Missed The Pony?

4 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

It’s a sad indictment of Scottish Football that Clarke has to take a championship level player into the squad - he isn’t top flight material

We just don't produce top quality strikers- its in the Genes apparently

Not to mention, midfielders, backs or Goalies ……………….

Not been impressed with Clarke , I think we should sack him and install Ian McCall,:wink:

22 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/jm1whD_-BK3Q7COh2AJ4sWlxS7-jU4ad0g_ssqb-gd4/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3L6TDNFNC%2F20191001%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20191001T134722Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=AgoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEPv%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIEhh%2FNkmVqdiQnVI%2BgBhVIIVRdezzOjxkiDeoH%2BczgnRAiEA2kxJNYxEDrjUXhOlLyjMKeCRMIKwHvD3IeJAMlvLhqEq4wMI1P%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FARACGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDIQVeeMOXG2c%2FyRqlCq3A40zrvX2oXHPoVihLdThwwyJTfmf68ZcDWXaqNQVtPEXiEDuiBebM0Sb90OZcUawznArxcwWmmGGKxY5ynxQLOQ12fpgVncSbnEo1Z%2BUNnPb%2FRo1v2CHc44J7CocU3%2FyvG6dzFGFW12Qr69bcgC9JdDqD8m69EtX71LrlGo36%2BZYrstv2yJFcOyHrelEIFoDpArspEZBOaJFTarqsw3mOy7mG1eGMNMpkLVg6lyvX3euL5%2Bpof1h7LtFEJFBGDSR3OpF5%2FAzlaUv59Gahzb%2BzM22L1XhWhQYAZQd5APCkpQuzzaA4FhEgdEM7LRyCQ%2FWmSMz6AZfl7l42fLTJPgSSpTfAATAh3Hd8DqPOwli2yUFHOEbkFbVml5jixpP47mNbxsWGmt8cOiI0f7dD2qvE4zJPJrPt5Bn2D1n%2FuxNO7tM1c58wG5NZGm%2Bcu%2FZpUbksOHAk45Fo4TZ%2BL7D4CJwIre%2F4YZwEbGZooR%2BdaaWnDECTvUIXOU%2FgT8gTH3Q14StjyL3WpeaPbIIY%2FMFRzbvA90hJTu3TuQ7GuJyyQYVHNCp1SOLVxn7b3i%2FKYY1HaYLLs8F7haN%2BEIw99HM7AU6tAFjYdU6OCko8QDjviiDVQkBNBximlPPvk%2BX%2F3ZdPCa4aPkNaLQULlOgVJRGsRmMBh%2FjN7NQge8TVCwQTCWpZK3Z1LmrzES9Dxs2PWHSWiwkWTq%2B10hxUnZseWJ%2BDGB51Gxb%2BaiYFuU7l98uvu0bxEh1kZwQB4iIXyN23zwj9K%2FFVye%2FqmCkrFsJ85C5bs%2FCTvf%2Bej4K1qkr9EE1ryO0%2BNfaeP%2Bw66KOwZ6lrDj%2BNj8cZnsAIUo%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=cf395230a4f29a505e9641b44a097af8aedce502f1c949760cef707bc47639ba

Cool

3 hours ago, guinness said:

If he had come to us and not scored in his first couple of matches the crowd would have been on his back immediately. He could have been destroyed by it and ended up the fat lad he was last time with us. Better for him to give us a wide berth.

And him us. 

Usual LPM stirring and catching a few biters... totally pointless thread.  IF's and BUTs from a total BUTT

We could also have a thread saying we that should have kept Ross Stewart the striker (maybe we do)... but decisions are made rightly or wrongly without hindsight … and then smart ar*ses can make a mountain by looking back as if they knew all along...

Personally I liked RS and thought he was one for the future, but I could have been wrong, and we were in such a "Stubbs mess" at the time, and were offered money for him - so we took it... that's football. Shankland was not anywhere near good enough in his last stint with us and beyond that we did not sign him...

Let's see if he makes it ever in the Premiership - RS has arrived...

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Tbh I'm more annoyed about Mooy and Mahrez. 

Trouble being a St, Mirren fan is we mostly have to look back for the better players cause there aren't too many superstars in the team at the time...

The best player's most likely to move on, and to move on to a higher level... unless we do a Man U from a long time ago and unearth a whole team of super youths, then this is our lot for the foreseeable future.

