vs The Fakes 19 October

Andreu stank the place out in the first half. Better after half-time though.
Of course if I say something is black I can guarantee that you will post that it's white. You just can't control yourself, hilarious !
Your like my wee terrier following me around. [emoji1]
Shouldn't you be back in the Bin anyway wee minicab man ?
Most creative players were poor for most of the first half.

In the second half, Andreau was immense! Heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Creativity. Effort. Dig. Doing the dirty stuff too when needed.
Tracked back every time and covered every blade of grass.

He and Mullen set the tone and pace of the second half that won us the match.

5 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Honestly its total delusion. McGinn being in the team today had heehaw to do with us winning. We were the poorer side in the first half. The second half was different all over the pitch and the goal gave us a massive lift. Obika started to look like what he had been brought to the club for and the confidence in his game started to show. The second goal from Mullen was class but he looked poor in the first half much better in the second. Morais looked more positive too, probably to do with the fact that we were on the front foot against a very poor St J side who lacked fight and passion.

There is no way that dropping Ryan Flynn for McGinn  is the way forward. I wouldn't drop Andreu either for him. Back on the bench Stephen and step in when needed, that's his role this season.

Do not understand why you mention dropping Andreu for Flynn or McGinn? The captain and Andreu are completely different types of player and more importantly play in different areas of the pitch.

I for one was delighted he was back in today and he proved his worth throughout the game, this was highlighted by him clearing one off the line and having a part in the second goal. (you probably cannot work this out)

My motm match was Foley, probably because he was having to do the work of two people! 

Right, i now realise i am officially the jinks and the reason why we have no won many games this season. I have attended every league game this season except the Aberdeen game and today's game due to work commitments. For everyones sake i really should stay away more often, however im sorry to report i will be at Killie next week....

3 hours ago, Bearsden buddie said:

Right, i now realise i am officially the jinks and the reason why we have no won many games this season. I have attended every league game this season except the Aberdeen game and today's game due to work commitments. For everyones sake i really should stay away more often, however im sorry to report i will be at Killie next week....

Think I can beat that, Grandson was at his first ever game today via the Panda club, got his picture taking with Captain Marvel, Danny Mullen & Ryan Flynn, Captain starts his first game of the season (Strolled it), Mullen gets his first goal and Flynn misses his first game, lol. He loved it and can't wait for the next home game. Savour the moment pal is what I should have told him, lol

10 hours ago, lenziebud said:

When all fit who are you putting on the bench to play McGinn ?

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

You’re spot on bud. When everyone is fit Flynn plays, no doubt.

‘Captain fantastic’ is a decent reserve.

It’s a great headache for the gaffer to have but as he has done so many times in the past, McGinn showed he’s instrumental to this team. 

For me, McGinn plays and we see what Goody does regarding selection. 

Was at the game and then watched it again on BBC Alba. Not a great game (ball spent too much time in the air), but definitely a great and much-needed result for the Buddies.

St. Johnstone might have been two or three up before we scored, but after Obika's great overhead kick, the Saints in blue faded badly. Heads seemed to go down, like a club at the bottom of the league. I expected them to rally at the start of the second half, but that never materialised. Buddies controlled the remainder of the game and produced the one really fluent move of the game. Great through pass from Broadfoot to McGinn. Ball crossed with pace and an outstanding controlled finish from wee Danny. Hope his injury is not too serious.

Wasn't sure about putting S. McGinn back in for such an important game, but he did fine and Flynn might not be selected next week, if fit. Andreu was a bit of a mixture, not very good in the first half, but really up for it in the second. Obika had an excellent game, even apart from his goal. Real commitment in going after everything and a fantastic leap and flick on to Mullen when wee Danny shot against the post. When Morias came on, he ran about a lot without achieving very much. Foley was very solid, settling well into the midfield. Great effort from all the others. Goodwin obviously fired them up at half-time. If it can be maintained, this form will surely have us in a safe position in the league.

Mullen given MoM on TV, but it could equally have gone to Obika or Foley.

On to Killie...….

COYS!!

