Labour Promises Four Day Working Week

Bud the Baker

As a huge chunk of the alleged £4m will be bound up in his daftly price-inflated Islington home, I think you can safely assume he is NOT part of the 1% to be targeted.
But you probably knew that...

Correct chap. I wasn’t suggesting he had £4 million in an offshore account, but his net worth including property value etc has been estimated at £4 million, meaning he’s far removed from the 99%.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well they had their chance to hold a credible plan on Brexit and they've failed IMO.

I'm not even sure Corbyn will gain enough support to lead an interim government because of this stance.

I'm now confused about what the opposition are trying to do.

Why don't they simply call a VONC, put in place an interim government to delay or cancel Brexit, announce a new referendum if needed and then go to election. Am I missing something here? What are they waiting for?

The Opposition is simply trying to ensure that the No Deal Zealots ,opportunists and financial chancers do not have success in ruining the country. Once No Deal is off the table then genuine negotiations MIGHT ensue.

May's Deal was not a negotiation.  It was her loser deal or nothing.  It also was unsatisfactory to the swivel eyed Vulcans in her own party.  More importantly SHE told Europe what the deal would be.  They agreed that it was acceptable (cos it was so good for Europe) but it was unacceptable to sane people in the UK - as well as to the right wing nutjobs.

Labour's unknown attempt at a deal could never be set out until they can have talks with Europe to see what Labour's more flexible approach might bring - along with a softer landing for everyone in Britain.

4 hours ago, antrin said:

The Opposition is simply trying to ensure that the No Deal Zealots ,opportunists and financial chancers do not have success in ruining the country. Once No Deal is off the table then genuine negotiations MIGHT ensue.

For the love of god ....... I'll repeat myself once more because clearly some of you are not reading what I have written.

If Corbyn calls a VONC tomorrow he will win it, form an interim government and then ensure himself that a No deal Brexit can be avoided. He doesn't need to wait for Boris to do it.

A VONC may be won/MAY dislodge Boris. But more than that is required.

The opposition might not unite - whether under Corbyn or not - but I’d guess probably NOT under Corbyn. So that might leave space for a coalition of crazies to slither No Deal over the line by 31/10.

You've obviously not grasped that. MY APOLOGIES.

I hadn’t realised your confusion was at such a basement level.

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Basically, (as antrin points out) the opposition can't agree on a leader for an interim government. That would have to be agreed before a VONC in the government. Who would want the position anyway? Anyone who takes it would go down in history as the shortest serving British PM ever. Think BJ has about 50 days to go to avoid that.

Apparently they can have a VONC in the PM, without having one in the government, which would mean another Tory leadership contest, and distract from the other, more important, things.

Anyway, aye, your missing something. emoji38.png

Ken Clarke and others have offered to step in.