Best Game You've Seen Outwith St Mirren Games

faraway saint

It seems the forum fool has a rule that unless it's St Mirren or Scottish teams, especially his beloved Govan Friends, you should not be watching. :hammer

Over the years I've seen some absolutely magnificent games that have not included St Mirren.

Very difficult to say what's been the best.

A game that really turned me onto to football was the 1970 World Cup final.

Brazil v Italy, simply breathtaking. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It seems the forum fool has a rule that unless it's St Mirren or Scottish teams, especially his beloved Govan Friends, you should not be watching. :hammer

Over the years I've seen some absolutely magnificent games that have not included St Mirren.

Very difficult to say what's been the best.

A game that really turned me onto to football was the 1970 World Cup final.

Brazil v Italy, simply breathtaking. 

Were you there? 

Brazil 4 Egypt 3. Bloemfontein June 2009. Brazil scored a penalty in the 90th minute to win. The game was played at the ground of Bloemfontein Celtic. (They play in Green and White Hoops. They were established by Scots when a company from Glasgow opened a factory there. 

Roma v Lazio. Olympic Stadium in Rome about 8 years ago. More about the crowd. The Roma fans did a W7 in reverse. 17,000 at the home end entered the stadium but refused to enter the arena for 17 minutes in protest against a decision by the club not to extend the contract of their favourite player. The noise during the match was phenominal. I've been to a couple of OF games. They were quiet by comparison. 

The World Cup Opener in France was a great game to attend. Scotland 1 Brazil 2. Great support in the stadium and in Paris. Travelled by car via Hamburg. Stayed overnight in The Dutch Alps and on to Paris in my sons Alfa Romeo Spyder Convertible. Great trip. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, every thread.....................made up shite.

Div, do something about this clown. :(

Now, now

Have you been to Bloom? Have you been to Rome to watch Roma? We're you at the Brazil v Scotland game which opened the world Cup in France. I have. Come on... Share your real life experiences.. Not TV

Edited by St.Ricky

Scotland V Netherlands. Villa Park 1996. The Holt End was literally bouncing and the sound volume was fantastic. Wembley England v Scotland was also terrific.  Gary Mac had a penalty saved and Gascoigne was about to be hooked when he scored a fabulous goal. Great day out. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Might as well turn out the lights and throw away the key.

Forums fcuked, the fools allowed to ruin every thread, troll up threads from years ago simply for attention.

Tragic, bring back some mods. :wink:

Come on.. What games have you been to, not watched on TV. That's all I ask. 

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

It was a shite day in the sun.  :(

Stayed in Muswell Hill at my sons place and drove to Wembley. The day didn't finish well. We're you in the end where the Scots fans were Antrin. The noise was astounding. I recall the English fans on either side applauding us at half time. 500 miles never sounded so good. 

Edited by St.Ricky

The Glasgow Cup Final, the year Graham Souness was appointed. Davie Hay had asked me if I wanted tickets. I said yes and asked a Rangers Supporting work colleague if he wanted to go and he said yes. I didn't tell him the tickets were for the main stand but the Celtic Part. He had the last laugh on the day as Rangers won 4..2 as far as I recall. Didn't matter either way to me. DH knew I was a St Mirren Fan but that I also liked big games.  Night. Can't wait to read about the games the F Man has been to

Edited by St.Ricky