A New Signing

munoz

20 hours ago, munoz said:

Just found that out on another thread. 

He's not the only player out of contract that could make a difference to our current woes.  

This time (more or less) last season we brought in Hammill,  Ferdinand and Jackson.  

Would take Jackson right now.

5 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Jim said that as soon as the window shuts he'd be looking to see what business he could do in the next one...  i'd be very surprised if he hasn't told Gus and Tony to find another striker

It’s easy to blame the strikers, but we aren’t creating enough chances. A couple of ok balls in to the box yesterday, but nothing much else. Morelos, Edouard, etc would struggle to score goals.

We need to be better all over, moving the ball quicker and making space with runners. 

1 minute ago, aldo_j said:

It’s easy to blame the strikers, but we aren’t creating enough chances. A couple of ok balls in to the box yesterday, but nothing much else. Morelos, Edouard, etc would struggle to score goals.

We need to be better all over, moving the ball quicker and making space with runners. 

I agree with that, we're looking for a bit of magic from the 2 Kyle's and it's not happening often enough so far.

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but is there an argument to say that we don't always need Flynn and Foley in the midfield? I know they are both playing well, but while it's very solid and covers the back 4 well, that pairing really doesn't offer much in terms of forward energy or creativity. Magennis doesn't strike me as a lazy player so if we put him in there with one of the other two I don't think we'd lose too much in terms of work rate, but we could gain a bit more going forward. It would also allow us to play one of Mcallister or Djorkaeff, and maybe offer a bit more threat from midfield, and maybe rely less on the fullbacks for our width.

The strikers get a lot of the stick, but there isn't much there for them at the moment.

6 hours ago, norman said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but is there an argument to say that we don't always need Flynn and Foley in the midfield? I know they are both playing well, but while it's very solid and covers the back 4 well, that pairing really doesn't offer much in terms of forward energy or creativity. Magennis doesn't strike me as a lazy player so if we put him in there with one of the other two I don't think we'd lose too much in terms of work rate, but we could gain a bit more going forward. It would also allow us to play one of Mcallister or Djorkaeff, and maybe offer a bit more threat from midfield, and maybe rely less on the fullbacks for our width.

The strikers get a lot of the stick, but there isn't much there for them at the moment.

The balance of the team certainly has to be looked at especially at home & against teams like Hamilton etc...