Missed The Pony?

Quote by Dun Utd Sporting Director BBC website
"Contrary to suggestions, the package did not make him the highest earner at Tannadice. "I can tell you, money wasn't his main driver," Ashgar said. "Lawrence had offers - no doubt - but Robbie sold him what we are doing. He wants to develop into a top player and we believe that, with the coaching staff and the data we have, we can get him to that point."

Oh dear that's not going to play well with those who insist he's on millions in the championship. Lol.... seems he just thought we were pish?

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You mean he didn't get an offer he would accept!
Word is it will cost clubs £2m to prise him from the Arabs in January. If true that is a shambolic mistake on our part. Cant see any offer coming in for McAllister in January or anytime.

How do you know we didnt where is the proof. If  we did make a competitive offer who is to say he would have accepted it. NO one knows if we did ir didn't except the board so all just conjecture without any substance either way. Time to put this thread to bed he is not our player never has been had a garbage 2nd stint at us at a lower level. Its irrelevant comparing stats between 2 divisions  a few part time teams in there a few diddy teams inc the doon the water mob. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

People really don't like having our failings pointed out. Dearly me the collective seethe just for highlighting we should have had our shirt on the pony!

You continually ask other to provide proof of anything they say that doesnt fit your smfc bashing agenda looking back over this thread you have done this at various points and yet you just jump on morale high ground if asked to substantiate your claims and again you do the same when asked to provide proof he didnt like the offer we presented. It is clear you have a major issue with McAllister even though as pointed out OUR manager advised fully fit when signed.  Are you at some point going to come up with proof to your claims 

On 10/1/2019 at 9:26 AM, Lord Pityme said:

With Shankland now having scored three times more goals than our whole team by September!, being touted for a full Scotland debut as well as tracked by the OF and clubs down south...

How does the decision to splash out on signing McAllister stack up, given in his own words he expects to be carrying his injury/ fitness problems for as long as he plays?

Wasn't it obvious who we should have signed?

That post of yours boils my piss.  Well it would but you know......

My piss has been boiled, boiled it has been indeed

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Another mention by the Haddie. He is obsessed with me. Is this healthy? 

No, it's not. The behaviour of the two of you is not healthy.

Far Away has already been warned, so he's out.
You can spend some time in the bin.

You continually ask other to provide proof of anything they say that doesnt fit your smfc bashing agenda looking back over this thread you have done this at various points and yet you just jump on morale high ground if asked to substantiate your claims and again you do the same when asked to provide proof he didnt like the offer we presented. It is clear you have a major issue with McAllister even though as pointed out OUR manager advised fully fit when signed.  Are you at some point going to come up with proof to your claims 

Contrary to suggestions, the package did not make him the highest earner at Tannadice. "I can tell you, money wasn't his main driver," Ashgar said. "Lawrence had offers - no doubt - but Robbie sold him what we are doing. He wants to develop into a top player and we believe that, with the coaching staff and the data we have, we can get him to that point."

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Contrary to suggestions, the package did not make him the highest earner at Tannadice. "I can tell you, money wasn't his main driver," Ashgar said. "Lawrence had offers - no doubt - but Robbie sold him what we are doing. He wants to develop into a top player and we believe that, with the coaching staff and the data we have, we can get him to that point."

Thats just dragging up old news i have never said he was the highest earner at their club and i read article he said the bit in brackets not the bit at the start regards contrary. Whats your point you said he was made an offer he didint like PROOF PLEASE.  Direct quote from DUFC official site at the signing

Sporting Director Tony Asghar said, "I identified Lawrence as a player who fits the profile we pursue. It has taken a bit of patience, but I am pleased to bring one of the top, developing goalscorers in Scottish football to Dundee United. He had lots of offers, but the vision we offered appealed to his hunger to succeed as a player. He will help us greatly in our Championship challenge and more."

You said we should have signed him  instead of McAllister given the likes of Sunderland were interested and UTD beat the likes of Hull not to mention other SPFL clubs whats to say he would have joined us. 

