Missed The Pony?

Evidence for what - I'm not the one claiming we could have signed him !!!
Change the record ffs
The evidence for the six figure this, and six figure that you claim Shankland is on in the Scottish Championship ffs..
Think for a second... you are talking the wages for one player that some championship clubs allocate for the whole squad!

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The evidence for the six figure this, and six figure that you claim Shankland is on in the Scottish Championship ffs..
Think for a second... you are talking the wages for one player that some championship clubs allocate for the whole squad!

Shanks has plenty of options to go elsewhere. You making an assumption we didn’t try to get him & that he would want to come to us is very likely nonsense. Same as the majority if not all of your anti-SMFC posts. 

834C3BFD-42B5-4A44-8E6F-1673A4A4AA74.png

Eh ? Six figure whit ? Who posted that, certainly not me, your hearing voices again !

Guest TPAFKATS
United had at least 4 players on 4k a week last season. Its reasonable to state they have a number of players earning at least 100k a year.

Your the loonball making all the claims, I have nothing at all I need to "back up". I'd stop digging that hole now If I were you. Take a deep breath, go back and read your opening post then step away from the keypad, it's for your own good !

Still no evidence to back up your claims that a club that brought in Ferdinand, Hammil and Jackson outside the transfer window couldn't afford to pay a guy from Ayr Utd,,!
Can you see how some may view that assertion?

Missed the pony (possibly) - but we weren't the only club to do so.

What pisses me off is that Dundee Utd. seem to be a fashionable club still - is Shankland start any or much better than lest season when he was with Ayr or Gavin Reilly's when he was with us two seasons ago.

Shankland has had a good start to the season in a big team in a weak division - an international call up seems way OTT to me.

18 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

What pisses me off is that Dundee Utd. seem to be a fashionable club still - is Shankland start any or much better than lest season when he was with Ayr or Gavin Reilly's when he was with us two seasons ago.

Shankland has had a good start to the season in a big team in a weak division - an international call up seems way OTT to me.

Bang on. I said more or less the same on the Scotland thread.  

If we were sitting top of the Championship and Shankland had scored the same amount of goals for us, would he have been selected? 

Would he f**k.

The call up is a bit of a free hit for Clarke. He's conceded we wont qualify thru the group, he needs a goalscorer and he,s got two games to see if Shanks is up to it. If not, well he,s off the hook for not trying the man in form.
If it works he,s a genius and part of the Shankland rehab success story. Bit like we could have been.

Shankland deserves his place on the national squad. He has clearly got his act together since leaving us. He is doing well for Utd as they play to his strengths. Would he score as many for us that is the question. I doubt it. We are not creating enough. McAllister, Durmus and Magennis have to do more in setting up the front players. Do we miss McGinn? Yes for games against Accies or County where we can attack more but no against Rangers or Celtic where his inability to track back and defend is obvious. Shankland has moved on we need to look at what we have and how to get them scoring instead of what could have been. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The call up is a bit of a free hit for Clarke. He's conceded we wont qualify thru the group, he needs a goalscorer and he,s got two games to see if Shanks is up to it. If not, well he,s off the hook for not trying the man in form.
If it works he,s a genius and part of the Shankland rehab success story. Bit like we could have been.

You need to try and let it go. It will end up destroying you. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, munoz said:
You need to try and let it go. It will end up destroying you. 

Not me, but perhaps the people who paid to bring a permanently injured player back, instead of the country's top scorer?

Not permanently injured or he would not have game time maybe gets more injuriesthan others. And if there were other premier league teams in for Shanks who says he would have come back to us as in his own words it didnt work out for him esp 2nd time. Given we arw struggling to supply the strikers we have there is no way he would be anywhere near as prolific as is now and at a level above what he is playing at So how long before the moans and groans came out that he wasnt cutting it "again" . A clearly weaker league part time teams and the only team he has faced as in a team challenging he hit a blank. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, Lord Pityme said:

With Shankland now having scored three times more goals than our whole team by September!, being touted for a full Scotland debut as well as tracked by the OF and clubs down south...

How does the decision to splash out on signing McAllister stack up, given in his own words he expects to be carrying his injury/ fitness problems for as long as he plays?

Wasn't it obvious who we should have signed?

He didn't want to sign for us. 

Not permanently injured or he would not have game time maybe gets more injuriesthan others. And if there were other premier league teams in for Shanks who says he would have come back to us as in his own words it didnt work out for him esp 2nd time. Given we arw struggling to supply the strikers we have there is no way he would be anywhere near as prolific as is now and at a level above what he is playing at So how long before the moans and groans came out that he wasnt cutting it "again" . A clearly weaker league part time teams and the only team he has faced as in a team challenging he hit a blank. 
The lad McAllister has said he expects to carry his groin injury for as long as he plays.

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You mean he didn't get an offer he would accept!
Word is it will cost clubs £2m to prise him from the Arabs in January. If true that is a shambolic mistake on our part. Cant see any offer coming in for McAllister in January or anytime.

For your claim it’s a mistake on our part to hold weight you need to have evidence of: 

1. We didn’t try/ want to sign him 

2. He had an interest in coming back to us over United & would have if we approached.

You have provided neither & just embarrass yourself by asking for evidence from others when you don’t follow the same standards. 

Also your digs at Mccalister are as poor as your ‘constantly injured’ claim, they’re completely unrelated points & Goodwin confirmed mccalister was ‘fully fit’ when he signed. 

St Mirren fan my arse. 

Edited by bazil85