First Quarter Points Target

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

We play Hearts, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Kilmarnock Celtic. 

Win 3 of these and draw and our position is transformed as the league is so tight. 

Hearts... Draw

St Johnston.. Win

Motherwell.. Win

Kilmarmock.. Win

Celtic.. Loss

IT would be amazing if we managed your prediction. That would take us to 14 points for the 1st quarter... Bookies offering 1,000,000 / 1  for this with these predictions being correct. Tell you what, IF these come up I will invite you for a slap up meal and a pint before a Saint's game this season  ... :ninja

I think our chances against Motherwell of a draw is higher, but a defeat more likely than a win for us. They move the ball well (no pun intended) and they score good goals...

I also think we might just catch Hearts at the right time - they will get better when their injured players return in the next month or so... now is the time for 3 points off them...

Even 2 wins would be significant, we've only managed 1 in the last 6 games so far.... that would take us to 10 points in quarter 1, with any draws as bonus points . . . :magic

(A win and 3 draws would have a similar effect i.e. 10 points 😃 Passing the Hammer throwers and staying ahead of them MUST be one of our very                SMART GOALS)  😎

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

IT would be amazing if we managed your prediction. That would take us to 14 points for the 1st quarter... Bookies offering 1,000,000 / 1  for this with these predictions being correct. Tell you what, IF these come up I will invite you for a slap up meal and a pint before a Saint's game this season  ... :ninja

I think our chances against Motherwell of a draw is higher, but a defeat more likely than a win for us. They move the ball well (no pun intended) and they score good goals...

I also think we might just catch Hearts at the right time - they will get better when their injured players return in the next month or so... now is the time for 3 points off them...

Even 2 wins would be significant, we've only managed 1 in the last 6 games so far.... that would take us to 10 points in quarter 1, with any draws as bonus points . . . :magic

(A win and 3 draws would have a similar effect i.e. 10 points 😃 Passing the Hammer throwers and staying ahead of them MUST be one of our very                SMART GOALS)  😎

It is a big ask. At some point teams do go on a run in this league. We haven't so far, grant you that. I'd settle happily though for two wins and a draw if offered it now and not care where they came. Am I optimistic? I'd say hopeful. 

Until Hearts mini revival at the weekend I would have said 7 points - now I reckon 5 (1/1/3/0/0) - don't know why I think we'll get anything from Motherwell but there you go [emoji846]

On a brighter note I do think 5 points will be enough to keep us safely in the mix with the rest of the bottom 6.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:43 PM, southsidebud said:

Until Hearts mini revival at the weekend I would have said 7 points - now I reckon 5 (1/1/3/0/0) - don't know why I think we'll get anything from Motherwell but there you go emoji846.png

On a brighter note I do think 5 points will be enough to keep us safely in the mix with the rest of the bottom 6.

Hearts had more possession, more shots at goal. Things are still tight. Still capable of adding 4 to 6 points this quarter. 

Can't see us taking anything from the Motherwell game, IF we don't beat St Johnstone we could be in a situation that's very hard to drag ourselves out of.

After our delay in signing anyone, then signing "quality" :lol: it's looking like the January window is another last chance to get some real players into the club. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Can't see us taking anything from the Motherwell game, IF we don't beat St Johnstone we could be in a situation that's very hard to drag ourselves out of.

After our delay in signing anyone, then signing "quality" :lol: it's looking like the January window is another last chance to get some real players into the club. 

PS I couldn't see us taking anything from the Aberdeen game so you never know. :wink:

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

4pts at Fir Park last season. No reason why we can't take something on Saturday although that will probably be another draw.

After 7 games played a pattern is beginning to emerge - and it is beginning to look like we will (again) be struggling to compete effectively in this league.

Our obvious weakness (as everyone else has pointed out) is that we cannot score goals - and our only slight hope is that Cody Cooke returns to full fitness pretty soon.

Neither Morias nor Obika look like they are an improvement on what we already had.

Defensively and in midfield we are better than usual but we are not creating/taking the scoring chances of our nearest rivals.

The present personnel have been given enough chances to show what they can do in an attacking sense and it is now perhaps time to freshen things up and the answer might be to bring Stephen McGinn back in from the cold. His guile and creativity would be welcome if he can recover his best form.

The other worrying factor is that the longer this goal-less run goes on, lack of confidence and self-belief is going to affect performance - it's a 'catch 22' situation unfortunately.

I am, not going to be to critical of our management team yet, for once we have to give them time, and thankfully unlike last season they have that. Sure we messed up the pre season and LC because of lack of time and prep, but I do feel we have a far better squad than last season..... however I am concerned with the lack of firepower from our strikers, whats more concerning is the lack of firepower from our midfield, who actually drives us forward?...…. McAllister and McGinnes never play the full 90 together. So with Broadfoot and Foley sitting deep, surely we can afford more penetration with a higher line, giving more support to our forwards, creating more chances ….

If we are going to play 1-5-4, then we have to have a CF who can hold up the ball. We don't appear  to have player that can fulfil that role at our club.

Cautious approach is fine, no one wants to lost 7-0 but I feel we need some goals soon or we will truly be to frightened to venture forward

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am, not going to be to critical of our management team yet, for once we have to give them time, and thankfully unlike last season they have that. Sure we messed up the pre season and LC because of lack of time and prep, but I do feel we have a far better squad than last season..... however I am concerned with the lack of firepower from our strikers, whats more concerning is the lack of firepower from our midfield, who actually drives us forward?...…. McAllister and McGinnes never play the full 90 together. So with Broadfoot and Foley sitting deep, surely we can afford more penetration with a higher line, giving more support to our forwards, creating more chances ….

If we are going to play 1-5-4, then we have to have a CF who can hold up the ball. We don't appear  to have player that can fulfil that role at our club.

Cautious approach is fine, no one wants to lost 7-0 but I feel we need some goals soon or we will truly be to frightened to venture forward

That's an interesting formation. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So, here we are after playing everyone once.

Not great to see us bottom. However, 2 points off 8th means there’s plenty of opportunity to change things for the better.

I expect that at the very least, one of the bottom five will edge away in the next quarter. We need to make sure that’s us, otherwise we are in trouble.

3CE9B37A-2C09-4606-9EAD-D70EE89C4CF4.png