4 hours ago, Bearsden buddie said:

50 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Think I can beat that, Grandson was at his first ever game today via the Panda club, got his picture taking with Captain Marvel, Danny Mullen & Ryan Flynn, Captain starts his first game of the season (Strolled it), Mullen gets his first goal and Flynn misses his first game, lol. He loved it and can't wait for the next home game. Savour the moment pal is what I should have told him, lol

Tedious Tom missed the 1959 final due to his grandsons birthday and that turned out well🐼🐼

12 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Honestly its total delusion. McGinn being in the team today had heehaw to do with us winning. We were the poorer side in the first half. The second half was different all over the pitch and the goal gave us a massive lift. Obika started to look like what he had been brought to the club for and the confidence in his game started to show. The second goal from Mullen was class but he looked poor in the first half much better in the second. Morais looked more positive too, probably to do with the fact that we were on the front foot against a very poor St J side who lacked fight and passion.

There is no way that dropping Ryan Flynn for McGinn  is the way forward. I wouldn't drop Andreu either for him. Back on the bench Stephen and step in when needed, that's his role this season.

Honestly it is total delusion on your part if you believe that McGinn did not contribute to us winning.

We were crap first 30 mins

The big yin scored a real striker goal and the team got a lift

I thought it was a poor game with one real bit of quality with our second goal

The passing,cross and movement in the box finished by a fantastic top bin

Danny Mullen doesn't do shite goals

All the ones saying McGinn strolled it that might be case as that's his pace at the moment

Our engine room still needs to do more and room for a big improvement in that department

The two positives to take from yesterday were a precious three points, and the fact that at least one team are currently worse than us.
We could have lost it in the first half if the fakes had their shooting boots on.
We will have to be markedly better against every other team in the league.
Pleased with the points, move to next week.

14 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Stephen McGinn got man of the match in the Sunday Mail. May I suggest you watch the game and not planes or gulls. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The two positives to take from yesterday were a precious three points, and the fact that at least one team are currently worse than us.
We could have lost it in the first half if the fakes had their shooting boots on.
We will have to be markedly better against every other team in the league.
Pleased with the points, move to next week.

We could easily been 4 up. But hey that's being positive.  

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We could easily been 4 up. But hey that's being positive.  

Before we scored we looked as if we were heading for another defeat.

Being positive is good but think you're getting carried away IOBS.I still cant believe the St J player put that one by the post from close range.

Anyway,victory from the jaws of defeat is pleasing.

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

Before we scored we looked as if we were heading for another defeat.

Being positive is good but think you're getting carried away IOBS.I still cant believe the St J player put that one by the post from close range.

Anyway,victory from the jaws of defeat is pleasing.

Tell me any St Mirren fan who gets carried away..  Stand by what I said Mullen hit the inside post. Who was it that was through instead of scoring himself passed the ball. 

Great result. As others have said. The first half until we scored we were second best. After we scored we got a big boost and went on to stroll the game. There was only going to be one particular side winning the match. I though S. McGinn made a big difference. He seems to make time for himself and hardly put a foot wrong. Getting his foot in to defend high. Broadfoot was immense and the through pass to P. McGinn was exquisite. The strikers took their goals like, well, strikers. Who'd have thunk it? As my grandson said during the game. St. Johnstone seemed to give up. No fire. No determination to put us under pressure. Something is not Wright up in Perth! Still. We did what we had to do and did it well.

Edited by stlucifer

Great result. As others have said. The first half until we scored we were second best. After we scored we got a big boost and went on to stroll the game. There was only going to be one particular side winning the match. I though S. McGinn made a big difference. He seems to make time for himself and hardly put a foot wrong. Getting his foot in to defend high. Broadfoot was immense and the through pass to P. McGinn was exquisite. The strikers took their goals like, well, strikers. Who'd have thunk it? As my grandson said during the game. St. Johnstone seemed to give up. No fire. No determination to put us under pressure. Something is not Wright up in Perth! Still. We did what we had to do and did it well.

The fake players body language after we scored the second was very telling, all back In Position, very quiet waiting for us to get back into our own half for KO.