Our Greatest ever player

Ian Ferguson. :boxing

Although he wasn't with us long he did make an incredible contribution to our '87 Cup win (one of only four major trophy wins in 142  years), scoring in 4 of the 5 games - 3 of them 1 goal wins, against that I'll accept there's the manner of his departure, but I think he deserves to be thrown into the mix.

If antrin can choose Gerry Baker who only made 63 league appearances in addition to his Cup win then why not Fergie who only played 6 fewer with 57. 

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Ian Ferguson. :boxing

Although he wasn't with us long he did make an incredible contribution to our '87 Cup win (one of only four major trophy wins in 142  years), scoring in 4 of the 5 games - 3 of them 1 goal wins, against that I'll accept there's the manner of his departure, but I think he deserves to be thrown into the mix.

If antrin can choose Gerry Baker who only made 63 league appearances in addition to his Cup win then why not Fergie who only played 6 fewer with 57. 

Chosen cos of his record goal scoring feats.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Best ever 11 in our history would be a good thread. So hard to single out anyone player so  will go for Kevo's choice goal machine Mark Yardley. If only we had him now. 

Yeah , definitely too difficult to single out one player for me also. 

Our current best player is 

st-mirren-v-hamilton-academical-fc-ladbrokes-scottish-premiership-shutterstock-editorial-10236269bb.jpg

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Best ever 11 in our history would be a good thread. 

Cairters Corner did it on Twitter over the summer.

Any results would be (it was in CCs poll) skewed far too heavily in favour of recent glories of the cause.    More young folk on social media, than wise older more experienced heads.

Even some of young Cairter's favourites were excluded from the final selection. (Yardley may have figured in his...)

Just now, antrin said:

Cairters Corner did it on Twitter over the summer.

Any results would be (it was in CCs poll) skewed far too heavily in favour of recent glories for the cause.    More young folk on social media, than wise older more experienced heads.

Even some of young Cairter's favourites were excluded from the final selection. (Yardley may have figured in his...)

For me it is Tommy Gemmell, the inside forward, who came from Irvine Meadow in 1951 and played 264 games for Saints before retiring in 1962, having scored 71 goals. He only had 2 Scotland caps, against Portugal and Yugoslavia, scoring one goal against Portugal. The Scottish team at that time contained such forwards as Lawrie Reilly, Gordon Smith, Bobby Collins and Billy Liddell.

He was a member of the 1959 Scottish Cup winning team.

Edited by smcc

Guest TPAFKATS

Found this on twitter just thought i would throw it out to our supporters.

Social experiment; if you come across this post, name the person that you consider your clubs greatest ever player.
DO NOT read the replies before you comment!
Let us know your answer below [emoji116] 

Depends how you interpret the question.
Victor was probably the greatest player to wear our colours.

45 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Greatest player or personal favourites?

Not great fans of those but Shuggie Murray,Tony Fitz,Campbell Money or Cammy Murray must be in with a shout

Someone mentioned Gerry Baker scoring record i wonder if it was better than Dunky Walker

Gerry got 10 goals before going off early in a wintry Scottish cup match against Glasgow Uni.

That was his big day.

I was there.

Saints won. btw  :)

7 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Ian Munro.....what a Player, had the lot for me.

Have to agree, a full back, midfielder and winger - consistent and he knew where the goals were.  Easily the best I've seen in the 60 years I've been going to games.  My first hero was Willie Fulton who just made the game look easy.