vs The Fakes 19 October

Guest TPAFKATS
3 or 4-0 wouldn't have flattered us in all honesty. St Johnstone were shockingly bad. I actually thought we took the foot off the pedal a wee bit after the second goal, it was almost too easy and players were trying a wee bit too much when we could have kept it simpler, but you can't complain. A good days work and an important 3 points.
Also, after that, I'm not sure this expected St Johnstone renaissance is coming. They looked like us under Stubbs or Rae.
They looked like us at points last season.
During the first 30 minutes or so, so did we [emoji23]

None of that matters after an overhead kick and a piece of total football resulting in 2 goals for our out of form strikers.

I for one am now rather disappointed we never signed Stevie May...

COYS!

7 minutes ago, Hands of stone said:

Tony Andrea was mom by country mile, was head and shoulders above anybody on park...

Andreu stank the place out in the first half. Better after half-time though.

Of course if I say something is black I can guarantee that you will post that it's white. You just can't control yourself, hilarious !

Your like my wee terrier following me around. 😄

Shouldn't you be back in the Bin anyway wee minicab man ?

On 10/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, Hands of stone said:

Fake Saints 0-3 StJohnstone...bore-fest as fake Paisley Saint's fail to get a shot on target, Goodwin laments player's as not clinical enough up-front..crowd of 3900...ill be out walking with dog and will check score when i come in if i can be arsed!

17 minutes ago, Hands of stone said:

Tony Andrea was mom by country mile, was head and shoulders above anybody on park...

If you were out “walking with dog”, then how do you know Andreu was head and shoulders above anybody on the park?

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

KB was our MoM.

Broadfoot has been a superb signing.

He strolled through the game.

He's a class player.

Thought after 25 minutes or so every player played their part. Although, for the most part Vaclav could have had his pipe and slippers out.

Best were the aforementioned Broadfoot, Andreu, McGinn and Waters.

Thought Obika finally showed that he can be a decent player for us, despite the ignorant dolts in our support writing him off.. Hopefully, this will continue next week.

37 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If you were out “walking with dog”, then how do you know Andreu was head and shoulders above anybody on the park?

4 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Great result against a bad team, as usual a few getting carried away.

If we don't get anything from the nest two games we'll have 8 points from 11 games.

Which is not bad for us. 

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

At last Goody tried a new formation (4-3-3) and one that does not focus on defending. Took a wee while to gel but once we scored we totally dominated.

Great to see Captain Fantastic back again and showing the leadership that has been missing.

Honestly its total delusion. McGinn being in the team today had heehaw to do with us winning. We were the poorer side in the first half. The second half was different all over the pitch and the goal gave us a massive lift. Obika started to look like what he had been brought to the club for and the confidence in his game started to show. The second goal from Mullen was class but he looked poor in the first half much better in the second. Morais looked more positive too, probably to do with the fact that we were on the front foot against a very poor St J side who lacked fight and passion.

There is no way that dropping Ryan Flynn for McGinn  is the way forward. I wouldn't drop Andreu either for him. Back on the bench Stephen and step in when needed, that's his role this season.

42 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Broadfoot has been a superb signing.

He strolled through the game.

He's a class player.

Thought after 25 minutes or so every player played their part. Although, for the most part Vaclav could have had his pipe and slippers out.

Best were the aforementioned Broadfoot, Andreu, McGinn and Waters.

Thought Obika finally showed that he can be a decent player for us, despite the ignorant dolts in our support writing him off.. Hopefully, this will continue next week.

Our defense is solid this season. Two good solid full backs and 2 quaility center backs. McLoughin is quality and its no suprise he has been picked up by Hull.

Obika has been poor overall this seaosn  but today showed and finally did what he has been brought to do. Needs to show this consistently.

Edited by lenziebud

Guest TPAFKATS
Great result against a bad team, as usual a few getting carried away.
If we don't get anything from the nest two games we'll have 8 points from 11 games.

That wouldn't be Faraway from where we are now...

Guest TPAFKATS
Our defense is solid this season. Two good solid full backs and 2 quaility center backs. McLoughin is quality and its no suprise he has been picked up by Hull.

Obika has been poor overall this seaosn  but today showed and finally did what he has been brought to do. Needs to show this consistently.

Probably Waters best game so far for us today.
Only 1 goal conceded in 5 home league games, none from open play. Finally we looked threatening at the other end as well.

Yes it was against a team at bottom on a poor run, but it's a great 3 points and we should enjoy and look to build on it.

We have enough bad times without finding negatives in the victories.

44 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

When all fit who are you putting on the bench to play McGinn ?

Flynn.

McGinn offered more today, than Flynn did in his last game IMO.

If JG goes by his usual team selection, the man in possession in a winning team will start.

Some people, with presumably selective memories, will have forgotten until up until January, Ryan Flynn was a complete impostor. 

IMO he's been pretty average this season so far.

Edited by FTOF

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Flynn.

McGinn offered more today, than Flynn did in his last game IMO.

If JG goes by his usual team selection, the man in possession in a winning team will start.

Some people, with presumably selective memories, will have forgotten until up until January, Ryan Flynn was a complete impostor. 

IMO he's been pretty average this season so far.

I guess its all opinions but personally I think Ryan Flynn has been anything but average this season.

You may be right on the next team selection, I tend to think that may happen but IMO its the wrong decision.  A wee test for JG.

8 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

Looks like a very narrow midfield, don't have much faith in McGinn or Foley being able to get side to side to support the full backs.

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

Yep, looks like a narrow diamond in midfield, a formation I don't really like due to its lack of width.

I did say we could go right through the middle of them and so we have done - 2 blinking nil ya beauty ….

I think I also named the 2 scorers too but thought we might score 3 . . . Mullen's effort on the post could have been a 3rd...

A number of our players turned up today and did the business . . .

I thought that a fit McGinn would make a difference and that's what happened, he played very efficiently and kept it simple. I like Flynn but Foley is a similar style to Flynn and Foley has been immense IMO. McGinn should start against Kilmarnock and it's up to him to play well enough to keep Flynn out.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

Kirk a real star, class in defence and that pass before P. McGinn put in the cross for Mullen's goal. (I'm sure LPM says Mullen is too wee and rubbish though! :lol)

Captain and Brother back in and showed LPM that he is still very much a Premiership quality player... played very well...

Obika's best game and his assist to Mullen should have been a goal too - instead of coming back off the post.

McLoughlin was very good today also; as was Magennis.

We made them look poor once we got in front. Monkey gone, lets take this feeling into the Killie game and hopefully come away with another 3 points and leapfrog the Hammer throwers !!     Well done team and management BRILLIAN DAY to be a real Saints fan... :turtle

8 hours ago, elvis said:

So much for being more attacking. 

8 hours ago, elvis said:

Us 1 attempt on goal off target them 6 off target 

8 hours ago, elvis said:

Should just relegate us just now. 

8 hours ago, elvis said:

That has got to be a mistake. 

7 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

An equaliser from Hamilton Accies would make it a perfect set of results.

That would put us into 8th place.

7 hours ago, elvis said:

f**king hell miracles do happen. 

one of the above genuinely supports St Mirren, I think.