Gloomy or Hopeful?

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

It really does feel like Gus Mark 2.... i just dont get the tactics first half when we have 11 players within 40 yrds of our goal. Junior is useless ... as in he cant hold up the ball for our players to move forward. Obika seems a better option with Mullen. But  that was Hearts B team and Accies played 45 mins with 10 men. Can see same tactics as we dont have players who can make space in the box...

Pretty close to the mark, imo, DJ. The ball isn't being held up to allow runners from midfield to join in. Our wide players tend to cut inside and end up shooting from distance or making another cross field pass. 

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

It really does feel like Gus Mark 2.... i just dont get the tactics first half when we have 11 players within 40 yrds of our goal. Junior is useless ... as in he cant hold up the ball for our players to move forward. Obika seems a better option with Mullen. But  that was Hearts B team and Accies played 45 mins with 10 men. Can see same tactics as we dont have players who can make space in the box...

The big difference is Gus, and I wasn't a fan, did get results.

We're playing negatively and the only slight positive is we're not getting pumped..........................points are all that matter. 

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The big difference is Gus, and I wasn't a fan, did get results.

We're playing negatively and the only slight positive is we're not getting pumped..........................points are all that matter. 

Obviously points matter. A very big difference when the bottom half of the league looks like it might be the tightest for some years. No doubt about it though that the 3 points from winning make a big difference. Looking at where we would be in the league right now had we won just one of those drawn games illustrates that. 7 or 8th. Great, competitive fixtures in the season ahead. To be relished, rather than worried over. 

Edited by St.Ricky