Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
lugton

Is There Any Buddie Out There ?

Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

In my view the blame for the current dip in the forum can be laid firmly at the door of one or two posters who absolutely ruined any reasoned debate or comment. Their inaccurate posts and the immediate calling of anyone  that disagreed with them as liars just sucked the life out of all reasonable people. Their apparent need to respond to every comment posted without actually contributing positively to the debate certainly discouraged me from posting. 

It will just be a dip and soon the more well balanced and reasonable posters will return. 

Hi there, fairly new, interested to know who, in your opinion, these posters are? 

If you say me I'll run away and cry. ha ha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Hi there, fairly new, interested to know who, in your opinion, these posters are? 

If you say me I'll run away and cry. ha ha 

No point in looking backwards. If they rear their heads again I’m sure you will be able to work it out pretty quickly. 
 

Onwards and Upwards as my old school motto said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

No point in looking backwards. If they rear their heads again I’m sure you will be able to work it out pretty quickly. 
 

Onwards and Upwards as my old school motto said. 

Unless you let the power that rules know your opinion there will be no change.

Anyhow, back to work, lunch break over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

It's international week that's why the forum is so quiet.

I've done a bit of looking back, ha ha, and it seems there's a drop in the regular match day threads.

I'm sure there's people better placed than me to suggest the possible reasons, age of members, mainly oldies ha ha, lack of moderation, no new ideas in this day of instant commutation.

Hi ho, off to work we go. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

I've done a bit of looking back, ha ha, and it seems there's a drop in the regular match day threads.

I'm sure there's people better placed than me to suggest the possible reasons, age of members, mainly oldies ha ha, lack of moderation, no new ideas in this day of instant commutation.

Hi ho, off to work we go. 

 

 

Thanks for your input, Dopey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

It's busiest when we're struggling and people are angry and want a new manager etc... let's hope it stays quiet then....

We are struggling.

My opinion is that  people were being put off by nonsensical post and thread building of certain posters. It made hard work of looking for decent debate. I know I've got fed up trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. It reminds me of the CB trend. It lost it's appeal when too many idiots  decided to get involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We are struggling.

My opinion is that  people were being put off by nonsensical post and thread building of certain posters. It made hard work of looking for decent debate. I know I've got fed up trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. It reminds me of the CB trend. It lost it's appeal when too many idiots  decided to get involved.

Facebook is heaving with Saints fans compared to BAWA. It's not for me but its certainly busy. Would be intresting to know how many under 20's post here. Outwith the promotion season fans have suffered for years as we struggled. Here we are again going into a season full of optimism made greater by beating Aberdeen. Sadly we are back to the norm struggling. Why the club cant progress in the top league is a real mystery.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IOBS this forum is polluted by WUMs and aliases. I am sure Div is getting to point of chucking it. Thankless task moderating tossers like Hand of Stone who from post one just slates fellow posters. But in truth past caring. I will just support from the terracin and be done with it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hands of stone said:

Sweeper, Doug-jamie, cockles, munoz, Baz, St Ricky, Ftof but to name a few..forum clique who all ruin forum..not allowed to disagree or have your own opinion or they turn on you or simply grass to Div...wait for their replys, crap patter or put-downs defending themselves...

And how would know all this with your month on here or might be another aliarse. Your a sad individual ....get a life..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Facebook is heaving with Saints fans compared to BAWA. It's not for me but its certainly busy. Would be intresting to know how many under 20's post here. Outwith the promotion season fans have suffered for years as we struggled. Here we are again going into a season full of optimism made greater by beating Aberdeen. Sadly we are back to the norm struggling. Why the club cant progress in the top league is a real mystery.  
Facebook is probably first choice for the under 20's.

Personally, I use Facebook a lot, but have 95% of my Saints talk in here.

Only off-putting thing in here at present is the repetitive nonsensical shite of one poster who insists on having the last word!

I admit I tried to reason with him and got caught up in his childish games. I apologise.

That one person does more harm to the forum than a dozen Shull's!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IOBS this forum is polluted by WUMs and aliases. I am sure Div is getting to point of chucking it. Thankless task moderating tossers like Hand of Stone who from post one just slates fellow posters. But in truth past caring. I will just support from the terracin and be done with it
 
HoS is easily ignored, as is all of his aliases!

The Baztard who wears you down with pettiness not so much.

He genuinely is single keyboardly in risk of ruining the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

IOBS this forum is polluted by WUMs and aliases. I am sure Div is getting to point of chucking it. Thankless task moderating tossers like Hand of Stone who from post one just slates fellow posters. But in truth past caring. I will just support from the terracin and be done with it

 

Does anyone else apart from Div moderate? From what I’ve seen on here he seems to get fed info and bins/bans people without not actually getting the full story. Think we could be doing with mods who regularly use the forum. Would probably help the forum as well as Div, I don’t mind the banter on here, some of it can be too much at times but least it keeps the forum busy.
 

what I will say is people who give it out need to be prepared to take it back, too many snowflakes these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mattman said:

Does anyone else apart from Div moderate? From what I’ve seen on here he seems to get fed info and bins/bans people without not actually getting the full story. Think we could be doing with mods who regularly use the forum. Would probably help the forum as well as Div, I don’t mind the banter on here, some of it can be too much at times but least it keeps the forum busy.
 

what I will say is people who give it out need to be prepared to take it back, too many snowflakes these days.

There used to be moderators some still post here got the impression the hassle was not worth it.  Even Div rarely posts in his baby using Twitter instead that tells you all you need to know. The biggest change in our life time is the internet its brought good and bad out of people thankfully more good than bad. There has been good posters disappear over the years which is a real shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hands of stone said:

Sweeper, Doug-jamie, cockles, munoz, Baz, St Ricky, Ftof but to name a few..forum clique who all ruin forum..not allowed to disagree or have your own opinion or they turn on you or simply grass to Div...wait for their replys, crap patter or put-downs defending themselves...

Disagree vehemently, yes a few of them can be contentious and some; oh so superior at times, but mostly they engender debate unlike the likes of........... ffs fae arbroath, the love me tender man, our taxi /limo driver friend and a few more (who know who they are).  It is meant to be a forum ......... not a love in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

IOBS this forum is polluted by WUMs and aliases. I am sure Div is getting to point of chucking it. Thankless task moderating tossers like Hand of Stone who from post one just slates fellow posters. But in truth past caring. I will just support from the terracin and be done with it

I think he is another incarnation of Shull, or maybe his twin 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...