Junior Morais

This guy seems to be the latest in a long line of truly awful strikers we have had in the Premiership. Almost all our best chances in recent matches have fallen to him whether it be 1 on 1's or crosses he hasn't connected properly with. He also cant seem to run and control the ball at the same time. The ball doesn't stick when played up to him and I haven't seen him win a header yet. Mullen and Obika did more in 2 minutes than he did in the previous 75. He seemed to be trying too hard on his debut now he just seems sluggish.

We can only live in hope that he will significantly improve but I remember thinking that about Ball, Bahooken , Marwood etc etc in recent times.  He needs to be given a rest to brush up on his game in training.

4 minutes ago, The Bishop said:

This guy seems to be the latest in a long line of truly awful strikers we have had in the Premiership. Almost all our best chances in recent matches have fallen to him whether it be 1 on 1's or crosses he hasn't connected properly with. He also cant seem to run and control the ball at the same time. The ball doesn't stick when played up to him and I haven't seen him win a header yet. Mullen and Obika did more in 2 minutes than he did in the previous 75. He seemed to be trying too hard on his debut now he just seems sluggish.

We can only live in hope that he will significantly improve but I remember thinking that about Ball, Bahooken , Marwood etc etc in recent times.  He needs to be given a rest to brush up on his game in training.

Pretty negative first post :wink:

A counter attacking team needs pace and support he didn't get much

Valid- he looks overweight, but so did Shankland so no doubt we will get shot of him and he will score 40 goals for Dundee  next season.#

7 minutes ago, The Bishop said:

Thing is, he probably is doing well in training hence being front of the pecking order. 

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Pretty negative first post :wink:

A counter attacking team needs pace and support he didn't get much

Valid- he looks overweight, but so did Shankland so no doubt we will get shot of him and he will score 40 goals for Dundee  next season.#

He is not overweight he is muscle- bound.

4 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Big tommo summed it up perfectly on TV when he said "when he gets ball you dont get excited or feel he gonna do anything "basically saying there more chance of him falling on his arse or hitting a aeroplane rather than score...so far..absolutely horrendous start to his buds career 

There's no doubt that he hasn't made the impact either he or the club would have liked. The comment earlier that he is probably doing well in training makes sense. I commented on Saturday that I felt he was trying too hard. He is a willing runner but for the moment, that's all he brings. However, if his presence spurs Danny on to a good run then good. 

There's no doubt that he hasn't made the impact either he or the club would have liked. The comment earlier that he is probably doing well in training makes sense. I commented on Saturday that I felt he was trying too hard. He is a willing runner but for the moment, that's all he brings. However, if his presence spurs Danny on to a good run then good. 
When I was training I had time to light up a cig and smoke it.
Shite is shite. And as it stands, he's shite.

Certainly not a striker who can play the one man role up front but who is ? It's a thankless task. Defence is good but something will need to change to get more bodies forward if you are playing one striker. Seen quite a few times we had lose balls in the Hearts penalty box with no Saints players ready to pounce.  

From what I have seen, his game is about coming short for the ball, then use his low centre of gravity to turn the defender and get a run at goal. The problem is he comes short and leaves no-one up, so the ball just comes back at us. A bit unfair to judge him on two games playing a role he's not suited for.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

From what I have seen, his game is about coming short for the ball, then use his low centre of gravity to turn the defender and get a run at goal. The problem is he comes short and leaves no-one up, so the ball just comes back at us. A bit unfair to judge him on two games playing a role he's not suited for.

What role he isn't suited for? Striker?

I think we need to be more cautious in recruiting from League 2 in England. They may get paid well down there but Sam Foley aside the quality doesn't seem to be far removed from the V9 Academy!

49 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What role he isn't suited for? Striker?

I think we need to be more cautious in recruiting from League 2 in England. They may get paid well down there but Sam Foley aside the quality doesn't seem to be far removed from the V9 Academy!

Harry Davis was a decent signing from that level too to be fair. His goalscoring record isnt that bad for a guy in and out of starting lineups. 

The jury is out on our front two I agree, though have we given them a decent run of playing together? 

So far, it just doesn't seem to work with Morias as the lone striker. Did Hasselbaink (similar build to Morias) not play with big Thommohawk upfront when he was with us? A little and large partnership may be the answer.

Alternatively i'd like to see us start with both Durmus and McAllister on the wings, with a target man in either Cooke or Obika to deliver crosses in to. 

19 hours ago, The Bishop said:

A brush might be a good idea from what i've seen so far,, give the stands a wee clean,  Seriously though,  don't think both Obika or Junior are any improvement on what we already had in Danny or Cody, still a bit too early to write them off as poor signings as the service to them is really poor, Paul McGinn's final ball on Saturday was as bad as i've ever seen it.  it's maybe time to bring back Stephen McGinn ( if his fitness has improved ) 

I also think young Cameron Breadner should be giving his chance now,  lets see what he can do 

Bahoken the full Cameroon international with 3 goals in his 10 caps !!!

Bahoken was a complete nightmare. One of our most disappointing signings ever. The penny can drop later for some players especially when they are young. Shankland and Ross Stewart good recent examples. The reality tho is Morais ain't in the youth bracket. We need strikers who can operate at this level now.

18 minutes ago, The Bishop said:

Bahoken was a complete nightmare. One of our most disappointing signings ever. The penny can drop later for some players especially when they are young. Shankland and Ross Stewart good recent examples. The reality tho is Morais ain't in the youth bracket. We need strikers who can operate at this level now.

Can't argue with what you say. His job is to lead the line and score. So far, I am not impressed but some strikers are "streak" players. I hope he is and goes on a scoring streak soon and proves those of us who doubt him wrong.