vs The Fakes 19 October

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Before we scored we looked as if we were heading for another defeat.

Being positive is good but think you're getting carried away IOBS.I still cant believe the St J player put that one by the post from close range.

Anyway,victory from the jaws of defeat is pleasing.

If our forwards can be shite, why shouldn't other team's?

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Tell me any St Mirren fan who gets carried away..  Stand by what I said Mullen hit the inside post. Who was it that was through instead of scoring himself passed the ball. 

We could've been 2 or 3-0 down before we went 1-0 up mate.Do you only watch the end SMFC are attacking?

10 minutes ago, HSS said:

We could've been 2 or 3-0 down before we went 1-0 up mate.Do you only watch the end SMFC are attacking?

Until our first goal I watched two nervous teams. After our first goal St Mirren were the better team by quite some distance.  EDIT Just checked the game stats on BBC. St Johnstone had 2 shoots on target whe whole game. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

7 minutes ago, HSS said:

Hladky didn't have a single meaningful save to make in the entire match.

St. Johnstone, for all their territory in the first half hour and attacking intent, carved out one clear cut chance and the guy on the end of it knocked it wide when it was easier to score.

It's hardly a victory from the jaws of defeat when you're the better side for two thirds of the match.

Tell me any St Mirren fan who gets carried away..  Stand by what I said Mullen hit the inside post. Who was it that was through instead of scoring himself passed the ball. 

Axel Foley,lol

Probably my only negative comment on Foley so far this season, a couple times he should/could have shot but always looks to pass. Still think he has been a bargain find though

Until our first goal I watched two nervous teams. After our first goal St Mirren were the better team by quite some distance.  EDIT Just checked the game stats on BBC. St Johnstone had 2 shoots on target whe whole game. 

Pretty much how I saw the game . Thought we were set up not to lose today . Broadfoot probably our best player , though there were a few decent performers , Flynn won't walk straight back into the team when he returns , he will have to sit on the bench and wait for his chance , the same way Stephen McGinn had to . I do though think Flynn will be excellent coming off the bench and supporting the midfield . Great result , onwards and upwards .

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Four up..? Behave yourself. We scored against thr run of play, then improved as the fakes weakened. Like I said the good news is there is at least one team worse than us currently.
Let's see what we get from Killie, Celtic and an improved Hearts.

Oh right we won because St Johnstone were bad here was me thinking over the 90min we were the better team. Thank you for pointing that out. On a more serious note. Why not enjoy the win after all they dont come along as often as we like. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Doesn’t seem to get much attention but I thought McLoughlin was excellent today. Great player.

Agreed, I saw him doing his Sunday shop earlier, in and out in 15 minutes, no drama, no f**king about.

Facetiousness aside though, I agree. He was excellent yesterday. He took a bit of stick after the Livi and Ross County games but he's looked good since.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Anyway,victory from the jaws of defeat is pleasing.

🤣🤣

FFS HSS, has LPM stolen your login?

That game could not have been further from fitting the description “victory from the jaws of defeat”. At what point in that match were we even remotely close to the jaws of defeat?

We survived 2 or 3 half decent chances in the first half hour, scored and then totally dominated the rest of the match against an utterly guff team.. We were 2-0 up and cruising with half an hour to go FFS. 🤣

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

🤣🤣

FFS HSS, has LPM stolen your login?

That game could not have been further from fitting the description “victory from the jaws of defeat”. At what point in that match were we even remotely close to the jaws of defeat?

We survived 2 or 3 half decent chances in the first half hour, scored and then totally dominated the rest of the match against an utterly guff team.. We were 2-0 up and cruising with half an hour to go FFS. 🤣

Indeed, as I pointed out yesterday at HT, St.J had a couple of half chances, that, bar one fairly routine save, didn't even trouble Hladky.

Against Motherwell, we couldn't have complained if we had been three or four down at half time, as we were torn a new one. Yesterday, was entirely different.

45 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Doesn’t seem to get much attention but I thought McLoughlin was excellent today. Great player.

Best outfield player at the club. Great future ahead of him and no surprise that he is with a English Championship club on long term deal. I think he's good enough for the Championship already and doubt we will have him  post Jan

S McGinn in the first half saw most of his passes go either square or back with precious little going forward.  Certainly improved in the second half.  I thought when Morias came on he played the best game so far as he was a constant threat on the left providing decent and dangerous crosses.

I hope all those who in the past discounted Mullen as a goalscorer will now give the guy some credit.

18 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

S McGinn in the first half saw most of his passes go either square or back with precious little going forward.  Certainly improved in the second half.  I thought when Morias came on he played the best game so far as he was a constant threat on the left providing decent and dangerous crosses.

I hope all those who in the past discounted Mullen as a goalscorer will now give the guy some credit.

100% Mullen can hit a ball sweetly with the right balls he will score. My number one striker works his cotton socks off. 

The first goal was always going to crucial with two teams understandably low on confidence. We got it and went on to win comfortably. St Johnstone may well play worse than they did in the first half next week and win.

FWIW for all those bizarrely wishing to overlook McGinn’s contribution I suggest going back and watching the 90 mins again. After a quiet opening 30 mins (as with the rest of the team) he played a significant role working the ball through the middle and was always available to take it from the defence. He also didn’t give possession away once.

I liked the balance between him and Foley (who seemed to get further upfield yesterday) and this will give Goodwin a nice selection headache for next week if Flynn is fit.

If there is any chance whatsoever of extending his loan till the end of the season, I'd be doing everything possible to make that happen.

Surely it benefits him and his parent club to have regular play at a top level?

He is a find.

So much so, Popescu isn't missed!

He was superb yesterday. Solid.

14 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

If there is any chance whatsoever of extending his loan till the end of the season, I'd be doing everything possible to make that happen.

Surely it benefits him and his parent club to have regular play at a top level?

He is a find.

So much so, Popescu isn't missed!

He was superb yesterday. Solid.

Depends on the player and his home club of course, then us. I'd expect as he is playing each week he is likely to want to stay on. His club have to decide if he is making progress or whether they can improve him more back at their place or out on loan elsewhere, but overall, unless we have another CB lined up for coming in during January, it is looking like we will want him to stay on.

He's had a couple of ropey games, but is usually very good and adds something all over the park . . .  :bounce2

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Me too, I think he'll do well when he goes back to Hull. He's a much better standard of player than guys like Lyons, Jones, Willock and Dreyer and other guys we've had on loan from similar teams.

Oh right we won because St Johnstone were bad here was me thinking over the 90min we were the better team. Thank you for pointing that out. On a more serious note. Why not enjoy the win after all they dont come along as often as we like. 
Who is not enjoying the win. Ffs get a grip. Even the manager Is saying "don't get carried away" with beating the fakes, they are currently as far as we know the only team worse than us.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Who is not enjoying the win. Ffs get a grip. Even the manager Is saying "don't get carried away" with beating the fakes, they are currently as far as we know the only team worse than us.

Hibs and Hearts are currently worse than us also.

Edited by munoz

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Carried away ? Seriously? We won a game it could be a wee while before the next one. You be miserable I'm savouring the moment. Half full glass. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Carried away ? Seriously? We won a game it could be a wee while before the next one. You be miserable I'm savouring the moment. Half full glass. 

Only 6 days till our next win. Not that long to wait.