vs The Fakes 19 October

20 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Well I am getting married tomorrow , so if we don't take 3 points I will take it personally

Congrats Doug

A memorable occasion let's hope it's memorable for us too. It's pishing down here hope it dries up for your big day.

Here's three points.

SUPER SATURDAY

1. Big Wedding (Doug Scores)

2. Bexit sorted or thwarted (Boris or Corbyn Score)

3. Fakes doomed to relegation (Obika and Morias score)

Have a pushed it too far with point 3.  ?

Aw well,  it's coat on and off for the train.  Everyone have a great day.  See you all there.

COYS

Edited by East Lothian Saint
needed 3 points

It's time for Stephen McGinn to be brought back into the fold - either from the start or from the bench.

At his best he's worth his place and he would be busting a gut by now to prove this.

Surely he has not deteriorated so much in the past few months to justify him being denied this opportunity.

Or is there something happening behind the scenes which would explain this apparent puzzle?

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stephen McGinn back in the starting XI today but no Kyle McAllister in starting XI or bench. No Flynn either, and no wide player in the starting XI.

https://twitter.com/saintmirrenfc/status/1185537341928235008/photo/1

Kyle McAllister has a back injury. It has been discussed on here and been widely reported in the media.

Just now, gc_SMFC said:

Looks like a very narrow midfield, don't have much faith in McGinn or Foley being able to get side to side to support the full backs.

Yep, looks like a narrow diamond in midfield, a formation I don't really like due to its lack of width.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What's that got to do with Kyle McAllister?

Not been online as much and hadn't seen McAllister was injured. My first reaction to the starting XI and bench is that we might not be making the most of the limited attacking options we have at our disposal. Durmus has been inconsistent but I'd give him a run in the team in the hope he finds some of the form and confidence he showed in his first few games before Goodwin dropped him.

It's been almost 5 hours since we scored a league goal and our starting XI in a home game against the only team in the league below us suggests that we are setting out to keep things tight and with little intent to attack.