Dundee United have revealed they have made an offer to free agent centre-forward Lawrence Shankland, a player the Black Cats would also like to sign

Championship sides Hull City and Swansea City, both under new management this season, have also been linked with a move

You say he has scored more already than our entire team which is true at a lower lever if this is what we base it on why not bang the Dobbie drum or Rory McAllister at Peterhead. Ah wait it doesnt suit the agenda ? 

Thats just dragging up old news i have never said he was the highest earner at their club and i read article he said the bit in brackets not the bit at the start regards contrary. Whats your point you said he was made an offer he didint like PROOF PLEASE.  Direct quote from DUFC official site at the signing
 Sporting Director Tony Asghar said, "I identified Lawrence as a player who fits the profile we pursue. It has taken a bit of patience, but I am pleased to bring one of the top, developing goalscorers in Scottish football to Dundee United. He had lots of offers, but the vision we offered appealed to his hunger to succeed as a player. He will help us greatly in our Championship challenge and more."
You said we should have signed him  instead of McAllister given the likes of Sunderland were interested and UTD beat the likes of Hull not to mention other SPFL clubs whats to say he would have joined us. 
Dundee United have revealed they have made an offer to free agent centre-forward Lawrence Shankland, a player the Black Cats would also like to sign
Championship sides Hull City and Swansea City, both under new management this season, have also been linked with a move
You say he has scored more already than our entire team which is true at a lower lever if this is what we base it on why not bang the Dobbie drum or Rory McAllister at Peterhead. Ah wait it doesnt suit the agenda ? 
Smfc were Interested in Shankland, I guess the cash all went on another catastrophic employee relationship fail when Oran got paid off, and Shanks probably thought we looked clueless... again?
Now can you see why it was so hard, and took so long to recruit the bare bones of a squad? Players could see the turmoil we were in and lacking credible leadership. That's what attracted Shanks to the arabs Neilson and his team could help him improve. We didn't have that appeal, and still dont@

Good to see you are finally seeing the light. We can't sign players who don't want to play for us no matter what. Only taken you three days and umpteen tellings mind !

Quote by Dun Utd Sporting Director BBC website
"Contrary to suggestions, the package did not make him the highest earner at Tannadice. "I can tell you, money wasn't his main driver," Ashgar said. "Lawrence had offers - no doubt - but Robbie sold him what we are doing. He wants to develop into a top player and we believe that, with the coaching staff and the data we have, we can get him to that point."

Oh dear that's not going to play well with those who insist he's on millions in the championship. Lol.... seems he just thought we were pish?

Oooft a full 360 now. Your opening post said we spent the Shankland wedge on McAllister. Now it's paying off Kearney. Give it up your a rambling wreck.

Smfc were Interested in Shankland, I guess the cash all went on another catastrophic employee relationship fail when Oran got paid off, and Shanks probably thought we looked clueless... again?
Now can you see why it was so hard, and took so long to recruit the bare bones of a squad? Players could see the turmoil we were in and lacking credible leadership. That's what attracted Shanks to the arabs Neilson and his team could help him improve. We didn't have that appeal, and still dont@

Oooft a full 360 now. Your opening post said we spent the Shankland wedge on McAllister. Now it's paying off Kearney. Give it up your a rambling wreck.
Cant you see why it took so long, and then a mad rush to recruit a squad for our first league game at Hibs? Feck me the new signings weren't even match fit, never mind capable!

On 10/1/2019 at 5:01 PM, Tommy said:
On 10/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

The fact the we or others clubs released him or that he wasn't our player isn't relevant to LPM's point. Indeed, the fact that he was ever with us is irrelevant.

The point is that LPM advocated that we sign him in the summer from Ayr United when he was available instead of spending cash on other players.

So what your saying is that LMP knows more about why to sign players than every other manager in the league    :lol:   

LPM knows more about anything than anyone; didn't you know that?  ..........shame on you. 😊

On 10/2/2019 at 3:34 AM, Lord Pityme said:
On 10/1/2019 at 9:23 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:
Eh ? Six figure whit ? Who posted that, certainly not me, your hearing voices again !

Still no evidence to back up your claims that a club that brought in Ferdinand, Hammil and Jackson outside the transfer window couldn't afford to pay a guy from Ayr Utd,,!
Can you see how some may view that assertion?

In perhaps the same way as you assert that view?  :whistle