For me the issues now are survival this season and progress - 10th or better. To do that we need to win games . . . :magic

Guest TPAFKATS
Assuming they will be an other village idiot on the Morton page on P&B banging on about not signing him   [emoji38]
Since he was never our player, assume the Dons fans will be raging as well for releasing him     [emoji38]
Dons fans are pretty much raging at everything just now [emoji1]

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Trouble being a St, Mirren fan is we mostly have to look back for the better players cause there aren't too many superstars in the team at the time...

The best player's most likely to move on, and to move on to a higher level... unless we do a Man U from a long time ago and unearth a whole team of super youths, then this is our lot for the foreseeable future.

For me the issues now are survival this season and progress - 10th or better. To do that we need to win games . . . :magic

I wasn't really. 

17 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Usual LPM stirring and catching a few biters... totally pointless thread.  IF's and BUTs from a total BUTT

We could also have a thread saying we that should have kept Ross Stewart the striker (maybe we do)... but decisions are made rightly or wrongly without hindsight … and then smart ar*ses can make a mountain by looking back as if they knew all along...

Personally I liked RS and thought he was one for the future, but I could have been wrong, and we were in such a "Stubbs mess" at the time, and were offered money for him - so we took it... that's football. Shankland was not anywhere near good enough in his last stint with us and beyond that we did not sign him...

Let's see if he makes it ever in the Premiership - RS has arrived...

Shankland scored 10 from 31 in his first season.

The next season 0 from 17 in a honking team.

10 from 48, wish we had someone that was that shite right now. 

40 minutes ago, norman said:

I have no idea what you are expecting from me here seeing as how you've posted a huge scrambled link that doesn't work and seem to think you are making some killer point with it.

On my PC its Utds accounts that show a 3.4m turnover- Point being - they are not a big club, they just like doing sustainable debt, however if they don't go up this year, they are in shit

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

NONE OF WHICH WERE AT THIS LEVEL - YOU DUMB ! (Don't answer that in case you incriminate your dumb ASS self)   🤡

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

NONE OF WHICH WERE AT THIS LEVEL - YOU DUMB ! (Don't answer that in case you incriminate your dumb ASS self)   🤡

You said he wasn't anywhere good enough...............................:lol:

What about the current dummy you're touting..............................9th August............"Obika will get goals (plural) in the next month . . . watch this space !! :hammer

1 hour ago, munoz said:

He won't be anywhere near the starting line up. Picked for the experience I imagine.  

Our strikers are that shite it wouldn’t surprise me if Shankland ended up playing.

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The thing is the 0 from 17 made it look like there was just no point in extending his loan spell. Our fans are already pouncing on Obika and Morais for not scoring, and they haven’t have 17 games yet to do so. Tbh, at the time I didn’t care Shankland had his loan terminated early, and his next loan destination was Morton.

Why are we continuing to roll out a thread about a player that has never been ours all because he is scoring goals at a level below where we are. Who said it was a straight shoot out between him and McAllister to attempt to bring in during the summer? It is wide spread in tbe media and also reported by his previous manager that there were clubs down south and in our league that showed interest. He choose UTD and if as reported the wage over the contract and sign on fee are correct there are very few clubs in our league could match that maybe 5 at best and 1 of them let him go. 2 others are now being quoted£2m for him. By his own admission it didnt work whilst on loan to us and given it is more to do with service to the front man(men) that helps with goals which we are not very good at for now. If we did put all our eggs in that basket and was signed how long before loads of keyboard managers were on his back for doing exactly what others are doingjust now for us failing to score. Im sure the author of the thread would be one of if not the first to bang that drum.

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You said he wasn't anywhere good enough...............................:lol:

What about the current dummy you're touting..............................9th August............"Obika will get goals (plural) in the next month . . . watch this space !! :hammer

Anger in your head preventing you to READ PROPERLY - Here it is just for you - a direct quote "Shankland was not anywhere near good enough in his last stint with us

Also I said "Let's see if he makes it ever in the Premiership" so talking about how great he is in a lower division is not any sort of comparison...

Keep trying though - you excel at that  🤡

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The fact the we or others clubs released him or that he wasn't our player isn't relevant to LPM's point. Indeed, the fact that he was ever with us is irrelevant.

The point is that LPM advocated that we sign him in the summer from Ayr United when he was available instead of spending cash on other players.

So what your saying is that LMP knows more about why to sign players than every other manager in the league    :lol: