Geeg or Bogie

magnus

Slightly off topic, but. Did anyone else ever have one of the old metal roller skates (Woolies and Logan’s on Foxbar Road were I believe the purveyors of said antiques) and use an old Christmas annual as a seat and tear down the nearest pavement on a hill. Hollows crescent was like Brands Hatch during school holidays. Them were the days.

Slightly off topic, but. Did anyone else ever have one of the old metal roller skates (Woolies and Logan’s on Foxbar Road were I believe the purveyors of said antiques) and use an old Christmas annual as a seat and tear down the nearest pavement on a hill. Hollows crescent was like Brands Hatch during school holidays. Them were the days.

Indeed, the skates were adjustable with a wee wing nut underneath [emoji4]

Honestly, happy days [emoji4]

20 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Normally the Dandy or Beano. All great until you picked up too much speed and it all started to wobble from side to side - ending with the skate flying out. Happy days indeed - and mostly sunny 😎

6 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Aye old topper annual and skint knuckles.........................sigh