Local hero - Calum Hawkins

antrin

I use to run alongside Calum during at U15 level for Kilbarchan. You already knew back then that if any of us was going to make it big, it be Calum. Most of us were decent, but there was always one or two at that level who were guaranteed to always be going for the win being a cut above the rest, and Calum was of that sort. Incredibly talented and it’s great to see just how far he’s gone.

14 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I use to run alongside Calum during at U15 level for Kilbarchan. You already knew back then that if any of us was going to make it big, it be Calum. Most of us were decent, but there was always one or two at that level who were guaranteed to always be going for the win being a cut above the rest, and Calum was of that sort. Incredibly talented and it’s great to see just how far he’s gone.

In this case, just over 26 miles

On 10/7/2019 at 11:20 PM, antrin said:

And I believe Robert ran marathons as an international, too.... 

He’s still coaching.  Did you know John Rodgers?

I did indeed. It was John who scouted us when we had our own school competition. It was some form of heptathlon thing, I was pish at most of it but stood out in the 800m. John worked very closely with the younger groups so we all knew him.