A Step too Far ?????

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That explains it, caught a brief mention on the news earlier, didn't get the whole story.

This thread hasn't helped, till now. 

Sorry Faraway. I thought we gave you enough clues. Maybe I expected too much.

I thought I might try some sober October virtual signalling  and try a night in the virtual world but it got boring fairly quickly. Things were slow on here so I went to the pub to meet real people instead. So much more rewarding.

My mate was sitting next to me in a puffa Jacket and I said "Fecks sake Jim you look like the Michelin man." (thats the big white dude that used to advertise tyres but it didn't really work cause he's not really that fat) Thank goodness no one from kick it out heard me.

None of us in the pub were particularly PC but when we came across a less fortunate soul there were plenty of good Samaritans who clubbed in to make sure the unfortunate  who was stranded in our little town got back to Edinburgh safely. EAB and stewart Lee might even have praised us for our humanitarian efforts but then again our P's and Q's were probably in the wrong order so we'd just have been slated for being native and affluent. It's obviously our fault the poor lady was destitute. Yes she was white but it wasn't her colour it was her situation that elicited the humanitarian response.

Surely there are enough proper racists to target without picking on folk who don't really mean any harm. I get the point that Silva should set an example but surely he's allowed to respond to his mates twitter post or even rip the knitting out his MATE without a national scandal. Then again hanging him is maybe the answer.

People who have a genuine hatred of others or discriminate against them in a way that is detrimental to their well being should face the full force of the law. Maybe Silva should too. It probably should be a crime to have a laugh at anyone's expense (even if they are not bothered about it) because of the bigger picture.

Now you know the whole story faraway you can maybe help me now. You can keep me awake on social justice issues I just haven't woke up to.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Sorry Faraway. I thought we gave you enough clues. Maybe I expected too much.

I thought I might try some sober October virtual signalling  and try a night in the virtual world but it got boring fairly quickly. Things were slow on here so I went to the pub to meet real people instead. So much more rewarding.

My mate was sitting next to me in a puffa Jacket and I said "Fecks sake Jim you look like the Michelin man." (thats the big white dude that used to advertise tyres but it didn't really work cause he's not really that fat) Thank goodness no one from kick it out heard me.

None of us in the pub were particularly PC but when we came across a less fortunate soul there were plenty of good Samaritans who clubbed in to make sure the unfortunate  who was stranded in our little town got back to Edinburgh safely. EAB and stewart Lee might even have praised us for our humanitarian efforts but then again our P's and Q's were probably in the wrong order so we'd just have been slated for being native and affluent. It's obviously our fault the poor lady was destitute. Yes she was white but it wasn't her colour it was her situation that elicited the humanitarian response.

Surely there are enough proper racists to target without picking on folk who don't really mean any harm. I get the point that Silva should set an example but surely he's allowed to respond to his mates twitter post or even rip the knitting out his MATE without a national scandal. Then again hanging him is maybe the answer.

People who have a genuine hatred of others or discriminate against them in a way that is detrimental to their well being should face the full force of the law. Maybe Silva should too. It probably should be a crime to have a laugh at anyone's expense (even if they are not bothered about it) because of the bigger picture.

Now you know the whole story faraway you can maybe help me now. You can keep me awake on social justice issues I just haven't woke up to.

Thanks, nice story but TBH, you don't half talk done shite.