Motherwell v St Mirren Sat 5th October

faraway saint

Looking forward to it already. Good to see Motherwell doing well after a shaky start. All the sweeter if we manage to take the points. There is usually a decent sized travelling support through to back Saints. The pies are OK but now behind those on offer at the Simple Digital Arena. Shock win for Saints. 

17 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

Last season we managed 4 points in the 2 away games, something to take some confidence from and Goodwin should be reminding the players of this before the game.

Best not to mention our home games against them......................well, at least until we play them at home. :wink:

Our poor strikers. Maybe we should start an Arrows for Motherwell Campaign just to help them out.  If we all run about the stands holding big arrows that point at the goal that might help.

How about changing the words to our chant

"We got a boy called Kyle McGennis

He's a young bud from Paisley

He plays behind Junior Morias

Who says "can you show me where the goal is, Please!"

Sorry Junior, Prove me wrong and slot a couple past Gillespie on Saturday so we can all forget Lawrence Shankland.

OBIKA

Is here something in the psyche of St Mirren fans that makes moaning about players, the management and the board the default setting for many? The defence has been good so recruitment there looks to have been good. I like the midfield and the increased competition for places in there. Sure, we are struggling up front and questions are being asked there but otherwise we look way ahead of the team we were at the same stage last year. No reason to get carried away, but no reason to be despondent either. And the pies at Motherwell are OK. 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

How about changing the words to our chant

"We got a boy called Kyle McGennis

He's a young bud from Paisley

He plays behind Junior Morias

Who says "can you show me where the goal is, Please!"

Please come back, st lucifer - all is (almost) forgiven.

Last 4 games were all games that we should have been able to take 3 points from, and although the chances of us having won all 4 in a row under normal circumstances is not that high, taking 2 points from these very doable 12 is really poor.  :(

It is not that we have not played well at times or created some chances, but clearly we have not greatly clicked at scoring goals in the league to date. Goals win matches. :D

Motherwell are currently siting 3rd in the league while we are 3rd bottom and you would have to say that playing them away is not particularly in our favour either. :blink:

In our favour is the fact that Donnelly is suspended after his sending off at the weekend. Watch them on TV, he has been excellent for them and their midfield have been a fabulous unit together so far - but now they are forced to change one of that fabulous unit. They also have injuries in defence . . .  :turtle

I do keep believing that we will at some point start to bang in some goals. The fear factor is definitely there though as everyone is talking about it. There needs to be some fun in training scoring goals and the gaffer needs to press the team into believing that they just need to relax in front of goal and not be afraid to have a go without trying to burst the net or coping out and laying it off for someone else to take the responsibility.  :boxing

I have to hope Obika and Mullen start this game. Durmus has something attacking to offer, so for me that means Andreu, Morais and McAllister on the bench. Given that these 3 are the most likely subs, I wonder at the logic of having Djorkaeff on the bench... could Erhahon perhaps be a better option? i.e. If we lose a defender in the first half presumably Gary would come on but if we lost another we would be struggling - Ethan can play midfield too, but less an issue there I suspect... i.e. 1 defender from 6 outfield players on the bench is a wee bit risky, given that the one is likely to be Gary MacK.  :nerd

Likely Steven McGinn and Gary MacK will be benched once again too, along with Lyness.

This week a good result - Well 1  v 2 St. Mirren   goals from Mullen, Obika or Durmus  any two from these three....  :ninja

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Last 4 games were all games that we should have been able to take 3 points from, and although the chances of us having won all 4 in a row under normal circumstances is not that high, taking 2 points from these very doable 12 is really poor.  :(

It is not that we have not played well at times or created some chances, but clearly we have not greatly clicked at scoring goals in the league to date. Goals win matches. :D

Motherwell are currently siting 3rd in the league while we are 3rd bottom and you would have to say that playing them away is not particularly in our favour either. :blink:

In our favour is the fact that Donnelly is suspended after his sending off at the weekend. Watch them on TV, he has been excellent for them and their midfield have been a fabulous unit together so far - but now they are forced to change one of that fabulous unit. They also have injuries in defence . . .  :turtle

I do keep believing that we will at some point start to bang in some goals. The fear factor is definitely there though as everyone is talking about it. There needs to be some fun in training scoring goals and the gaffer needs to press the team into believing that they just need to relax in front of goal and not be afraid to have a go without trying to burst the net or coping out and laying it off for someone else to take the responsibility.  :boxing

I have to hope Obika and Mullen start this game. Durmus has something attacking to offer, so for me that means Andreu, Morais and McAllister on the bench. Given that these 3 are the most likely subs, I wonder at the logic of having Djorkaeff on the bench... could Erhahon perhaps be a better option? i.e. If we lose a defender in the first half presumably Gary would come on but if we lost another we would be struggling - Ethan can play midfield too, but less an issue there I suspect... i.e. 1 defender from 6 outfield players on the bench is a wee bit risky, given that the one is likely to be Gary MacK.  :nerd

Likely Steven McGinn and Gary MacK will be benched once again too, along with Lyness.

This week a good result - Well 1  v 2 St. Mirren   goals from Mullen, Obika or Durmus  any two from these three....  :ninja

Decent analysis. Hope must come from the fact that Motherwell have lost more goals than we have this league season. 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:13 AM, faraway saint said:

Best I can see is holding them to another 0-0, although surely it's only a matter of time until we score a goal?

Reality is that Motherwell are scoring goals in almost every game.

2-0 (c) Elvis. :(

Reality is that they have lost more goals than we have. 

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lose 1-0 or win 4-3?
Even for you that should be a no-brainer

Oh dear. Convoluted thinking yet again St Lucy. You know very well what I mean. We can take some hope from the fact that they have lost more goals than us this season. Always a tough game at their ground but the memory of the 3:2 win is still with me and highlights are on the forum. 

46 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Oh dear. Convoluted thinking yet again St Lucy. You know very well what I mean. We can take some hope from the fact that they have lost more goals than us this season. Always a tough game at their ground but the memory of the 3:2 win is still with me and highlights are on the forum. 

Could any doctor in Stirling pay this fool a visit, he's on the edge. :1eye

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Probably 2-0 IMO. 

They have scored more than us but also lost more goals than us this season. Makes an interesting backdrop to the match. Haven't watched many of the highlights of their games to know where their defensive frailties lie but I'm sure JG will have. I predict goals for both teams. 

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Anyone got any info on this game regarding tickets ?  I know the stand we are in anyone know do you enter by the main stand side or is it the other end. 

You enter through the south stand IOBS. Not the main stand. I pay at the gate.