Jay Henderson

We've got to hope there will be at least 1 or 2 making the step up this season. Its obviously difficult for the young ones to try and establish themselves as we've seen with Erhahon and McPherson, but fingers crossed we'll see the next J McGinn, Morgan etc.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

We've got to hope there will be at least 1 or 2 making the step up this season. Its obviously difficult for the young ones to try and establish themselves as we've seen with Erhahon and McPherson, but fingers crossed we'll see the next J McGinn, Morgan etc.

Maybe the first step is to go out on loan . Maybe somewhere like Stirling Albion or Clyde .

On 10/18/2019 at 2:43 PM, santaponsasaint said:
On 10/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, MenstrieSaint said:
Watched the highlights of the Wrexham game and Jay Henderson look very good . Is he ready yet for the first team squad ? How good is he ? How long has he been with us ?

How many times you seen him?.?

I've not seen him , that's why I asked the question . Saw the highlights of the Wrexham game and he looked quite decent and had a bit of pace about him . Was wondering how he is coming on in the reserves .

• 2 years later...
On 1/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, FTOF said:

I didn't realise his dad was Darren Henderson.

I can see the resemblance.

There was a feature in one of the papers about it,  round about the time we played twice at Rugby Park late last season. The family live in Kilmarnock and they wanted to sign him as a youngster , but his dad advised him to sign for us !

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2022 at 1:25 PM, Maboza said:

A wee bit raw which is to be expected but the boy has undoubted ability and looks like he has a good attitude as well. 

Now played for Scotland Under 21 Team. Came on as a sub against Turkey at Tynecastle last night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

Watched the highlights of the Wrexham game and Jay Henderson look very good . Is he ready yet for the first team squad ? How good is he ? How long has he been with us ?

Spotted him early Menstrie

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon next season is seriously important for this young man's career development. Make or break IMO. He is still too lightweight and he really needs to bulk himself up during the close season and work hard on his speed. Potentially he could be a big player for us.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I reckon next season is seriously important for this young man's career development. Make or break IMO. He is still too lightweight and he really needs to bulk himself up during the close season and work hard on his speed. Potentially he could be a big player for us.

If he bulks himself up, as you suggest, he WILL be…

• 3 weeks later...