Gloomy or Hopeful?

St.Ricky

We are 3 points off 6th place and 2 points from bottom place after 7 games. Our goals against column has improved on last year. Our goal difference is better than teams around us. OK.. We need to score a few more goals. I am optimistic. 

One home game in the remaining four of the first quarter which is against St Johnstone.
Motherwell, Kilmarnock and also Celtic away, I fear our goal difference won’t be looking so healthy after those four games. I believe we can take something from both St Johnstone and Kilmarnock but Motherwell and Celtic are capable of hurting us. Where will our goals come from I’ve no idea.

51 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

One home game in the remaining four of the first quarter which is against St Johnstone.
Motherwell, Kilmarnock and also Celtic away, I fear our goal difference won’t be looking so healthy after those four games. I believe we can take something from both St Johnstone and Kilmarnock but Motherwell and Celtic are capable of hurting us. Where will our goals come from I’ve no idea.

Fair enough to question where the goals are going to come from. I would write off the Celtic game, park the bus and keep the score down. The others, I'm less sure of. To me, these could go either way. We got an unexpected win v Aberdeen and perhaps should have beaten Hamilton and drawn against RC. Our season would look very different had we done so. I guess there are fine margins in this league, particulatly this season. 

Goodwin knows where the problem lies which is good. Defence is sound. Midfielders generally are good. We dont have a goal machine if we did he would not be at us long.  More coaching on attacking midfield and strikers.  I'm not a fan of a loan striker it rarely yields goals. Goodwin will get the balance right it might take a bit longer than we hoped.  

There is at least a base to build on with no goals conceded from open play in four home games.

However if we can't score goals against our relegation rivals like Hamilton and Hearts at home then we will be relegated!

Hopeful it will pick up, but it is certainly high stakes.

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

OP

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as usual, nobody really gives a f**k & certainly don’t need you ‘endorsing everything anyone says

In your normal response, I’m certain you’ll ‘agree’

Certainly happy to dissappoint you in every way. I don't agree. Back to the question. 

Fair enough to question where the goals are going to come from. I would write off the Celtic game, park the bus and keep the score down. The others, I'm less sure of. To me, these could go either way. We got an unexpected win v Aberdeen and perhaps should have beaten Hamilton and drawn against RC. Our season would look very different had we done so. I guess there are fine margins in this league, particulatly this season. 

I agree with what you’re saying, but if it wasn’t for the bad luck we wouldn’t have any.
I still think/hope our strikers find the net soon as I said before it’ll be a massive confidence booster.
I must admit, I don’t like reading some of the comments regarding Obika and Junior.
I’d bet that if either were playing for the OF then they’d be off the mark by now, purely due to the service they’d get.

I don't think we're too far away. Just need to get the right mix up top: Obika and Mullen deserve a chance after their showing in the second half I would say.

Again though it's going to be a tough season. I hoped that one out of Hamilton, Livingston and Ross County would do a Dundee, but it's not looking likely. Maybe St Johnstone...

I don't think we're too far away. Just need to get the right mix up top: Obika and Mullen deserve a chance after their showing in the second half I would say.

Again though it's going to be a tough season. I hoped that one out of Hamilton, Livingston and Ross County would do a Dundee, but it's not looking likely. Maybe St Johnstone...

Agreed.
I think Mullen and Obika earned the right to start next week in place of Andreau and Obika.

Seemed to have more energy and play closer together.

Worked more as a partnership.

It really does feel like Gus Mark 2.... i just dont get the tactics first half when we have 11 players within 40 yrds of our goal. Junior is useless ... as in he cant hold up the ball for our players to move forward. Obika seems a better option with Mullen. But  that was Hearts B team and Accies played 45 mins with 10 men. Can see same tactics as we dont have players who can make space in the box...