vs The Fakes 19 October

5 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

The lack of a leader struck me as I watched most of the game against Hearts.

No one seemed capable or willing to take responsibility and push us on.

Could be a lack of confidence, who knows but we need a win, a draw isn't enough, on Saturday. 

Night night all, beddy baws. 

Which is surprising when you've got Broadfoot, Foley ,Gary Mac etc in the team. 

We're missing his leadership qualities if nothing else. 
The problem for Stephen is his lack of pace and reaction time.
It was ok I the championship against less fit teams, in the Premiership everyone he comes up against are fitter and faster.
His little double back when under pressure to buy him a yard is now a major weakness.
Who doesn't know that's his go-to decoy?
Same thing with his leadership qualities.. in the championship it was mainly all happening in front of him, we had a tight defence so he could push forward in possession.
In the Prem he is getting dispossessed in seconds, he then like the Stubbs era starts blaming it on the foreign/new players not being good enough!
He's been great for us, as we have for him, I expect he will follow Baird's path and go out on loan to the championship in January.
Foley and Flynn play ten times faster than Stephen, it's a harsh fact.

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The problem for Stephen is his lack of pace and reaction time.
It was ok I the championship against less fit teams, in the Premiership everyone he comes up against are fitter and faster.
His little double back when under pressure to buy him a yard is now a major weakness.
Who doesn't know that's his go-to decoy?
Same thing with his leadership qualities.. in the championship it was mainly all happening in front of him, we had a tight defence so he could push forward in possession.
In the Prem he is getting dispossessed in seconds, he then like the Stubbs era starts blaming it on the foreign/new players not being good enough!
He's been great for us, as we have for him, I expect he will follow Baird's path and go out on loan to the championship in January.
Foley and Flynn play ten times faster than Stephen, it's a harsh fact.

Last time we seen him in a regular run of SP games we only lost one in 10. His capability on the park seemed to work then, he was instrumental. Summary is harsh, unfounded and likely linked to when he was struggling with an injury that required a surgical fix. 

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Last time we seen him in a regular run of SP games we only lost one in 10. His capability on the park seemed to work then, he was instrumental. Summary is harsh, unfounded and likely linked to when he was struggling with an injury that required a surgical fix. 

I tent towards agreement with you rather than LPM, though I am sitting on the fence a bit about Stephen.

It could be because of injuries, his lack of fitness early season, and last season. Yet, at his best, if he still has that, he is a truly decent player.

I cannot see him being put straight into the team precisely because he is not really match fit at Premiership level. I don't think he has even played in u21 matches to help either.

So unless Flynn or Foley are out, Stephen will be on the bench, and he is only likely to get some game time if either pick up an injury or go well off form.

I don't think Flynn and Foley are the problem in our team currently. Whether Steven could add something or not, it is the broken bits that need fixing right now.

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I tent towards agreement with you rather than LPM, though I am sitting on the fence a bit about Stephen.

It could be because of injuries, his lack of fitness early season, and last season. Yet, at his best, if he still has that, he is a truly decent player.

I cannot see him being put straight into the team precisely because he is not really match fit at Premiership level. I don't think he has even played in u21 matches to help either.

So unless Flynn or Foley are out, Stephen will be on the bench, and he is only likely to get some game time if either pick up an injury or go well off form.

I don't think Flynn and Foley are the problem in our team currently. Whether Steven could add something or not, it is the broken bits that need fixing right now.

Creating and scoring goals. Massive game must win category. 

15 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

A fit Stephen, i agree. In our title winning season he was our main playmaker and one of our best players along with Lewis Morgan.

We are in the Premiership now and McGinn is not good enough. Name me one other side in the Premiership who would sign McGinn ?

So fed up reading this rubbish about McGinn. Same old junk was trotted out about Goodwin when he was done at SMFC. If he is the solution then we are down.

We need our strikers to turn up. Up till now both Obika and Morais are a mile short and its nowt to do with the midfield.

Edited by lenziebud

You must be in the bad books to get to this game, two poor teams, got a very long 90 minutes written all over it.
Although at this stage any sort of point or points is really what we need. 

Tickets arrived in the post today.
May well be a long 90mins, but not as long as the 9hr round trip !

While a draw would keep them bottom, we really need to win. And that means we must score more than them. No doubt May will score at least one so I think we’ll need three goals. Which is a huge ask the way we’ve played recently. So I’m hoping JG has some changes in personnel and formation in mind.

COYS !!

:offtopicattention seeking as usual above.

IS this a must win that many fans are suggesting - well of course not - it is only 3 points, but what a huge psychological blow it would be for the side who lose all 3 points.

We need to attack well and not be so vulnerable on the break as we were against Motherwell. Also don't need to give them a helping hand.

Get right in about them and hit them hard, 1 2 3 before they get settled...    C O Y  S   :ph34r:

11 hours ago, lenziebud said:

We are in the Premiership now and McGinn is not good enough. Name me one other side in the Premiership who would sign McGinn ?

So fed up reading this rubbish about McGinn. Same old junk was trotted out about Goodwin when he was done at SMFC. If he is the solution then we are down.

We need our strikers to turn up. Up till now both Obika and Morais are a mile short and its nowt to do with the midfield.

You're assuming that in all this time Stephen has been 100% fit and injury free. If that's the case then i agree he's probably not up to the job. 

Like Turrabuddie, I'll be making a fairly lengthy trip to the SDA on Saturday. Due to living a fair bit from Paisley now, I can't always get to home games, but this is  a vital game for us. Win and we put clear water between us and St. Johnstone; lose and we drop below them. Could also be the start of getting cut adrift considering the two games we have coming up after Saturday.

I'm a fan of Stephen McGinn but don't think this is the game to put him back in the team after such a long time out. Foley and Flynn have been working well together, so we should keep them in place at the moment. Magennis gets into good positions but needs to get his shots on target, McAllister needs to show much better form than he's been doing recently, and, of course, Mullen, Obika and Morias need to show that they deserve the title 'striker'.

Defeat is not an option, so...…..

COYS!!

1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

All the garbage about fake saints and even funnier Paisley Brazilians..........ha ha ha ha Never seen Brazil team that are crud. ha 

Probably more like "Won one game Saints v Won no games Saints".

As we're at home I hope we win, that would keep us in touch with other crap teams and give us some breathing space over this lot from Perth.

Oh you wee ray of sunshine! 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:06 PM, lenziebud said:

As above, last time we seen McGinn in a run of games in the SP we only lost one in 10 against Celtic. He was on great form and from memory played almost every minute. What's your basis for him not being good enough? 

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
13 hours ago, lenziebud said:
Does it really matter ?

Error yes. He was our marquee signing who Carries permanent fitness issues.

Nice to see a back down from "constantly injured" going in the right direction. maybe next an acknowledgement of Goodwin's "fully fit" comment. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
12 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:
Im steuggling to find anything on the official site announcing McAllister is our "marquee" signing ive not heard anyone use that since the bombscare of an idiot Stubbs used it.
Can someone point me to that announcement about McAllister 

Steuggle on buddies.

I see you would rather make light of my dyslexia as opposed to presenting a link to the article about McAllister being our " Marquee " signing. Hmmm is that because there isnt one