cut out the mistakes and continue to be good at absorbing pressure.

Hladky, McGinn, Broadfoot, Flynn, Foley, Magennis is a good base team.

The downside is we are awful going forward, lacking any kind of finesse, too predictable, too slow, wrong decisions...

Mullen showed a bit when he came on - he has his downsides but he'd be an improvement and isn't as easily pushed off the ball. Held it up very well today.

Aside from that we have nothing to change the game - McAllister hasn't had the effect many expected him to. Perhaps realising he only has a left foot and tries the spectacular too often. Slows the game down despite his pace.

Shitfest it 'till January then pay the money for a decent striker?

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Seen it all before, I remember 90/91 when our top scorers were Kinnaird, McDowell & Torfason with 5 each - I luv Saints! :wub:

League

Scottish

Cup

League

Cup

Total

Kinnaird

-

McDowall

-

Torfason

-

McWalter

-

-

Archibald

-

-

Black

-

-

Martin

-

-

Victor

-

Stickroth

-

Lambert

-

-

Godfrey

-

-

Shaw

-

-

McIntyre

-

-

McEwan

-

-

Yip but  the difference then was 11 other players in the squad that scored.  This season in the league we have 3 Magennis, Durmus and Andreu.

I do think there will be goals at some point - Guys Like Flynn, McGinn (s) , Cooke, Mullen, McAllister, Obika and Morais will eventually get off the mark... sooner the better though 

21 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t actually think there’s a lack of intent to attack, just a lack of any basic ability. 

This was what had me screaming at the screen (when they finally got the thing to work !!!) constantly giving the ball away/falling down/failing to trap the ball/ you get the picture.

Come on Saints, prove me wrong next time out.

Other than the goal chopped off, we had no shots on target... so the best we can get from that is 1 point.

Defence played well, but we need to move quicker into attack and our attempts have to  go in - no point in going close, no matter how hard we hit it...

2 points dropped and 2 points dropped on the Hamilton mob...

We are lucky the Fakes are doing even worse, cause Hibs will pass us soon . . .

2 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Jonathan Sutherland describes us as toothless. Do we have a coach for the strikers? If yes, should we sack him and get another? If no, should we get one? Does McCoist not live nearby. A couple of sessions a week couldn't do any harm

Think he might take them to nightclubs for that . . .  or is that their current problem?  :bounce2